Nuestro Mundo 4

Posted August 18, 2014
Nuestro Mundo has a so many wonderful changes happening that continue to make it a great school. The new principal is bringing great leadership and innovation. I am so happy to be a part of a charter school that continues to work toward improving how we educate our children. Principal Josh Forehand is a strong, engaged leader. That is what any school needs..Nuestro Mundo Community School is a great place for kids and parents!

Posted April 25, 2014
Our daughter is a Nuestro Mundo graduate (K-5). She just started middle school in San Jose, CA. and has made honor roll each grading period. On her last report card she received 5 As and 1 B. She has friends from diverse cultures and they converse in Spanish. Her perspective is global and she is very compassionate towards diversity and staunchly resists injustice. We contribute our daughter's academic successes and ghumane perspectives to her experiences at Nuestro Mundo.

Nuestro Mundo 1

Posted December 11, 2013
This school is not what I expected. The communication with the staff is non-existent. There are many great schools in the Madison area, a lot of which offer dual language as an option, take my advice and opt for that instead! I have had bad experiences with this school since the beginning but made the mistake of telling myself to "hang in there - things will improve." Unfortunately, I was wrong. I only wish I had pulled my child out when they were in kindergarten or 1st so they could have had a chance at a better school with higher educational progress and success. Do not make the same mistake I made.

Nuestro Mundo 1

Posted August 29, 2013
Not that great of a school which is why the 3/10 ranking. Very few parents are involved. Principal shouldn't be working in a school.

Nuestro Mundo 0

Posted October 26, 2009
I have worked in many other schools in the United States and Mexico and I have not experienced the level of commitment that parents have for their child's education until I got to Nuestro Mundo. I feel fortunate to work at Nuestro Mundo because of the families and the staff.

Posted June 12, 2008
NMCS is setting a standard for education in our community and our state. Parental involvement is welcomed and encouraged in meaningful ways. The children are all treated as individuals and encouraged to excel. The relationships with staff are on a first name basis. Questions, concerns and issues are addressed in a caring and respectful way. Educational success is a priority but as in life, the journey is just as important as the destination. NMCS offers a path not commonly taken- yet. Our community and children are the better for its existence Libbey Ortiz Meister, parent

Posted April 18, 2008
NMCS is the best thing that could have happened to Madison. It has allowed me as a single parent to give my daughter a wonderful education. It has given my child a new confidence... She knows that this school is special and doesn't take if for granted. Thank you to all the teachers who have taken education to a new level. Not to mention the incredible parental involement. Thanks for this opportunity :)

Posted September 16, 2007
NMCS is a blessing to our district. Students have achieved high academic outcomes. Our school differs from traditional learning models in that socio-economic status and having English as a second language, are Not predictors of academic success. Students are learning in a true bicultural atmosphere, which fosters a healthy level of respect among students. The charter school designation allows educators to incorporate innovative teaching methods which help the school achieve their successful outcomes. We have a tremendously high level of parent involvement through our Site Leadership Council among both native Spanish and English dominant families. Translation equipment is available to promote effective communication for all. This school offers the best opportunities and outcomes for our traditionally underserved populations and deserves a high level of community support and continued support from district administration and the Board of Education.

Nuestro Mundo
4201 Buckeye Rd, Madison, WI  53716
Last modified Nuestro Mundo is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nuestro Mundo Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top