Lincoln Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2011
I have been a proud parent in the Midvale/Lincoln pair for 10 years. My youngest is now in 5th grade, and I am very sad to be leaving this wonderful, caring community of learning. When we first moved into the Midvale neighborhood, a number of residents tried to tell us that this pairing was not good - but many of them had never had children go through both schools! I am an educator as well, and I have never been a part of a school community that is so passionate about learning, educating, and ensuring ALL students succeed. Don't let the naysayers fool you. Although this school has had its struggles meeting NCLB standards, EVERY child IS receiving one of the best elementary educations. Both of my children are Talenged and Gifted, my high schooler currently has a 4.0. Both of my boys were challenged and nurtured, and on top of that, have had an experience with students of diferent cultures and backgrounds. My children will need that experience as our world becomes more and more diverse. BRAVO Midvale /Lincoln.

Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Lincoln school is located in a challenged area. I believe this school and it's students can use all the extra funding they can get.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2009
My son is a 5th grader with special needs at Lincoln Elementary. The teachers are extremely caring toward him and this has made all the difference in his progress over the years. Lincoln has a lot of resources for dealing with special needs kids. I have been very impressed with the level of involvement a number of staff members have taken with his development. My son is also in a double classroom with both 4th and 5th graders which is perfect for him because he started Kindergarten early and is a year behind most kids his age. He also excels in some areas for his age so that way he gets to teach the younger kids and learn from the older kids. He also gets two teachers in the classroom and therefore more individualized attention. I also like the way the teachers have created such a nurturing environment.

Lincoln Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2009

Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2007
Lincoln continues to be an excellent school. It has a large number of immigrants from around the world, who cannot take the regular English test because they are still learning the language. They are given '0' for their English scores, and these 0s are used in to determine the average test score for the school. These scores are therefore useless and should not be the basis of any school choice.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2006
- a former student
We moved from the Madison area. But, our brightest memories are of Lincoln school, especially the open classroom program. We especially remember a very dear music teacher who passed away.

Lincoln Elementary School
909 Sequoia Trl, Madison, WI  53713
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top