Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 28, 2015
My son often told us of horrible things teachers, staff, and security would say to students. One security officer told a student that he should get ready to flip burgers for him because that's all he'd ever be able to do.

Bay View Middle and High School 2

Posted November 28, 2015
During 2011-2012 Very little discipline, but they had rules that didn't make sense. Bathrooms were rarely available. They were locked during passing time, but my son couldn't always get a hall pass during class. Lock downs were common. Certain experienced teachers really did try hard to make class a learning environment, but new teachers were often the norm and I think they were intimidated by the students. My son said classes were often disruptive and he could go entire days without instruction. He was bullied often. Eventually, we pulled him out to home school him just for his safety.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 14, 2015
Never get to see or be in the know of anything! No communication unless there is something wrongfull....except for one teacher who spoke to me confidentially

Bay View Middle and High School 2

Posted September 19, 2013
The math program sucks. They teach the kids to use calculators and when they get to college they can't do math by hand, which is what is required! Most of the testing is open book. It is way different from when I went to school and had to use my brain!

Bay View Middle and High School 3

Posted July 22, 2012
I attended BVHS in the late '90's. Back then, I loved attending Bay View. I was in the Navy JROTC program, Band, Track, Tennis, and the Business co-op program. I am disappointed to see the NJROTC program is no longer offered and to hear all of the negative comments about what Bay View has become. My graduating class had a lot of school pride/spirit and worked hard to achieve success. I enjoyed my time at BVHS and am proud to be an alumni, despite the reputation that the school has earned over the years.

Posted February 26, 2010
give a well thanks to Ms. KITROW the principle of they year.

Bay View Middle and High School 5

Posted May 06, 2009
it's a very nice school the students get involed in alot of activities and the kids there really do learn.

Posted October 02, 2008

Bay View Middle and High School 5

Posted April 28, 2008
Bay view is a really great school for those who come to school to learn!

Bay View Middle and High School 4

Posted October 09, 2006
Hello I'm a parent of a new student(2010) at Bay View I must say as of now, I'm really liking Bay View seeing that I have a first cousin too graduate and was involved in the law program and now is a Milwaukee detective and his high school sweet heart also of Bay View high school is a nurse practicer a step away from a doctor so I know and see how Good Bay View have/had taught them. It's what you put into your education to find what you get out of it at the end ,and as far as the teachers' I'm my daughter first teacher so I the parent taught her how to be a 'great student' for life not Bay View they're just adding on to what I've started. Thanks Bay View from a parent that cares about all not just mines.

2751 South Lenox Street, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Bay View Middle and High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.