Madison, WI
Students enrolled: 1,473

Posted May 05, 2014
We Own The STADIUM, The Trophies, And The Best Students & Staff In The City. It's All About That Cardinal & White! GOOOOO LANCERS!!

Lafollette High School 3

Posted November 28, 2013
The 4 block is fantastic, and the teachers are extremely committed to their jobs. If a student is willing to put in hard work, La Follette can do great things for him or her.

Lafollette High School 1

Posted August 28, 2013
I have attended La Follette High School for two years now. My experience has been terrible, only thing good about this school is the auto shop (especially Ms. Sherwood). The staff for the most part couldn't care less about students with special needs. My case manager (of two years) doesn't even understand what my disabilities are. My IEP has been useless. Just want parents of future students to understand that La Follette is among the worst high schools in Madison. If your son or daughter has a learning disability, please consider another school.

Lafollette High School 4

Posted August 23, 2012
IMPORTANT* First, I think it is VERY important that while test scores are very crucial (I'm a teacher with MMSD myself), LHS has the *MOST* off-site school programs in the MMSD area. The test results ARE NOT coming from only the students at LHS. They are the result of children that can no longer attend the regular MMSD public school surroundings. Not forgetting, LHS has the biggest ESL program in the area too! I am positive that there is room to improve but shame on any parent that didn't do more research than this website. LHS has an amazing open door policy. The teachers are welcoming and as long as your child is putting forth the effort ..Any LHS teacher will go the extra mile! The 4-block system is absolutely wonderful! I have a child at West and 2 at LHS. The children at LHS are high honors. While our child at west struggles through 7 classes, lessons and homework. Neither 7-class nor 4-block is better. It's just how certain children learn being key. Parents need to remember that 4-block schedules are much like college anyway! LHS parents relationships are family-like. Some of the sport coaches could improve in the organizational dept, but most of the coaches are amazing. :)

Lafollette High School 2

Posted January 18, 2011
I'm a senior at lafollette high school and I like the school but at times I feel the administration takes the fun out of high school like afer 2007 they ended the lafollette high school homecoming parade. And also I had a very difficult time transitioning from the 50 minute 7 peorid schedule in middle school to the 90 minute 4 block schedule and my grades show that and thats the reason why my GPA is so low so I hate the block schedule at lafollette the school would work alot better if it had the 50 minute 7 peorid schdeule like at East, West and Memorial. I feel like lafollette failed me and let me screw up because im not a person who like the block schedule. There are good teachers at lafollette but many of the teacher grade unfairly and the test scores at lafollette are the lowest of all 4 mmsd high schools because of the block scheduleing and the block schedule is a total failure at lafollette high school major changes need to be made at lafollette like getting rid of the block schedule and moving back to a 7 peorid schedule

Posted December 16, 2010
Lafollette rocks, i love it, just 4 blocks? its awesome!! and i love the ASL with Mrs. Guyette. C:

Lafollette High School 4

Posted March 21, 2010
LaFollette really isnt as bad as its made out to be. The four-block works really well though some kids cant handle it, and the school has a pretty good academic base. The teachers could be better, but there not the worst. The only problem is there is a lot of kids there that dont take their education seriously, and what can you really do about that. If you have a good child, who knows what they want and peer pressure cant break them, then this school is fine.

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted October 07, 2009

Lafollette High School 2

Posted September 04, 2009

Lafollette High School
702 Pflaum Rd, Madison, WI  53716
Last modified Lafollette High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafollette High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top