Milwaukee, WI

Posted March 13, 2015
I honestly can say I LOVE this school and I LOVE my sons teacher Ms.Kaisler.....my son attended MPS in 2nd grade and we thought he was advanced only to come to Golda Meir and find out he is barely on his grade level....which was disappointing to say the least, but I have much respect for Ms Kaisler because not only was she honest she also had a solution/plan to help my son get where he needs to be. He is still not completely there, but his map scores have increased quite a bit....she is very encouraging and instead of just telling me what he doesnt know she gives me resources to help him. We need MORE teachers like her, this is what I miss in MPS, when I was a student, there were alot more teachers that wanted the child to prosper like her....Kudos Ms Kaisler and golda Meir for employing a wonderful teacher !!!!!

Posted March 12, 2015
I am a student at Golda Meir & I can honestly say Golda was not my first choice for a highschool. Honestly Golda Is great academically.... For a middle school. The high school makes alot of the kids uninterested in learning and kills all joy you have their ,when your middle school kids have more going for them than we high schoolers have. It doesnt feel like a highschool, you feel depressed knowing that other schools like King have so much going for themselves. The title gifted & talented has yet to show in any highschooler that attends there, with limited things to do, who can blame the kids for being creativily starved. The good side is that the teachers are honestly the best teachers i ever had in any mps, i fear that any other school teacher wouldnt put as much effort as they do here. So the question we highschoolers face is. Risk having fun for great education, or leave for something more developed and more fun, but possibilty of failing is there for both sides if we don't learn to take advantage of education. Yet understand we still strive for a great exexpirence as teens before its over.

Golda Meir School 2

Posted March 11, 2015
I don't get the hype. The school has not proven to be any better than the regular MPS school my child attended previously. In fact, teacher communication with parents is severely lacking to non-existent. Whereas my child's previous MPS school had a strong community, this school is totally disconnected. Good luck figuring out if your child is actually learning anything. Work is rarely sent home, and even then it doesn't contain a grade. The standards-based report card is a joke and half of the categories on it are not filled out (with no explanation). My child's teacher seems to have a laissez-faire attitude about her students and her teaching style seems to be "let them figure it out themselves." The students have no idea what is expected of them, as no clear guidelines or direction is given. My child brings home "worksheets" that have egregious spelling and grammar mistakes on them. I am very unhappy with this school and will be seeking out another school for next year. Maybe this school was once a great school, but that is no longer the case.

Posted February 17, 2015
I currently attend Golda Meir as the first freshmen class, and I have to say that Golda Meir is really not changeling. I do agree with other comments that they are treating us like we are middle school, this school is expected for us as freshmen to understand the concepts we are taught. I also agree with other comments that are given that 73% of people are failing and will not pass the 9th grade. There are only about 20 freshmen that had a 3.000 and above and that's pathetic. When coming into the Golda Meir, I taught it will be changeling. The middle school is great, but the high school is countuiously going down. Its not what I expected. There are 8th graders coming into high school courses and classes, like who does that. Also, many 8th graders who are high in academics are now learning that the high school is weakling and they are considering going to Rufus King, or the more higher up classes. I continue to try to make Golda Meir reputation the best, but I think Its what other people do. This is the first year of freshmen year and the beginning of a new high school. I honestly think that we can do better, and try to build this school, but its not easy. We can do better!

Golda Meir School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
I currently attend Golda Meir as a freshman, and although there is a great reputation, it is not that good of a school. I came into Golda thinking it was going to be a really good school, but within about two months I was proven wrong. I understand that the school sounds good, but as a student it isn't. I believe it's around 73% of students that are failing, and will not pass the ninth grade. That's terrible, especially for the title we're given. The staff, especially administration, treat us like they treat the middle school students. That's one reason for immature behavior. Students are also incredibly disrespectful, especially to teachers. This school has too many expectations that we're not going to meet. Another problem is that we have basically no classes or electives to choose from. I understand that it is a part of being the first freshman class, but that sort of ruins the high school experience for me. Due to what everyone else was saying about Golda Meir, I had such high expectations but this school is terrible. The middle school is fine, but the high school is not. I'm definitely looking into attending a different high school next year.

Posted October 03, 2014
I'm in the eight grade this year at Golda, and I'm loving it! Our school gets free hot lunches which are delicious - You don't hear that often. The teachers are engaging, and our projects are fun. I've learned a lot within these 3 weeks already.

Posted September 15, 2014
I accepted a teaching position with Golda Meir School this year. I consider it a privilege to be working among these obviously dedicated and knowledgeable staff members. Principal Carter is clearly one of the top administrators in her field. In my 15 years of teaching experience, I have not met a more communicative and action-oriented administrator. The students and staff seem to truly respect her. Having worked in other MPS schools, I can report that these qualities, which she exhibits so expertly, is not the norm within MPS. Like with every school, parents/guardians need to find a school that best "fits" their needs. I have reviewed the data and Golda has regularly produced average grade- level scores that are much much higher than those of the more famous top performing high schools (keep in mind that Golda only went to the 8th grade last year). This school encourages abstract thinking and independent work. Students that are still developing skills/traits such as completing homework every night, asking for assistance when needed, respecting diverse opinions or successfully transferring in-class material to the community at-large... may struggle at first.

Golda Meir School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I have been unimpressed with this school and its staff over the past few years. My child was removed and put in a new school due to the lack of teacher/parent communication and it is an eye opener. He is currently struggling academically to compete with the other children in his grade level. Coming from a school like "Golda" who was giving him good grades makes me wonder if Golda is simply another case of what was occurring in the Georgia area, pushing kids through to meet their standards so funding won't be reduced and they can maintain their "gifted and talented" mantra. Let's keep it real Golda, you're no longer the best of the best!

Posted August 18, 2014
its definitely a school, thats for sure. :u its a school that tries to do a lot of stuff differently, and sometimes that can be a problem. generally the kids are full of personality, and ive met some of my best friends there. they also give you a lot of homework... sometimes the teachers gave us projects after projects and barely graded us on it, so thats a fault too. i guess its a good school? its not heavenly, but ive learned stuff and i havent succumbed to horrible depression yet. its definitely an eventful place, and some of the teachers are really cool! ...and dont be off-put by my typing, they definitely teach you proper english. :P

Posted July 01, 2014
Golda Meir School is overrated. I was a student there in 2014 in the 7th grade and left because of how the students act and how the administration treats the middle school like babies. The administration does not let us have independence which causes the students to act immaturely. At lunch half the time we were not allowed to talk or sit by our friends because the staff did not like the noise. Note that our lunch room was right next to the gym which caused all of the noise. We also were not allowed to get out of our seats for any reason. In the academic area, we were never informed of our grades until the report card. The report card is not your normal abcdf system, it is a standards based report card. IT SUCKS! You are being cheated out of your work and this report card will haunt you in the future! There also is no GPA so you really don"t know how well you do in anything. The elementary school is the best, but after 5th grade leave and go to a suburban school district or private school. Do not let the reputation fool you. The middle school is bad. The high school wont be an fun either. -Submitted by a Student

Golda Meir School
1555 North Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Drive, Milwaukee, WI  53212
Last modified Golda Meir School is a Public school that serves grades 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golda Meir School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top