Kenosha, WI

Vernon Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2013
The principal at this school floats along. She only up dates the web site for the school once, twice a year. The school sends home announcements the day before things happen so you can't prepare for school activities. I would not recommend sending your child to this school if you can avoid it!! Pick another great school like Bose, Southport, or Curtis Strange. I know they are Great schools with great principals that care about your children!!!! I know this because my adult children went to them years ago and most of the staff are still there.

Vernon Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2011
My only experience thus far has been with the ec/4k collaborative classroom at vernon and it has been great! the teachers were very understanding about my concern with my 3 year old special needs daughter to school. she has learned so much academically and socially in the past year and i am so thankful for her teachers miss jill, miss lynette, and miss laura. there are 17 kids, 10 of which are regular ed and 7 who have an IEP. there is one regular ed teacher, one special ed teacher and one special ed aid but you could not pick out the special ed teachers or kids from regular ed as the kids are all treated the same and held to the same standards and the teachers work together as a team to keep the classroom running smoothly. the only fault i can find is that the communication from my daughters therapists is sparse, but i can hardly blame them with their heavy caseloads. they have shown great interest in her well being at meetings and i think there is just not enough time in the day for them.

Vernon Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2010
We are a family here at Vernon with Staff and Students. My own children came to Vernon for their Elementary education and are now college grads and have families of their own at 31 and 33 years old. I am very happy with Vernon especially with the sincerity from staff and office staff and it is a walking school close to our neighborhood.

Posted September 28, 2009
I have a child in EC and one in 1st grade. They both have wonderful teachers. The office staff is always friendly and helpful. I wouldn't want my children to go any where else.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted August 25, 2008

Vernon Elementary School
8518 22nd Ave, Kenosha, WI  53143
Last modified Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vernon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top