Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My kids both started at this school in kindergarten and I was done with it by the time my daughter was in 6th grade and my son in 4th. Montessori schools are the best when your child goes to kindergarten there. They learn so much and because of the style of teaching your child will be a lot more advanced. As my kids were, they were so much more advanced in reading in math than other kids their age that didn't go to a Montessori school. Unfortunately once the children get into the higher grades, about 4th or 5th, it's as if they just stop teaching them and don't really help out with any problem areas. The whole Montessori philosophy is to have children be independent as possible (look it up) so they basically have to figure things out on their own. It's just wasn't working out anymore. Montessori school is a great start for kids in kindergarten but after that, not so great.

The Orientation Day for the 3k, 4k, and 5k (2016) was very informative. Open House helped me to get a glimpse understanding of how a Montessori School teaches. As a parent, I have homework to do to provide a mirror effect to help my son at home. All-in-all, I'm delighted and my son is fortunate to be attending Craig Montessori (after being on a waiting list and got that phone call 2 weeks before school started). As a parent, Google provides a lot of information on Montessori Schools.

Develops character: Agree

Craig Montessori School allows a child to progress at his/her own rate while still meeting the required curriculum for their age level. These basic living skills these kids learn at such a young age is truly setting a foundation for future social and academic success.

Craig Montessori is a parent's dream to send their children. I've had all 3 of my children in attendance since K-3 and I could'nt not be happier with the staff and environment. When my twins first attended, the staff recognized some birth related setbacks my girls had and they also provided excellent service to get them where they belonged and beyond. My youngest was an enfant when my daughter's first attended, so for the teachers to interact with and get to know him well before he began attending was beautiful to watch unfold. He even got to have one of his sister's teachers who knew him like a family member and was able to know just what he needed to channel all of his extremely high energy. All in all, my kid's are constantly thriving academically and socially! They are treated with great respect as people and are uniquely taught in to be leaders with practical life skills to boot. The principal Ms. Tolbert is so professional and personable with parents and students. My husband and I never feel like we're just parents, but we feel a great since of community when ever we show up and experience the charming atmosphere Craig has to offer.

Awesome school! I highly recommend it. The kids are taught how to be independent and it's obvious that my son's education is improving tremendously.

My daughter is in 6th grade and she started attending Craig in 1st grade. They have a different way of teaching the children how to do learn the things that they need to learn. The few teachers that she has had over the year are wonderful and you can tell that they love teaching. I haven't experience any negativity at this school and they have a lot of activities for family involvement as well as for the parent. I wish that the grades went to 12th grade because I use to the staff & I haven't heard anything positive about the Montessori High School except that its for children that attending a Montessori school.

3 of my children attend this school, and I have been very impressed! My children are reading well above their grade level and their mathematics skills are advancing quickly! I have been particularly impressed with the way the teachers have gotten to know each of my children and have moved them along according to their individual readiness. They've also offered parenting classes and suggestions that have made me a better parent! I am a very involved parent, and I agree with the review that community-involvement is a challenge. We are working hard to build a strong community, and there are improvements all the time! The great thing about the parents at Craig is that, even though they're busy and may not be volunteering at school all the time, they're very supportive of their children at home, and they communicate with the teachers to see how they can help their students at home. I would recommend Craig Montessori most highly and also encourage parents to find out how they can get involved. Even a small gift of time will impact this community and help their child as well.

This school is the best Montesorri school with dedicated Teachers and staff nurturing our children. My daughter transfered here from another MPS montessori school and advanced very quickly. Mr. Dousman knows his students by name and involved. Ms. Lia and Ms. Panosh are very dedicated teachers and are passionate about our children, if you get either of these teachers, just know that you are very lucky!

My son has been with Craig since K3 and he is now a 7th grader. The teachers work with the children individual as well as in groups. I recommend Craig as a school choice.

Last modified Craig Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.