Madison, WI
Before care: Yes

Posted August 27, 2013
My son was enrolled at MCMS starting in the toddler program through graduation from the adolescent program (grade 8). His attendance at MCMS is one of the greatest gifts my husband and I ever will give to him. The school's strict adherence to AMI Montessori principals have given our son a most valuable aid to living a meaningful life intent on constant learning. I am so thrilled to know that the school's enrollment is growing each year.

Posted August 27, 2013
We have never felt more at home or more welcome than at this school. Regardless of cultural background, or financial need, all children are treated as individuals and their guides tailor their lesson according to each child's abilities. The warmth and joy that emanate from within each classroom is amazing. Lessons of grace and courtesy (the true tenets of Maria Montessori) are evident in almost all activities. Our children are allowed to learn at their own pace and are supported in their learning journey by amazing staff. From the toddler room all the way through the adolescent classroom, we feel very fortunate to be part of this wonderful school community.

Madison Community Montessori School 2

Posted August 17, 2013
Unfortunately, this school does not follow Maria Montessori's mission. I know of many families that have left because of a lack of support when their child does not fit into a certain mold, and the administration favors families that have larger incomes.

Posted June 01, 2013
Our family has had a wonderful experience at MCMS. My child wants to go to school on Saturday and Sunday which makes my husband and I know how comfortable and successful she feels there. I wish more children could experience the wonders of a Montessori education and specifically Montessori education at Madison Community Montessori school.

Posted July 27, 2012
I have three kids attending this school in both the preschool and elementary levels, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the quality of the education they are receiving. Academics, moral and character development are truly integrated in the classroom. The children gain independence, self-motivation, and compassion for others through the school's implementation of the Montessori Method. The curriculum is focused on what is developmentally appropriate for the child, and allows the children themselves to work toward mastery of materials and lessons, so they truly "own" their work.

Posted December 08, 2011
Excellent school! We visited many schools in the area, and Madison Central Montessori did an impressive job of harnessing kids innate curiosity to create an environment of learning that develops each child to their potential. The kids get such enjoyment from learning in this way! My kindergartner was doing long division and loving it, because of the way they prepare the kids to look at learning as something akin to a more serious version of play. The Montessori method is really the best way to have an educational experience tailored to your child, and this is the only AMI certified school in Madison.

Posted April 08, 2010

Posted November 19, 2009
I have two children at MCMS. I am so impressed with the dedication of staff, parents and teachers. In researching a lot of school options for my children's preschool and elementary education I have found that not all Montessori schools are created equal and the adherence to all of Montessori's principles makes a world of difference in the educational outcomes and environment of a school. MCMS is the only AMI recognized elementary school in the state of Wisconsin . The quality of the students experience must ben seen to be believed. Students need and environment where they are valued and trusted to follow their educational interests. The environment of this school has been amazing for my children and I cannot imagine sending them any place else - I only wish they had high school.

Posted October 28, 2009
We love MCMS, our daughter is in her 3rd year of preschool there. The teachers are the perfect combination of keeping the kids doing things the correct way, while giving them the freedom to explore on their own. You woudln't believe how quiet the classrooms are while the kids are doing their work! They are engrossed and happy. This is our 3rd Montessori school (we have an older daughter, and had to move several times) and it is exceptional!

Madison Community Montessori School 1

Posted December 17, 2007

Madison Community Montessori School
8406 Ellington Way, Madison, WI  53562
Last modified Madison Community Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Madison Community Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top