Posted April 10, 2014
My son attended Kindergarten and 1st grade here and it was a horrifying experience. His teachers were disengaged and spent 90% of their time handling behavior problems in other children. There is virtually zero parent involvement - if you decide to get involved with the school, be prepared to be the ONLY parent there. 5 years later, my son still begs me to never send him back to that school again as the behavior of his peers was so scary. We moved to get AWAY from this school. Best decision we've ever made for our family.

Grant Elementary School 5

Posted March 11, 2014
I don't know what teachers the other other reviewers are speaking of, but I have not had any of these problems. My son is in fifth grade and his teacher is giving him work that exceeds his grade level since his skill exceeds his grade level. He has gone there since first grade and I have never had any issues with any of the teachers doing their jobs or progressing my child at his level.

Posted February 04, 2014
I would not send my child to this school if I could avoid it. The teachers are lazy and make no effort to challenge the students. I spent the summers teaching my child math and reading because her teacher was not teaching at the correct grade level. When she went back to school I allowed the school to take over teaching and her test scores actually went down from the end of summer to spring. They make absolutely no effort to let parents know what they are teaching in class. My child was told she didn't need to bring home information about various class lessons when she felt she needed extra help to understand. My child's fourth grade teacher repeatedly said in front of students that she didn't get paid enough to deal with them. Her fifth grade teacher has no problem telling students she doesn't agree with the new principal's rules and doesn't like to follow them. Also they allowed high school boys to participate in girl's intramurals after school without telling the parents. This year there is a new principle and he does seem to be trying to change things. I hope that he can because this school is failing its students.

Posted March 14, 2013
Horrible all around! Poor communication, lack of supervision and disrespectful staff! A definite concern for my child's well-being. Nothing but one problem after another. Would not recommend this school. I honestly cannot think of one positive aspect.

Grant Elementary School 5

Posted January 13, 2009
Grant Elementary in Kenosha exceeds all expectations I have ever had about a school. The teachers are dedicated professionals with an enduring desire to continue with quality education and being up to date on teaching trends and technolgy! They treat all students with respect and create a very positive learning environment for all children of all abilities.

Grant Elementary School
1716 35th St, Kenosha, WI  53140
Last modified Grant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top