Posted July 01, 2014
Golda Meir School is overrated. I was a student there in 2014 in the 7th grade and left because of how the students act and how the administration treats the middle school like babies. The administration does not let us have independence which causes the students to act immaturely. At lunch half the time we were not allowed to talk or sit by our friends because the staff did not like the noise. Note that our lunch room was right next to the gym which caused all of the noise. We also were not allowed to get out of our seats for any reason. In the academic area, we were never informed of our grades until the report card. The report card is not your normal abcdf system, it is a standards based report card. IT SUCKS! You are being cheated out of your work and this report card will haunt you in the future! There also is no GPA so you really don"t know how well you do in anything. The elementary school is the best, but after 5th grade leave and go to a suburban school district or private school. Do not let the reputation fool you. The middle school is bad. The high school wont be an fun either. -Submitted by a Student

Posted July 01, 2014

Posted May 30, 2014
Golda is such a great school learning wise and after school activity wise although i am not going to say it is a perfect school it has its flaws. Children are some what disrespectful and lacks personality. I will say Golda is molding children to be the perfect American which I will say is not as necessary because these are children. Also, Golda overwork the children and never really gives them a break. I hope my child will have an exceptional high school experience in the 2014-2015 school year. Also, if your child goes to the middle school they are automatically accepted into the high school. ~ Outside Viewer~

Posted April 10, 2014
Golda Meir has not lived up to its expectations. The past 3 years have been a reocurring nightmare! I originally sent my child to this school on a teacher recommendation and decided to select it because of its blue ribbon status. However, it has been a great disappointment. The current principal is combative and non-responsive to parental needs. You're lucky to get her to respond to a simple email! The teachers rarely update parent assistant so there are times when you have no idea where your child is throughout the year. When you ask them directly, the answer is always FINE! What exactly does that mean? Emails to teachers often go unanswered or they take days or weeks to respond. There are absolutely too many children in the classroom and children with academic or behavioral issues seem to absorb all of their attention so other children are left behind or have no idea what to be proud of. The district needs to re-evaluate this school and their grading system as grades often aren't reflective of your childs progress or current status. In summary, this will be my childs last year at this school and I wouldn't recommend it to any prospective students.

Posted March 10, 2014
The elementary experience was great at Golda Meir, and I promise you will love it. I was breezing through the elementary years before I came to Golda, and their program changed the way I worked, in an involved way. Although... Since the expansion, the quality of learning has gone far down. They try to pack far too much into one day, leaving little time for kids to have any sort of break. The hot lunch is unacceptable. It is frozen in packets and then microwaved at the school (Often food is raw or frozen) The only break throughout the whole day is a ~20 minute lunch, and there are 7 (Hours) throughout the day. The hours are actually around 45 minutes each. This grading system would be fine if it couldn't be converted, and the staff lacked any sort of explination. I am glad they provide a Spanish course, I have been enjoying that. Their desision to no longer cut off students from the middleschool might have been where it all went wrong. Many of the students lack any respect. The staff is doing their best to change people's mindset and have a respectful schoolgrounds. I give them props for that. (The schoolgrounds is much better than most public schools in the area still)

Posted December 25, 2013
My child has consistently tested far above the national average for years, and is finally being challenged after being admitted to Golda.

Posted October 05, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Golda, and she loves it. She is happy to be surrounded by children who want to learn, and has started making new friends quickly. In her last school, she was bored and unmotivated. Now she is very motivated to do the extra work in order to earn the wonderful rewards only available at this school. She believes in the "Golda Way", and that's all that matters. You know a school is great when your child goes from being unchallenged and miserable somewhere else to loving school. Finally, she is being challenged and is working at the level appropriate for her abilities.

Posted May 20, 2013
I think the enrollment process is questionable. My child have been there for three years and over half of the students parents are MPS teachers or principals. The school is not what I thought it was going to be when I worked to hard to get my child in. The classes have 32 kids in them so the bad kids get all the attention.

Posted June 14, 2011
My daughter currently attend this school. The administration team, staff and student teachers are very caring and want the best for their students. It is a fairy difficult process of getting your child into the school. I had a principal recommendation ; 2 teacher recommendations; a school psychologist i.q test done; WKCE/WSAS submitted; application, writing sample submitted and a child/parent interview was conducted. The environment is unlike any other school I have been too. Nearly all the students want to learn; their parents want their children to learn; and they are supportive of their children and school. Keep up the great job!

Posted April 20, 2011
At Golda, you find an awesome trio of dedicated administrators, faculty and students as it relates to academics and extracurricular activities. Parents are given numerous opportunities to be involved. A great sense of community and teamwork is instilled in students. My family is very proud to be part of such a great school!

Golda Meir School
1555 N Martin Luther King Dr, Milwaukee, WI  53212
Last modified Golda Meir School is a Public school that serves grades 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golda Meir School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.