Bad
Good

Indian Trail High School And Academy 3

Posted March 23, 2015
This School Is Excellent. Yes, This School Is Full Of People Who Will Tease Because Of The Cloths Or Brands You Wear The Type Of Shoes You Were But Remember Every School Is Like That! People Can Be Rude And Don't Think About Anyone Else Beside There "Squad". But This School Is Really Good On Taking Care Of That. Besides All That This School Is Amazing. This School Is More Having Fun Then Any Other School.

Posted July 19, 2014
Excellent. When I was first coming in as a freshman two years ago, I was thinking that it was going to be like college (from what people tell me and what I see in the movies). Huge classroom numbers of 60-80 people and teachers not caring about learning names and what grade you get in the class, but this school, is different and I actually like it. If you we're doing bad in the class or slipping in your grades they would pull you aside and try and help you. This school does have it's ups and downs, like crowded hallways, student fights, and others, but if you look past all the drama it is a really good school. I can admit the first few days of every school year, I would still get lost sometimes, but I kept a route so that wouldn't happen.

Indian Trail High School And Academy 1

Posted February 15, 2014
I am a student of one of KUSD's choice schools, but this is my boundary school. I had to attend classes at this school several times, though I am not full-time. Let me just tell you, this school is terrible. It's out of control. It's amazing what measures the staff has to go through to only attempt to manage trouble-making students (including hall security, "sweeps," organizing no-pass lists, etc). On top of this, there is trash all over the place. In the halls, in the classrooms, on the floor in the bathroom... it's disgusting. This school is also simply gigantic. Finding any particular classroom can be a challenge for this reason, and I'd hate to spend a full school day here walking all over just by walking from class to class (forget using a locker). Even for its massive size, this school is crowded. This in addition to the 8-period-a-day schedule that KUSD implemented, I believe, has taken its toll on some of the teachers. I spoke with one outside of class and they said that it was difficult to teach a class in such a short period of time, plus it's difficult managing so many classes at once. The quality of education being provided is lacking now and at no fault to the teachers

Posted February 06, 2014
This is a school where the teachers actually care about the education of each and every student.

Posted October 30, 2013
My oldest graduated from Indian Trail last year. I have 2 still there one in the high school and one in the academy. I love this school. The staff is great. In do think they need to work on drop off and pick up. It took me 30 minutes one day waiting in line to drop my kids off.

Posted August 05, 2013
I think this is a great High Shool my daughter enjoys going to this school. She has great teachers and I hope they keep up the wonderful job. My son is looking forward to attending Indian Trail in a couple of years.

Posted February 05, 2010
I've been to more than 7 schools across the country during my lifetime and Indian Trail has definitely been the best. While every school has bad teachers, in general the teachers are awesome. As a Biotech student, I take some pretty hardcore science classes and the teachers are always happy to explain things further. Indian Trail doesn't have the gang activity and violence that Tremper or Bradford has so its easier to relax and focus on studies. Indian Trail is a wonderful and unique school.

Indian Trail High School And Academy

Posted September 17, 2009
It has an excellent Special Education Department. My granddaughter graduated from Indian Trail Academy's Special Education Department in June. I am very proud of her. My daughter is at Indian Trail Academy as an educator. She teaches learning disabled children. I am very proud of her, too.

Posted May 23, 2009
The second comment down is a complete misrepresentation of Indian Trail Academy. As a former student I am very proud to call myself an ITA graduate. I was part of the Biotechnology and Environmental Science Academy. It gave me great opportunities and the leaning I was given, as well as the experiences, are invaluable. I got more science credits there than you can at any other high school (8+ sci. credits). When I was there I also took Chinese 1 & 2, which was also only available at ITA. The teachers and the learning environment is phenomenal. The students are also great. This year we had two valedictorians (both of which were Biotech. students) and one salutatorian. ITA is the definition of excellence.

Indian Trail High School And Academy 2

Posted March 12, 2009
Although the facility is new, that is really the only upside to ITA, unless you are ok with your child having a mediocre education. We've discovered that our daughter (knowing less than half of what was on her study guides the night before finals) easily breezed through and brought home unwarranted A's and B's, when she should have been getting C's and D's if ITA did not grade (apparently) on a rather low-end bell curve. It's not a horrible school, but I don't condiser it a good place to go to High School. Then again, I'm not sure there are any decent public schools in Kenosha. Sorry to sound like an elitist, but I am NOT impressed with Kenosha public schools.

Indian Trail High School And Academy
6800 60th Street, Kenosha, WI  53144
Last modified Indian Trail High School And Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.