Bad
Good

My daughter and nephews were in this school and it was amazing. Great teachers and principal.

I have two children who's been at Stephens for several years. It's a great school. The parents and teachers all care a lot. My children have learned so much in terms of education and values. They love their school.

We have had at least one child (and sometime 2-3) at Glenn Stephens for the last 14 years, so I feel I am sufficiently experienced to comment. WE LOVE STEPHENS! This is an amazing community with supportive and caring teachers and a wonderfully diverse student body. My kids are caring and considerate of all types of individuals and I credit this school for that. I value quality public education FOR ALL very highly, and I am so grateful for the devotion of this school to that goal. For what it's worth, my kids have excelled beyond Stephens in both middle and high school (and one in college now). This is a special school and any child who attends is fortunate to have the experience, education and support it provides.

Very diverse student body and great teachers and activities throughout the year. I think that over the last two years it has improved.

This school has been an amazing experience for myself and my children. The level of parent involvement was so surprising to me. Parents are always welcome and there are many ways they can be involved. The teachers work well together and help to implement many wonderful programs for the children. The full inclusion environment creates a wonderful classroom community for both typical and a typical developing children. I could not be happier with our families experiences at Stephens Elementary School!

We are beginning our 5th year at this school. After reading older posts I can tell you that most of the information is old. As with most social media sites, you'll hear from those who are really happy or those who are unhappy and want to make sure everyone knows. I have served on the PTO at this school and volunteer in the classrooms. Families are active and engaged giving of their time and financial resources. PTO provides lots of fun family activities (Movie Night, Science Fair, Spelling Bee) and provides lots of extras for the school. We've had good teachers so far. Work and Learn has not been at this school for over a year. The school has diversity and pulls kids from different subdivisions as well as the walking community. PTO welcomes any questions you may have. See the school website.

Not only does the school provide the academic education my children need, my children learn about tolerance, acceptance, community involvement, and how to be a good person. This is accomplished through diversity, role modeling, and parent involvement. My children will not only gain the needed education to be successful, they will be better people for having gone here. There can be hard lessons to learn, but in the long run, their future success will will be credited to the kind of people they are based on the lessons they learned in these early years at Glenn Stevens.

Stephens Elementary has been a wonderful environment thus far for my 7 year old son. I was very impressed with his kindergarten teacher and his 1st grade teacher has gone far and above beyond expecations. The diversity in the school is great and I appreciate the programs they implement such as their moving minds program. The principal is not always quick to react to problems but the vice principal seems very on the ball. Overall a great school!

This school is a huge disappointment. It's diverse but we have had teachers who are incompetent, unprofessional, and even bully kids and parents. Front desk and lunch staff nice but principals are ineffective and protect the bad teachers and have no respect for parents. We have had to pull our child out because of terrible teachers, not getting help for our child and poor leadership. We did not feel safe having our kid here. Very stressful and sad place, esp. if you are an involved parent.

Our children have been attending the school for a few years now. We like the cultural diversity and the above-average intelligence level of many families. All of the teachers we have met have been nothing but great! There have been several situations, however, we felt the principal did not handle the way we would have liked her to. We feel she tries too hard to "please" everyone and doesn't take firm stances. Also, this is one of the 2 elementary schools housing the Work and Learn program, intended to provide second chance for highschool graduation to troubled youth, which is not something we want our children exposed to at that age.

Last modified Stephens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.