Posted October 03, 2014
I'm in the eight grade this year at Golda, and I'm loving it! Our school gets free hot lunches which are delicious - You don't hear that often. The teachers are engaging, and our projects are fun. I've learned a lot within these 3 weeks already.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2014
I accepted a teaching position with Golda Meir School this year. I consider it a privilege to be working among these obviously dedicated and knowledgeable staff members. Principal Carter is clearly one of the top administrators in her field. In my 15 years of teaching experience, I have not met a more communicative and action-oriented administrator. The students and staff seem to truly respect her. Having worked in other MPS schools, I can report that these qualities, which she exhibits so expertly, is not the norm within MPS. Like with every school, parents/guardians need to find a school that best "fits" their needs. I have reviewed the data and Golda has regularly produced average grade- level scores that are much much higher than those of the more famous top performing high schools (keep in mind that Golda only went to the 8th grade last year). This school encourages abstract thinking and independent work. Students that are still developing skills/traits such as completing homework every night, asking for assistance when needed, respecting diverse opinions or successfully transferring in-class material to the community at-large... may struggle at first.
4 people found this helpful

Golda Meir School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I have been unimpressed with this school and its staff over the past few years. My child was removed and put in a new school due to the lack of teacher/parent communication and it is an eye opener. He is currently struggling academically to compete with the other children in his grade level. Coming from a school like "Golda" who was giving him good grades makes me wonder if Golda is simply another case of what was occurring in the Georgia area, pushing kids through to meet their standards so funding won't be reduced and they can maintain their "gifted and talented" mantra. Let's keep it real Golda, you're no longer the best of the best!
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 18, 2014
its definitely a school, thats for sure. :u its a school that tries to do a lot of stuff differently, and sometimes that can be a problem. generally the kids are full of personality, and ive met some of my best friends there. they also give you a lot of homework... sometimes the teachers gave us projects after projects and barely graded us on it, so thats a fault too. i guess its a good school? its not heavenly, but ive learned stuff and i havent succumbed to horrible depression yet. its definitely an eventful place, and some of the teachers are really cool! ...and dont be off-put by my typing, they definitely teach you proper english. :P

Posted July 01, 2014
Golda Meir School is overrated. I was a student there in 2014 in the 7th grade and left because of how the students act and how the administration treats the middle school like babies. The administration does not let us have independence which causes the students to act immaturely. At lunch half the time we were not allowed to talk or sit by our friends because the staff did not like the noise. Note that our lunch room was right next to the gym which caused all of the noise. We also were not allowed to get out of our seats for any reason. In the academic area, we were never informed of our grades until the report card. The report card is not your normal abcdf system, it is a standards based report card. IT SUCKS! You are being cheated out of your work and this report card will haunt you in the future! There also is no GPA so you really don"t know how well you do in anything. The elementary school is the best, but after 5th grade leave and go to a suburban school district or private school. Do not let the reputation fool you. The middle school is bad. The high school wont be an fun either. -Submitted by a Student
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 01, 2014

Posted May 30, 2014
Golda is such a great school learning wise and after school activity wise although i am not going to say it is a perfect school it has its flaws. Children are some what disrespectful and lacks personality. I will say Golda is molding children to be the perfect American which I will say is not as necessary because these are children. Also, Golda overwork the children and never really gives them a break. I hope my child will have an exceptional high school experience in the 2014-2015 school year. Also, if your child goes to the middle school they are automatically accepted into the high school. ~ Outside Viewer~
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 10, 2014
Golda Meir has not lived up to its expectations. The past 3 years have been a reocurring nightmare! I originally sent my child to this school on a teacher recommendation and decided to select it because of its blue ribbon status. However, it has been a great disappointment. The current principal is combative and non-responsive to parental needs. You're lucky to get her to respond to a simple email! The teachers rarely update parent assistant so there are times when you have no idea where your child is throughout the year. When you ask them directly, the answer is always FINE! What exactly does that mean? Emails to teachers often go unanswered or they take days or weeks to respond. There are absolutely too many children in the classroom and children with academic or behavioral issues seem to absorb all of their attention so other children are left behind or have no idea what to be proud of. The district needs to re-evaluate this school and their grading system as grades often aren't reflective of your childs progress or current status. In summary, this will be my childs last year at this school and I wouldn't recommend it to any prospective students.

Posted March 10, 2014
The elementary experience was great at Golda Meir, and I promise you will love it. I was breezing through the elementary years before I came to Golda, and their program changed the way I worked, in an involved way. Although... Since the expansion, the quality of learning has gone far down. They try to pack far too much into one day, leaving little time for kids to have any sort of break. The hot lunch is unacceptable. It is frozen in packets and then microwaved at the school (Often food is raw or frozen) The only break throughout the whole day is a ~20 minute lunch, and there are 7 (Hours) throughout the day. The hours are actually around 45 minutes each. This grading system would be fine if it couldn't be converted, and the staff lacked any sort of explination. I am glad they provide a Spanish course, I have been enjoying that. Their desision to no longer cut off students from the middleschool might have been where it all went wrong. Many of the students lack any respect. The staff is doing their best to change people's mindset and have a respectful schoolgrounds. I give them props for that. (The schoolgrounds is much better than most public schools in the area still)

Posted December 25, 2013
My child has consistently tested far above the national average for years, and is finally being challenged after being admitted to Golda.

Golda Meir School
1555 N Martin Luther King Dr, Milwaukee, WI  53212
Last modified Golda Meir School is a Public school that serves grades 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golda Meir School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top