Bad
Good

I've gone to Lodi my whole life. I would never want to go anywhere else and I plan on coming back to Lodi after college to build my family and make sure my kids have a great place to grow up in too. Now in my last year of high school, I have been able to appreciate just how lucky students at Lodi High are. Our staff is tough but caring and only expects the best from their students. For those who didn't enjoy their experience at Lodi, didn't take their opportunity for what it was worth. We are not a school full of drugs and bullies. A few kids that make bad choices shouldn't define the school as a whole. Overall, the students at my high school are passionate, intelligent, hard working kids that should feel lucky for the wide range of things they are able to do in such a small school like Lodi.

Amount of homework: Agree

Yes, AP classes have a lot of homework but it is a college level class so nothing else can be expected. As for the regular classes, the homework amount is manageable even with sports, arts, work, and family and friends.

Lodi high school has been a great fit for my family. My kids love the staff and all the different opportunities that they have in a small school environment. The kids are by no means perfect, but when issues arise they are dealt with by a caring and supportive staff. We are thrilled with our recent move to Lodi.

Lodi High School is a great place for students to attend. Their test scores are increasing, co-curricular activities have been awesome (three athletic teams going to state, top rated FFA chapter, Mock Trial going to state, and several awards for their musical). It is no means a perfect place, but there is extra support for students who struggle academically and more flexibility for students who don't need the extra help. The school is headed in the right direction.

I see that a lot of parents have been submitting ratings but they don't truly know what goes on in the school during school hours. this school is full of bullies, drugs, and out of control kids. but I do agree that parents are very involved in the music and sports. and the teachers there are very caring and good at what they do.

Lodi Schools have outstanding international opportunities for kids and families! There is a lot of progressive stuff going on here - from multiple exchange programs to in class curriculum that focuses on students being ready for a working environment that is global. I am pleased to know my kids are getting these opportunities and proud to know Lodi has been honored by the state for their outstanding work - see link: http://www.ecb.org/global/

The Lodi Public School district is neither poor or great. It is an average public school no different than most US schools. The previous comments are all about extra cirricular activites, nothing more, nothing less. Our school district overemphasizes athletics and international relations. If the district spent more time engaging our kids in interesting cirriculum, maybe our test scores would be higher. This district has many good teachers and a few great ones. The school board and the administrators have fostered an atmosphere of 'us verses them" mentality for years. Time and time again you are told that it is always the students fault or the parents. Parents are kept at bay in Lodi when it comes to academics but we are welcome to come and blow up balloons for prom. Lodi gets a perfect rating for keeping kids busy in activities but falls short in making future leaders.

My daughter and I are new to the Lodi school district and so far we are very impressed with Lodi HS, the staff, and the teachers. We just had our first parent/teacher conference and everyone was very helpful, interested in my child and her work, and their jobs as a whole. I rate this school in the top 10 percent.

I believe as a parent that Lodi High School has a great and caring special education staff. My son even visits after graduating high school to tell about his successes.

I agree. Lodi High School is an excellent place for students to participate in more than one extra curricular activity, and still have time for school work. The block system allows for more one on one time with the students, and teachers often help students get homework done in class. The forensic team won back the Hintz award this year, and the team continues to do well. Overall, I would say the majority of each graduating class attends college, and continue on to live very productive lives. If you want your child to attend a small school, where teachers are an active part of the student's academic and social lives, Lodi is the place for you.

Last modified Lodi High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.