Bad
Good

My son attends here after moving into the area from a few towns over. Absolutely amazing. It's a public school with the feeling of being a private school. The teachers are all great, they know all the students and who the siblings are. The teachers are easy to contact and stay in contact with. Even the principal/superintendent knows everyone.

Woods school is superior. It has all the good things about a small school ... excellent teach to child ratio, opportunity for children to participate in a large variety of extra curriculars, challenging academics, with many options only found in larger schools (languages, sports, great arts program). From Mr. B, the principal, through to the excellent teachers and staff, and the high level of parent and community involvement, I cannot imagine sending my kids anywhere else.

I have 2 children and both are currently attending or have attended this wonderful school. I have found this school to be second to none. This school has everything from music, drama, sports and student council to being highly academic. I can't wait for my son to be in 6th grade so he can experience some of the new electives the school has just begun offering!! I truly believe this school is a gem!

I am a parent of 2 children at this school. I have been pleased with their educational experience. My older child has learning differences and the school has adapted to meet his needs very well. He is athletically oriented and there are opportunities for him to participate. My younger son is advanced and less athletic. He has fit in well with the drama program, music and forensics. Parents are very involved in many aspects of the school. The teachers have been very responsive. Woods School has been great for my children.

Woods School is an amazing educational facility! We are very proud to have our child attending Woods and sharing in an educational experience of a lifetime! The staff does a terrific job displaying the traditions and educational beliefs and present them in a welcoming manner that gives the feeling of accomplishment and success for our child. It is a true honor to be a part of such an amazing educational team.

This school is small and it some cases not a good choice. The schools is not a safe place for development at all. We removed our child due to seroius isses along with other in the last two years. Be careful

It provides a safe, healthy, friendly, and an excellent learning environment all at the same time.

My daughter has improved so much since attending Woods school, her confidence level is much better, Mrs. Bohn has great values which she implicates on her students she is the best teacher my daughter has ever had,

Woods school has been wonderful for my daughter. Located in a small town, My daughter gets lots of attention. We have been lucky to start our education here.

My child's experience at Woods has been mixed. In the early grades, the tight-knit, small school atmosphere was nice. Keeping him there past 5th was a mistake--the school's obsession with athletics and the lack of other extracurriculars creates a culture that is stunted and warped. And it's not just the students; most of the influential teachers over-emphasize athletics as well. My child participates in sports, but not to the degree that his classmates do, and there is no faster track to alienation at Woods than to admit a disinterest in competitive sports. Even the field trips are centered around sports--the kids miss 4 academic days per year to go downhill skiing! Then there are the days missed for golfing, ice skating, bike riding, and watching Brewers games. Families who are passionate about athletics will love this school. If your child has other interests, he or she might be happier elsewhere.

Last modified Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.