Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I love this school! The teachers are phenomenal, the curriculum is outstanding, and the students are held to high standards!

The program is wonderful but the support is not there. my daughter struggled. there was no help. I tried and tried. No help. So focused on the German and nit picking everything she did. (she is a good kid and I get nothing but good reports everywhere else). It was one teacher we had the issue with but the support was not there when I asked for it from the principal.

This was the greatest school. I loved every second of being at MGIS. The teachers are amazing there and the school prepares you for everything. At this school you make friends for life. It gives all students a great language opportunity. I am so glad that my brothers and I were enrolled there. Thanks to this school and Milwaukee School of Languages, I have a chance to put my language skills to use in Germany for a year. This school is perfect.

I was nervous to enroll my oldest daughter in this school, mainly because of my lack of German knowledge. I am happy I didn't allow that to discourage our decision to send her here. MGIS has an amazing staff! The test scores are fantastic and this is exciting because the children learn in strictly German till second grade and are tested in English. I don't know how, but it works! I now have 2 children at MGIS and they are both THRIVING and excited to learn. The family involvement at MGIS is so great with a high participation rate for all of the school events. I can't say enough positive things about MGIS.

Excellent School, excellent Staff. Caring and dedicated teachers. Our daughter loves her school so much that she never wants to miss a day! We love the school because it is more than learning another language, it provides an integral education!

This school's test scores show it all. They learn in German and take the tests in English. Figure that one out. It just works. Regards to bullying as another parent posted. I have no idea. I had one incident where someone said something not nice to my son. I talked to the teacher and it was dealt with that day. I mean...no tolerance. I have dealt with the principal once on a matter and he was very responsive so I am not sure what that situation was but I am sure it was a "special" situation. My son requires some special security measures and the school has gone above and beyond to make sure my son is safe. I appreciate all they do.

We have our two children at MGIS, and are very satisfied with our overall experience. The children are well cared for by ALL of the dedicated staff who encourage a love of learning. The parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged, and many oppurtunites from the PTA for family events. We love our MGIS!

Pull our child out last year due to bullying and issues with the teacher. Expressed our concern with the principal who did not return any of our communication regarding the issues. So glad we made the move. Very disappointed in the lack of responsiveness.

My son completed K4- Grade 5 at MGIS and now my daughter is in Grade 2. We love MGIS! The teachers are great! They are kind and caring and the school feels like home. The student test scores are simply amazing. The soar head and shoulders above MPS, State and National averages + the students are bilingual! The programs such as family Fun Night; KinderKino; Rollerskating Night; MultiCultural Night; Christmas Bazaar and others make the school year fun! The German School program (MGIS + MSL) are supported through the German Immersion Foundation. The Foundation has an annual fundraiser dinner and auction which is a great deal of fun for the parents and supporters of the language program. The language program is rigorous and not for everyone. Our neighbors children needed to change to another school as their son and daughter were struggling. This is one thing parents need to know going in - it takes alot of parent involvement to help your children excel at MGIS. We have found that our language skills also improve. The school offers a basic parent language course for new parents and it helps. MGIS is another hidden jewel within MPS and has been a great success for over 25 years.

My child is in her first year at MGIS and we love it. The teachers are very professional and compassionate, and the expectations of the student are high. I am so impressed with the test scores and the high parent involvement. There are always family activities or community events being held. My child not only will be bilingual, but is also experiencing the culture. I honestly cannot day enough good things about MGIS. I truly feel we have hit the lottery by finding this hidden gem.

Last modified Milwaukee German Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.