Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teachers seem to have their "favorites". I don't recommend this school at all. That's why I took my child out

Overall, it has a family feel through the hallways and among the staff and students. My own children have been at Fairview since K4, and the oldest one completes Grade 8 this year! There is no other school they would like to attend- they love having their specials, participating in band, joining extra-curricular activities, and seeing their friends on a daily basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very dedicated and experienced teachers. And most importantly, they really CARE about the kids.

I love Fairview School! My son goes there. He's in 1st Grade. The teachers are all VERY helpful and dedicated and friendly. I highly recommend it. My son is Gifted and Talented and the teachers and other staff have gone way above and beyond making sure that he's challenged and happy. And all of the extra programs and activities that are available make it special. And the fact that it goes through 8th grade is really a plus! We toured a few other schools before deciding on Fairview. It just has this really happy, caring vibe about it. I just really can't say enough good things about it.

My two daughters attend Fairview and love it there. The Fairview staff are very caring and experienced. I appreciate the different experiences my kids have had at Fairview. One of my daughters went on a class trip to New York City last year. My 5th grader's class attended Starbase for 6 weeks and has a "walking classroom" where the kids listen to audio while they walk around the neighborhood for exercise. My girls have been involved in the cheerleading, Girl Scouts and forensics programs and there are a lot of other activities so all kids can find something to be involved in.

They have gotten worse over the years with staff, clubs, and overall operation.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

One of my children received intervention for reading at the beginning of the year and has since "graduated" out of the extra program for now with new confidence in his reading and better tools to use as he goes forward. We noticed the improvements at home with his reading as well.

The staff are outstanding and care about their students! The children are respectful in the hallways and there is a sense of calm and happiness in the building.

Despite the huge financial and political pressures Milwaukee's school district currently faces, Fairview School's staff has remained focused on the students and their success first. This shows in the school's excellent curricular and extra-curricular offerings, and in teachers' willingness to communicate and work with parents when problems arise. My son has thrived at Fairview, and I am truly grateful to the outstanding staff for their dedication to the cause of teaching our next generation.

The teachers are on point! The kids are happy and outgoing and have always been pleasant and polite when I enter the safe and vibrant building!!!!

Last modified Fairview School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.