Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

All they do is yell at students. The 2 teachers I had experiences with. I thought teachers went to school to learn how to handle certain situations. But I guess yelling works better.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Over Christmas break my child brought home 103 sheets of papers to complete over break!! My child had just got transferred to the school in November!

Teachers are mean. I sat in class one day because of an event going on and I could not believe how teachers treat our kids!! I asked my daughter if her teacher treated her this way and she said only if she didn't know how to do something!!! I felt horrible as soon as I could I got them out of there! Office people were rude! They don't teach your student if they didn't know how to do the work they were sent home with it! I don't recommend this school to anyone. Believe your student when they say the teacher is mean.

AAL staff holds high expectations of the students and works hard to help the students achieve their goals. My daughter loves her teacher and loves to learn. She has art, music, gym and Spanish. She comes home each day with stories about what she's learning and is excited to be at school each day. It is a safe caring school.

My son went here for first grade through fifth grade, I can't say enough positive things about the teachers, staff, safety, comfort and learning environment at the school. My son also enjoyed the opportunity to learn piano, foreign language, art, and gym class as well. It really felt like family here.

This is my daughter's first year at Alcott. She transferred from a different school, and I was a little apprehensive because we loved her old school, but I can say we are very happy with our choice. Alcott is great, the staff and students and I am very impressed with their academic accomplishments. I would definitely recommend Alcott to other families.

Teachers are great and create a great learning environment. A good neighborhood school that I am happy my kids attend.

This is my daughter's first year at Alcott. Her teacher is wonderful and the staff is very polite. My daughter also sees the school speech pathologist for her speech delay and I am very happy with the progress my daughter is making. So far I am very pleased with Alcott and will be sending my daughter back next year.

this is very good school. I am glad that my daugther attend here. they have a very good teachers and programs.

Nice, close knit school. Teachers have a personable relationship with both students and parents. I would recommmend this school to other parents.

Last modified Alcott School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.