Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Golda Meir has made big improvements in its high school program in the last three years. The students now have more opportunities, more positive attitudes, and generally better grades. Golda Meir is on its way to becoming the best high school in Milwaukee.

Golda provides a challenging yet nurturing environment for my children. They have excelled academically and artistically at this school and I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

The teachers and administration staff are awesome! Ms. Carter, the Principal is wonderful! You will find her every morning, standing outside, welcoming students, even in the bitter cold. I appreciate her commitment to the students and families at Golda and for making Golda a place that values and strives for academic excellence! EVERY teacher my daughter has had since she has been at Golda have always shown desire to partner with me in making sure that my daughter’s academic needs and goals were met. When it comes to course electives and extracurricular activities, the options are endless. Administration has done a beyond than excellent job in establishing strong partnership with the all local museums, theaters and other community art, math and science programs. I remain impressed with the number of field trips and other experiences our students get to participate in during the year. In the fourth grade, students are able to go to on a week trip to the Grand Canyon or Denmark! Most importantly, the staff and leadership team are dedicated to making sure that while students are being challenged, their love of learning continues to grow.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The majority of the teachers are not qualified to perform the jobs they have. They don't respect and value the students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It is too much homework that is not of a good quality. The projects have no value or meaning to a true academic lesson.

The school was great until Ms. Carter became principal. None of the teachers are qualified to teach, value and respect the students but Ms. Kaisler. After Ms. Kaisler, one would need to find another school quickly before middle school. Teachers are not your friends, they should set a high expectation academically for the students and they make their classroom a welcoming experience to want to learn. That is only a couple of many characteristics they should possess. The teachers don't respect the students that want to learn, instead they tear down and damage the students allowing chaos that they create to ensue. Yes, they provide the perception that they care, but realistically they talk behind the parents back and really don't protect the student at all. They show favoritism to certain students, condoning bad behavior but since that is what Ms. Carter allows, the teachers enjoy doing it. I will not recommend anyone else to the school until Ms. Carter is gone. As long as she is there, she hires unqualified teachers that try to be your friend instead of teaching the class as they should. Ms. Carter continues to allow the teachers to let good students be bullied and doesn't do anything about it because she values the "schools reputation" instead of a safe, quality education.

I honestly can say I LOVE this school and I LOVE my sons teacher Ms.Kaisler.....my son attended MPS in 2nd grade and we thought he was advanced only to come to Golda Meir and find out he is barely on his grade level....which was disappointing to say the least, but I have much respect for Ms Kaisler because not only was she honest she also had a solution/plan to help my son get where he needs to be. He is still not completely there, but his map scores have increased quite a bit....she is very encouraging and instead of just telling me what he doesnt know she gives me resources to help him. We need MORE teachers like her, this is what I miss in MPS, when I was a student, there were alot more teachers that wanted the child to prosper like her....Kudos Ms Kaisler and golda Meir for employing a wonderful teacher !!!!!

I am a student at Golda Meir & I can honestly say Golda was not my first choice for a highschool. Honestly Golda Is great academically.... For a middle school. The high school makes alot of the kids uninterested in learning and kills all joy you have their ,when your middle school kids have more going for them than we high schoolers have. It doesnt feel like a highschool, you feel depressed knowing that other schools like King have so much going for themselves. The title gifted & talented has yet to show in any highschooler that attends there, with limited things to do, who can blame the kids for being creativily starved. The good side is that the teachers are honestly the best teachers i ever had in any mps, i fear that any other school teacher wouldnt put as much effort as they do here. So the question we highschoolers face is. Risk having fun for great education, or leave for something more developed and more fun, but possibilty of failing is there for both sides if we don't learn to take advantage of education. Yet understand we still strive for a great exexpirence as teens before its over.

I don't get the hype. The school has not proven to be any better than the regular MPS school my child attended previously. In fact, teacher communication with parents is severely lacking to non-existent. Whereas my child's previous MPS school had a strong community, this school is totally disconnected. Good luck figuring out if your child is actually learning anything. Work is rarely sent home, and even then it doesn't contain a grade. The standards-based report card is a joke and half of the categories on it are not filled out (with no explanation). My child's teacher seems to have a laissez-faire attitude about her students and her teaching style seems to be "let them figure it out themselves." The students have no idea what is expected of them, as no clear guidelines or direction is given. My child brings home "worksheets" that have egregious spelling and grammar mistakes on them. I am very unhappy with this school and will be seeking out another school for next year. Maybe this school was once a great school, but that is no longer the case.

I currently attend Golda Meir as the first freshmen class, and I have to say that Golda Meir is really not changeling. I do agree with other comments that they are treating us like we are middle school, this school is expected for us as freshmen to understand the concepts we are taught. I also agree with other comments that are given that 73% of people are failing and will not pass the 9th grade. There are only about 20 freshmen that had a 3.000 and above and that's pathetic. When coming into the Golda Meir, I taught it will be changeling. The middle school is great, but the high school is countuiously going down. Its not what I expected. There are 8th graders coming into high school courses and classes, like who does that. Also, many 8th graders who are high in academics are now learning that the high school is weakling and they are considering going to Rufus King, or the more higher up classes. I continue to try to make Golda Meir reputation the best, but I think Its what other people do. This is the first year of freshmen year and the beginning of a new high school. I honestly think that we can do better, and try to build this school, but its not easy. We can do better!

Last modified Golda Meir School is a Public school that serves grades 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.