Posted April 02, 2014
I am proud to tell people that we are an MPS family and I send my son to Fernwood. I'm excited to see how he is being challenged by this school environment and am thrilled with the knowledge that he has acquired. The school's test scores are outstanding. The curriculum is thought provoking and I believe that Fernwood is educating a generation of children to become thinkers. Creativity is seen throughout the school. After school activities includes everything from sports and scouting to yoga and pottery. An exceptional school overall!

Posted October 05, 2013
I have gone to fernwood Montessori school 11 years now and I have been there from the start sence k3 and I am an 8th grader now. I love fernwood thats why I have stayed so long. they use the the Montessori ways to teach the students there and I will admit it is not for all kids but its a nice learning environment. Fernwood is a great school great teachers nice and super intelligent kids. The kid that leave ferwood a the most amazing and so intelligent people now and I have to say it's a really great place to learn.

Fernwood Montessori School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
My kids have been going to this school for 10 years. The teachers are pretty good but over the years there has been a marked decline in teacher involvement and enthusiasm. There are some that you must steer away from, because they have a different idea of Montessori than what it actually is. Current administration is useless as was the last one. If your child is being bullied herre or sexually harrassed, as a parent you have to co to Central Office to make sure that any gets done. That being said those instances are much fewer than your typical school, and the education that your kids recieve is top notch. I haven't been to a school that i would rather have my kids attend. Be proactive and and advocate for your child and you won't have any problems.

Posted September 30, 2010
Montessori provides an excellent foundation that will provide the tools necessary to succeed in later on. My daughter went to a Montessori school prior to preschool and she was well-prepared for Kindergarten and first grade!

Posted October 23, 2009
Great teachers who really care about providing an education based on hands on learning, rather than teaching out of a text book. A very involved PTO as well. This is a great school in a district that has some trouble.

Posted October 23, 2009
My kids love going to school everyday! They have wonderful teachers.

Posted October 22, 2009
Fernwood is playing an amazing part in teaching my kids how to be good members of society. I love the independence that Fernwood teaches my kids.

Posted October 21, 2009
The teachers & staff are very supporting, as well as Fernwood parents. My child has excelled above & beyond in subjects where most children at that age are just average.

Posted October 21, 2009
The teachers really care about the students and we have lots of parent involvement!

Posted October 21, 2009
I love our greenhouse that teaches the kids about sustainability. I appreciate the fact that I can talk to the teachers whenever I want or need to...and they are happy to do so. Along with academics, Fernwood also puts an emphasis on physical health, art and personal enrichment. I feel that my children will leave this school as well rounded individuals who can move on to high school with a greater awareness of the world around them.

Fernwood Montessori School
3239 S Pennsylvania Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Fernwood Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fernwood Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.