Madison, WI

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

110 years of academic excellence, traditions of success, and a culture of faith. We take pride in the past, the people who have paved the way, and what we do now. We are making every effort to assure future generations the learning environment at St. James; the talented and devoted teachers, the amazing parent community, and the generous parishioners at Good Shepherd work hard to help us maintain what we treasure. We are grateful for the continued interest and support of so many parishioners, our parent community, generous donors, from alumni and others who believe in our mission. Some people call our school Madison s best kept secret. The secret is out! We will continue to make a difference in the Madison area in 2015 and beyond.
May 13, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 13, 2015

Posted December 06, 2014
I have two children that attend this school. I love it! I am able to check in at the office and go the class rooms at almost anytime. Any time that I have had a question or concern, I can go directly to the teachers, and I have found the teachers and staff are very responsive. There are computer labs and smart boards and all the other modern tools there. The things I love best is that the school is smaller, the kids get great attention that is full of love and there is a very strong sense of community within the school.. The school holds the parents accountable as well, you as a parent are expected to be involved in the school occasionally, help on playground, etc.. I live in Madison school district and don't consider that a desirable option. I would rather spend my money on my kids education then other things. I would recommend this school to everyone, if I didn't think it was the best I certainly would not send my own children there. Hope this helps.

Posted September 05, 2009
My twins attend the Pre-K program. We are not Catholic, but feel right at home. The Pre-K program has the perfect mix of academics and free play. I looked at other private schools in the area and found St. James to offer the best learning environment and activities for my kids. They will be attending St. James through 8th grade!

Posted February 05, 2009
I have been very impressed and happy with everything this school has to offer. I love the diversity (especially for a Catholic school). The values and principles are very high. No one is excluded regardless of religous back ground.

Posted December 05, 2008
St. James is a terrific school with a wonderfully diverse population and strong academic standards. A very loving, community feeling where children recieve individual attention.

Posted August 18, 2007
Outstanding school with diversity and academic excellence. Band program for grades 4-8, sports begin in grade 5. Christmas program is best in the city. Parentl involvement in very strong. Enrollment increases in each of past five years.

1204 Saint James Court, Madison, WI  53715
Last modified St James Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St James Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top