Milwaukee, WI
Before care: Yes

Dover Street School 3

Posted January 30, 2013
My son has only been going to this school for two years in K3/K4. My son started here in Special Ed and speech therapy for transition issue, and consequently had a half days with Mrs. Pingitore for two years. She is, without a doubt, one of the most exception teachers I've known. Her curriculum is creative and thoughtful, and she is highly responsible for my being ahead of the curve in his regular K-4 class. If you are considering a school for younger Special Ed needs, you should give very strong consideration to this school.

Posted May 07, 2010
My daughter has been going to Dover since K3 and she loves it. The staff is fantastic !!

Dover Street School 4

Posted March 17, 2010
As an educator myself I take my childrens' education very seriously, Dover has excellent, dedicated teachers and community minded staff! They have gym, art and a school nurse. Not to mention a beautiful library. I am extremely pleased with my choice in Dover.

Dover Street School 4

Posted November 13, 2009
I am very satisfied with Dover Street School. They have excellent before and after school care, the staff is caring, and the building is lovely. The school is in a safe neighborhood, where I do not worry about them. The children come from very diverse backrounds. This school is all about inclusion. Every time I walk in Dover all the stafff know my name. Once a month the principal hosts a breakfast with the parents. The school also hosts a pinic before school starts for all the students and their families. I can not tell you home good it is to know that my child is in a safe place where people know me as a parent and value me!

Dover Street School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
My son has been at dover for three years and he love it there. The staff is great!

Posted February 02, 2009

Dover Street School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
I am very happy with the education my child has gotten at Dover St School. The teacher and assistants care about each and every child and it shows. I feel very welcome when I go into the office and am greeted by the ladies. Last year and this year there was talk of a merger with other south side schools. I have to say that neither ever went though and I am so happy that Dover is going to stay the wasy it is!

Dover Street School 2

Posted June 27, 2008
My daughter was at Dover and I transferred her to Humboldt Park. She too, had Ms. Pingitore; who is an awesome teacher and the kids do learn a lot! But it is what it is, basic instruction. My daughter was not challenged enough here and I pleaded with staff to change something. Said they would and never got around to it. Overall, Ms. Pingitore ROCKS but the school fails to meet MY expectations.

Posted April 10, 2008