Posted December 09, 2013
Excellent School, excellent Staff. Caring and dedicated teachers. Our daughter loves her school so much that she never wants to miss a day! We love the school because it is more than learning another language, it provides an integral education!

Posted December 06, 2013
We love our school. As a parent it is not as hard as you would think not knowing German. You just follow the instructions that they give and the kids really do just learn the English side of things. They learn in German first, then English. It just works. Our test scores prove it and they take those tests in English

Posted December 06, 2013
This school's test scores show it all. They learn in German and take the tests in English. Figure that one out. It just works. Regards to bullying as another parent posted. I have no idea. I had one incident where someone said something not nice to my son. I talked to the teacher and it was dealt with that day. I mean...no tolerance. I have dealt with the principal once on a matter and he was very responsive so I am not sure what that situation was but I am sure it was a "special" situation. My son requires some special security measures and the school has gone above and beyond to make sure my son is safe. I appreciate all they do.

Posted December 03, 2013
We have our two children at MGIS, and are very satisfied with our overall experience. The children are well cared for by ALL of the dedicated staff who encourage a love of learning. The parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged, and many oppurtunites from the PTA for family events. We love our MGIS!

Milwaukee German Immersion School 2

Posted October 10, 2013
Pull our child out last year due to bullying and issues with the teacher. Expressed our concern with the principal who did not return any of our communication regarding the issues. So glad we made the move. Very disappointed in the lack of responsiveness.

Posted March 14, 2011
My son completed K4- Grade 5 at MGIS and now my daughter is in Grade 2. We love MGIS! The teachers are great! They are kind and caring and the school feels like home. The student test scores are simply amazing. The soar head and shoulders above MPS, State and National averages + the students are bilingual! The programs such as family Fun Night; KinderKino; Rollerskating Night; MultiCultural Night; Christmas Bazaar and others make the school year fun! The German School program (MGIS + MSL) are supported through the German Immersion Foundation. The Foundation has an annual fundraiser dinner and auction which is a great deal of fun for the parents and supporters of the language program. The language program is rigorous and not for everyone. Our neighbors children needed to change to another school as their son and daughter were struggling. This is one thing parents need to know going in - it takes alot of parent involvement to help your children excel at MGIS. We have found that our language skills also improve. The school offers a basic parent language course for new parents and it helps. MGIS is another hidden jewel within MPS and has been a great success for over 25 years.

Posted February 21, 2011
My child is in her first year at MGIS and we love it. The teachers are very professional and compassionate, and the expectations of the student are high. I am so impressed with the test scores and the high parent involvement. There are always family activities or community events being held. My child not only will be bilingual, but is also experiencing the culture. I honestly cannot day enough good things about MGIS. I truly feel we have hit the lottery by finding this hidden gem.

Posted May 06, 2010
The staff is wonderful and my kindergartner is now bilingual. Truly a special school with great teachers, high parental involvement and a challenging curriculum. My son loves his school and so do I.

Milwaukee German Immersion School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
What an amazing education opportunity! This school is wonderful...a school with incredibly involved parents and PTA and teachers that are extremely committed to education and pouring the German language into our children. I couldn't speak any more highly of our school! Just phenominal!

Posted January 26, 2010

Milwaukee German Immersion School
3778 N 82nd St, Milwaukee, WI  53222
Last modified Milwaukee German Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee German Immersion School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 83 reviews.