Posted August 26, 2013
The dedication of Mrs. Nelson along with the teachers and staff is phenomenal. They have won many awards individually and in groups which shows how they work as a team. Although budget cuts and changes within the district have been challenging, Stocker has taken it in stride and grown.

Posted December 09, 2007
We had 1 daughter already graduate and is now in mahone , my other daughter is in 3rd grade , both girls rave over the teachers and the school , my wife and I both love the school , well organized and very caring for the children . Both girls loved going to school with perfect attendance and grades , thank you stocker staff

Stocker Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2007
I am not happy with Stocker at all. My son had to transfer to Stocker due to the boundaries being changed. At first I thought that it would be a good move, but in the 2 months my son has been at Stocker it has been one little thing after another. From the demerit system to teacher response, homework assignments and finally tardiness. A child will get a demerit for something as small as forgetting a pencil and if the get 3 demerits they will be unable to attend the next field trip. Children are being tested on things that they do not cover at all in class, they just get a homework assignment on it. also if you child too many tardies (and I am talking 2-3 minutes late) even if they are excused you could possibly be fined! I could go on and on but am out of space!

Stocker Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2007
My kids are going to this school.We are getting regular home works and feedback on school work and teachers also doing good follow-up with kids and parents.I recommend this school to the people who is moving to Kenosha.

Posted August 12, 2007
Two of my sons went to Stocker and unfortunately we had to move out of state. We loved the school and the teachers. We never had any problems with any other students. I would definately recomend this school moving to the Kenosha area! Kelly

Posted April 15, 2006
I have two children in Stocker and I am involved with their Cub Scout Program. I have never seen a school with stronger parental involvement. Stocker is a true gem of a school amongst many other great public schools in Kenosha. It is true that they have trouble with staff turnover (particularly in Kindergarten where a number of the staff have left due to pregnancies), but they have quality staff nonetheless. A new principal this year initially caused some turmoil, but she has proven herself capable and sensitive to the children. A number of special programs have been started and have shown that the school really cares about its students. I can't speak to special education, but for the traditional child - they provide a quality education (at a very high level of expectation).

Stocker Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2006

Stocker Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2006
Stocker is my district school. We haven't been having much luck with teachers/staff completing the entire year. There have been surgeries, maternity leave, change of positions, resignations...the list goes on. This means that our kids have to struggle with long-term substitutes along with new routines to learn. I haven't had much luck with the staff. It seems that if our kids aren't achieving to the best of their ability in class then obviously we aren't doing enough in the home setting. Our son fell behind, way behind, and we weren't notified until the end of the second quarter. What a shame! Now, we have to help him play catch-up but his regular teacher won't be back for weeks. Is it up to the substitute to fill-in the gaps...I don't think it should work that way. We are seriously considering private school at least until high school.

Stocker Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2004
My daughter whent there for a quarter. we had an a horible time comunicating whith the Specail Ed staff. several attempts were made to remidy the problems. it fell on deaf ears. It was so bad my daughter ended up going to a differnt school for for the remander of the year. I would never reconmend this school to anyone!

Posted June 07, 2004
my son is in kindergarten. we moved here half way through the school year and were very nervous about starting a new school. the staff was excellent, and very helpful. His teacher and class mates made him feel right at home. he loves his school and I am 100% satisfied! all of the teachers that I have met are friendly and the kids seem so happy to be there. I try to help out as much as possible and they are always more then happy to see you there volunteering. the PTKS is doing a great job. my son had Miss Pohl (soon to be Mrs. Brand). I highly reccommend her to you for kindergarten. she is the nicest and best teacher I ever met. she encourages the children and makes them feel comfortable. Her asst. teacher this year was Ms. Carver, and she too was wonderful! my son loves them.

Stocker Elementary School
6315 67th St, Kenosha, WI  53142
Last modified Stocker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stocker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top