Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 01, 2015
Elm Lawn is a good school. Test scores are some of the best in the state. Teachers are experienced and dedicated. Good, caring staff. Middleton is a quality school district.

Elm Lawn Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
Staff at Elm Lawn is very competent and the principal is a good leader. Our son has made steady progress at this school both socially and academically in the last two years. He struggled initially at reading but I was impressed with the speed at which they assessed the problem and adapted to meet his needs. The school's focus is on creating a safe learning environment. Good community involvement, I feel like the staff and administration listens. They encourage parent involvement.

Elm Lawn Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2014
Unfortunately, we have not had a good experience with this school. As parents we have not felt welcomed or wanted here and dealt with terrible bullying of our child. Lack of value for diversity and parental involvement. It's rated a 10, but has some major problems with climate, some very rude staff, uncaring, unhappy and unprofessional teachers and a new clueless principal who is trying too hard to please everyone. Very disappointed in this school...they need to respect parents and kids, embrace diversity, and work as a team to make it a welcoming and inclusive school environment for ALL students and their families.

Posted October 24, 2013
Our son goes to Kindergarten at Elm Lawn. He loves it! The teachers are great and the environment is warm and welcoming. They always have an event or something fun going on! This is a great school!

Posted January 11, 2011
We moved to the district mid-year, and I couldn't be happier with the support our son has been given to ease his transition. The principal, social worker, and classroom teacher have all gone out of their way to help my son adjust to his new school. It is early for me to judge, but I am impressed with the parent involvement and community of parents at this school.

Posted March 07, 2009
Elm Lawn is all that we had hoped for in an elementary school for our children. We feel extremely pleased with the positive educational experience our kids are receiving.

Posted November 13, 2007
I just moved my third grader to this school from a private school, and after three months I am extremely impressed. Although the class sizes are larger than I had hoped, the teacher's outstanding capacity and commitment more than make up for it. Academically,I was concerned that my son's outstanding math ability might fall outside the standard math offering, so the administration allows me to tutor gifted math students four mornings a week. As far as extracurricular activities are concerned, the kids are very engaged in several music and art programs. In fact, last week they put on a beautiful concert in the local high school auditorium. I highly recommend this school for anyone seeking a fine public school experience.

Posted September 20, 2006
Elm Lawn is the best elementary school I could imagine for my two boys and three nieces and nephews. Each of them have different strengths and weaknesses and each of them has had an Excellent experience! The teachers do not believe in a one size fits all approach to education!

Posted July 30, 2005
Elm Lawn is probably the finest elementary school in a region which is known for quality public school education. Every member of my immediate family is in education in another state. I can say with some certainty, that this is the finest elementary school that my children could attend.

Elm Lawn Elementary School
6701 Woodgate Road, Middleton, WI  53562
Last modified Elm Lawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.