Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Craig Montessori School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 18, 2015
The one person I will absolutely never forget is the janitor Gabe who remained faithful to our brotherhood. I say this because he would always be there and always had a smile on his face that brightened up your day. He was never pessimistic about anything and never left you hanging. Thanks, brother.

Posted March 17, 2015
Craig Montessori is a parent's dream to send their children. I've had all 3 of my children in attendance since K-3 and I could'nt not be happier with the staff and environment. When my twins first attended, the staff recognized some birth related setbacks my girls had and they also provided excellent service to get them where they belonged and beyond. My youngest was an enfant when my daughter's first attended, so for the teachers to interact with and get to know him well before he began attending was beautiful to watch unfold. He even got to have one of his sister's teachers who knew him like a family member and was able to know just what he needed to channel all of his extremely high energy. All in all, my kid's are constantly thriving academically and socially! They are treated with great respect as people and are uniquely taught in to be leaders with practical life skills to boot. The principal Ms. Tolbert is so professional and personable with parents and students. My husband and I never feel like we're just parents, but we feel a great since of community when ever we show up and experience the charming atmosphere Craig has to offer.

Posted April 29, 2014
Awesome school! I highly recommend it. The kids are taught how to be independent and it's obvious that my son's education is improving tremendously.

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter is in 6th grade and she started attending Craig in 1st grade. They have a different way of teaching the children how to do learn the things that they need to learn. The few teachers that she has had over the year are wonderful and you can tell that they love teaching. I haven't experience any negativity at this school and they have a lot of activities for family involvement as well as for the parent. I wish that the grades went to 12th grade because I use to the staff & I haven't heard anything positive about the Montessori High School except that its for children that attending a Montessori school.

Posted December 20, 2011
3 of my children attend this school, and I have been very impressed! My children are reading well above their grade level and their mathematics skills are advancing quickly! I have been particularly impressed with the way the teachers have gotten to know each of my children and have moved them along according to their individual readiness. They've also offered parenting classes and suggestions that have made me a better parent! I am a very involved parent, and I agree with the review that community-involvement is a challenge. We are working hard to build a strong community, and there are improvements all the time! The great thing about the parents at Craig is that, even though they're busy and may not be volunteering at school all the time, they're very supportive of their children at home, and they communicate with the teachers to see how they can help their students at home. I would recommend Craig Montessori most highly and also encourage parents to find out how they can get involved. Even a small gift of time will impact this community and help their child as well.

Posted July 23, 2011
This school is the best Montesorri school with dedicated Teachers and staff nurturing our children. My daughter transfered here from another MPS montessori school and advanced very quickly. Mr. Dousman knows his students by name and involved. Ms. Lia and Ms. Panosh are very dedicated teachers and are passionate about our children, if you get either of these teachers, just know that you are very lucky!

Posted May 22, 2007
My son has been with Craig since K3 and he is now a 7th grader. The teachers work with the children individual as well as in groups. I recommend Craig as a school choice.

Posted August 25, 2003
Craig is a great school. My kids have attended since 3K, and the teachers are great. I do wish they would have more extracurricular activities available. I think that all of the teachers my kids had have been wonderful in their communication of my kids learning and growing. I do wish there were more parent participation. Most of the activities are run by the same group of parents and its hard to get people involved.

Craig Montessori School
7667 West Congress Street, Milwaukee, WI  53218
Last modified Craig Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Craig Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top