La Crosse, WI

Posted April 25, 2014
Excellent staff. Wonderful Catholic/Christian environment with exceptional academics. Small school environment allows kids to readily participate in a myriad of school related activities--sports, drama, volunteer, charity, etc.

Posted November 14, 2011
I attended a large public school where students were 'pigeon-holed' by their interests and abilities. But at Aquinas, students get a chance to have a well-rounded and enriched education in all ways - they don't just have to stay in one niche. Students are successfully involved with athletics, music, drama, social service, and advanced classes all at the same time. By the way, the arts and music programs are truly AMAZING!

Posted September 15, 2009
My father is an Alumni, my husband and I are both Alumni and our children now attend AHS. My oldest attended public school and we were not happy with the atmosphere. He transferred to Aquinas and has been very happy with the school work, friends and extra cirruricular activities. I love the personal attention they recieve from teachers, office assistants and admin. From the president of Aquinas Catholic Schools to each of it's Principals, all are truly dedicated, caring, christian individuals. I am glad to call Aquinas our school.

Aquinas High School 0

Posted August 04, 2009
Aquinas is a fine school as long as your child is an above average student willing to accept their limited course offerings. The administration encourages sports and is willing to adjust the entire school schedule to accommodate the various sport schedules. The arts is definitely second to sports. They have limited AP and Honor's classes and even if they have the class you are looking for they only offer advanced classes once each term so you're going to have to compromise. The teachers are outstanding, the administration is horrible and the school facilities are wonderful. The fellow students are the nicest group of kids you will ever hope to meet. If I could do it over, I would not send my child to this school because the scheduling headaches and the limited availability of advanced classes have made my life miserable. Into sports? This is the school for you.

Posted April 07, 2009
Aquinas is an excellent school. The academics are challenging and the teachers really care about the students. My daughter will be graduating this year and has received three scholarships and was accepted by several very competetive colleges. Aquinas offers competitive academics with nurturing teachers. It's a great school and well worth it.

Posted November 14, 2008
I find that hard to believe, as a former student of the school, I feel that it offers the best academics out of any other schools in the La Crosse are. I have friends who attended public schools and we were definitely challenged more than others. Plus the fact of high ACT scores and we are ranked the third in the nation in private schools. Enough on academics, I loved my class and the school. Everyone really got along with everyone, of course you re going to have some of the bullying, but that s to be expected at any school. I personally plan on sending my children there someday! I loved it there! Plus the atmosphere was amazing, very warm and inviting! Also because its a smaller school you can have more personal relationships with the teachers, which I found to be a huge benefit.

Aquinas High School 1

Posted May 22, 2008

Aquinas High School 1

Posted March 22, 2008
My kid was picked on bye all of the kids, horrible school . Would never send my kid there again. Terrible.

Aquinas High School 4