Calvary Baptist School 1

Posted April 11, 2014
Attending Calvary for a couple of years, I felt I missed a ton. They don't have all the sports option or AP/Honor classes. Not a lot of kids at all and the number is steadily decreasing. There are not a lot of people to choose for friends. I would not recommend this school. I did not have a good experience here at all and am so glad I left. I wish I would of left sooner!! The teachers definitely show major favoritism.

Posted November 11, 2012
Our children have been attending Calvary Baptist School for over ten years. We are extremely pleased with the academic excellence. Our children have also played sports and have thoroughly enjoyed their experiences and opportunities. The atmosphere at CBS is one of respect, honesty and definitely Christ centered.

Posted October 18, 2012
I hear and understand what some of the other comments have shared. Du e to the size of the school, there are some challenges when it comes to the ability to offer certain extra curricular activities and AP courses. However, the curriculum offered at Calvary is about 6-12 months ahead of that at our local public school. One of my son's has had to homeschool this year through an online school due to health issues. When tested for his online school, which is run by Waukesha Public School, he tested at a grade higher! Our classes are pretty much AP classes on their own. The economy has hit us hard, as it has many private Christian Schools, but there are many devoted and dedicated parents and teachers that are giving our children an amazing foundation. Our new Calvary Baptist Booster Club is working hard and has already begun to make a difference in the school's funding. Great things are ahead for all our students, school, and families!

Calvary Baptist School 2

Posted July 12, 2012
Calvary used to be a solid Chriistian school and environment. Unfortunately, steady decline iin the number of students coupled with a changing enconomy have seen the school make choices inconsistent with Christian values to stay viable. This shows in the lack of discipline and consistency on the part of many the students and reluctance by the staff to do anything that might result in a decline in enrollment. This creates a circular effect which has casued a number of families to leave in recent years. Overall, the educational quality has been good but as others have said, the lack of AP classes and substandard sports and related extracurricular programs create a noticable shortcoming when compared to with other schools. Normally, those things would pale in comparison to a solid Christian foundation, but given the issues mentioned above, Calvary has lost its way.

Calvary Baptist School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
Having attended this school for middle and high school, I feel I missed a lot of opportunities other schools could have afforded me. Yes, this school is Christ based and the curriculum, for the most part, is Christ Centered, a lot of opportunities are missed. Having attended here I missed AP classes, sports competitiveness on a higher level and in more areas, extra curricular activities, and extra classes and specialty classes. Having three school-aged children now, we have opted to put them into a conservative Christian School for elementary and our two oldest now are at public middle schools. Having sent them to a Christian based elementary school, I feel they are just as prepared to attend a public school and deal with all the day to day issues of those schools. Trust me, having attended Calvary Baptist, we found ways to do things that were not always right just.

Posted November 01, 2007

Calvary Baptist School 3

Posted June 06, 2007
- a former student
I attended Calvary throughout my High School Career. The teachers are great and are clearly devoted to education both inside the classroom and out. It is a small school, so for me I did not feel that I had the opportunities that I would have liked. Their extracrriculars are minimal, and they do not have any AP classes. They also do not have many elective classes. The quality of the classes is good, just not many options. They only have Choir...nothing else musically. They do not have art accept Drama. The soprts are also minimal. Personally I think that I would have had better opportunities at a public, or larger private school.

Calvary Baptist School 4

Posted January 02, 2007
As parents of 2 current students and one graduate, we have been pleased with the quality of education and atmosphere of the school. My son did very well on ACT tests and was accepted at every college where he applied, including UW-Madison. This had a lot to do with the education received at Calvary. While the school is too small to offer a lot of different class options, the brand new building now has a fully-equipped science lab. We appreciate the personal touch of a small school and the positive spiritual environment.

Calvary Baptist School 3

Posted May 10, 2005

Calvary Baptist School
N84W19049 Menomonee Avenue, Lannon, WI  53046
Last modified Calvary Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top