Bad
Good

Posted December 24, 2015
I attended Marshfield schools from kindergarten through graduation. I can honestly say that I feel incredibly fortunate to have attended Marshfield, especially having heard stories of the "education" that some received in neighboring communities' school systems. I took all honors classes that were available in junior high and high school and many AP classes my sophomore, junior, and senior years to max out the allowable carry over credits for college. I was awarded a large scholarship for a paper that I wrote through MHS and attended UW Madison following graduation, going on to earn a bachelors degree in engineering (as a woman, I might add). I feel I was very well prepared for college academic life because of the Marshfield school system. I truly believe the experience can be as rewarding as you make it. I was involved in athletics, band, science Olympiad, among others. There are staff that made huge impressions on me in those years and they have shaped me to be who I am today. However, as I said, the experience can be as rewarding as you allow it to be. You have to get involved with different groups and take some initiative if you want to get the full experience. Extra curriculars are a must. Sometimes that meant staying after school and participating, even when you felt like just going home. I think if you want to be successful in Marshfield schools, as well as prepare yourself or your children for life after k-12, there are ample opportunities available.

Marshfield High School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
I moved to the district because I heard it was a great school. I was wrong. My son is in Honors English. They are only reading 2 books all year. Otherwise, he's stuck reading speeches from the Democrat National Convention,opinion pieces on how bad the Republicans are, and ordered to NEVER refer to illegal immigrants as being here illegally. They are to be called undocumented workers. Teachers sometimes don't get through a lesson because students don't quit goofing off and the teacher doesn't control them. If he tries, the student threatens to complain to the principal so the teacher backs down. How backward is that? Ignore what the class descriptions say. They make the classes sound better than what they are and they claim to be teaching things that they don't. This school did not live up to it's reputation.

Marshfield High School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
I am disappointed in Marshfield. I am new to the district. It is hard to fit in because most people here have grown up together and share a past. I carefully chose my classes based on the description in the course catalog. I was told I'd be reading the Classics in Honors English. Apparently, they don't anymore. We read a lot of political stuff. My biology teacher doesn't require us to read our textbook or do the activities in it because he hated reading it when he was a student. Then why did I have to pay for a book if we're not going to use it? I spent over $100 buying supplies the teachers said I had to have only to find out we're not using most of it. Lunch is over crowded, you get very little food and often leave hungry. Sports are fine if you grew up here or have older siblings to pave the way.Otherwise, forget about being a starter. And if your good, the other kids on the team will try to intentionally sabotage you and keep you from playing. My parent graduated in '86 and learned more things in Junior High than I've learned so far and I'm in senior high. I worry for my future.

Posted December 21, 2010
Great school. Marshfield High School offers endless opportunities for all students. From many AP classes, to many tech classes.

Posted April 22, 2010
I had had 2 daughters go to MHS and it is great! It has a large variety of clubs for everyone: from Science Olympiad to Football to Dance Team to Dungeons and Dragons Club. The education they got was outstanding and the teachers really prepared them for their future.

Marshfield High School

Posted September 23, 2009
I have had 4 sons attend this school and it is without question one of the top schools in the state. The AP classes are excellent and have allowed my sons to graduate from college in 2-3 years because of the outstanding preparation that they are given by the outstanding teachers that are absolutely outstanding. There is not a another school in the area that can offer the same advantages as Marshfield-- period.

Posted March 09, 2009
Marshfield Senior High School is a great school. It offers more AP tests than a student can fit in their schedules and the teachers that teach them are amazing. Every teacher is willing to go out of their way to help everyone not just AP students. For the size the school is diverse on ideas and beliefs. This school is rated in the nation and the number of AP scholars and the fact that the school almost always has at least one student as the state AP Scholar shows how great of a school it is.

Marshfield High School 3

Posted October 04, 2005
I have two older youth that have attended this high school. If your a students without learning differences, than this school is adaquit. I feel a lack of unity in the school, unless it's centered around the football teams. The school has many opportunities in the area of music, sports and other activities.

Marshfield High School
1401 East Becker Road, Marshfield, WI  54449
Last modified Marshfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.