Stangel Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2012
I had 3 children attend Stangel. We finally pulled the last two out due to bullying that the prinicpal and teachers did not address. We found the principal to be ingenuine and lacked follow through. We felt unimportant and disregarded. We heard about strife and conflict between the teacher & prinicpal and we knew it was time to get our kids out of there. I would never recommend anyone place their child in this school...in fact, think twice about this district in general.

Stangel Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2012
My daughter went to another local school and had to switch due to enrollment numbers, we are open enrolled, and was Extremely Happy with the move. The principal is awesome, teachers have been very willing to work with you with your child. I won't give 5 stars because no one is perfect!

Posted April 27, 2010
To the previous reviewer. My child has attended this school for to grades only. Maybe the school, teachers and instruction are okay for primary grades. For the intermediate grades they definitely need to change out some teachers. My child came home with homework about once every other week. The teacher lacked motivation and teaching ability. Many times I was told by my child the teacher didn't feel like teaching and didn't. Sixth grade at this school was useless.

Posted April 12, 2010
I have had three children attend Stangel, and I have been extremely pleased. I'm not sure what the reviewer meant about their child not being challenged. All of the teachers differentiate instruction.

Stangel Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted March 11, 2009
Stangel is a great school with awsome teachers and a great lunch program my son in 5th grade loves it here!

Posted January 23, 2009
We were skeptical of the Manitowoc school district since we are not from the area. We thought if they had a good staff it would be okay. I am disappointed not to see more enthuasism from the teachers and in the school. The staff is not very friendly. I feel like we are being processed in and out. The grading system is useless and seems as though they want to pass all the kids through regardless. My child is not being challenged. In grades 4 and up it would be nice if they used an A-F scale. Having grades 1-6 is too many grades to have in one building. Seperating the elementary grades from the intermediate grades would be nice. I wonder where are taxes dollars are being used. This district has no new schools. For a smaller sized city this district is a disappointment.

Posted April 30, 2007
The teachers are great, I have three kids at Stangel and haven't had a bad experience yet. The principal is wonderful. She is very good about learning every students names. Stangel has may activities for the kids to participate in. My kids are very happy at Stangel.

Posted April 26, 2005
Stangel is and always will be a high quality place for any child to get an education. The high test scores are a reflection of quality teaching.

Stangel Elementary School
1002 E Cedar Ave, Manitowoc, WI  54220
Last modified Stangel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stangel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top