Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=1555+n+martin+luther+king+dr,milwaukee,wi+53212&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=8pqnu8xz6mcuapieetcwwk3ww_k=

Golda Meir School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Golda Meir School 5516256 3

Posted April 10, 2014
Golda Meir has not lived up to its expectations. The past 3 years have been a reocurring nightmare! I originally sent my child to this school on a teacher recommendation and decided to select it because of its blue ribbon status. However, it has been a great disappointment. The current principal is combative and non-responsive to parental needs. You're lucky to get her to respond to a simple email! The teachers rarely update parent assistant so there are times when you have no idea where your child is throughout the year. When you ask them directly, the answer is always FINE! What exactly does that mean? Emails to teachers often go unanswered or they take days or weeks to respond. There are absolutely too many children in the classroom and children with academic or behavioral issues seem to absorb all of their attention so other children are left behind or have no idea what to be proud of. The district needs to re-evaluate this school and their grading system as grades often aren't reflective of your childs progress or current status. In summary, this will be my childs last year at this school and I wouldn't recommend it to any prospective students.

Golda Meir School 5476967 3

Posted March 10, 2014
The elementary experience was great at Golda Meir, and I promise you will love it. I was breezing through the elementary years before I came to Golda, and their program changed the way I worked, in an involved way. Although... Since the expansion, the quality of learning has gone far down. They try to pack far too much into one day, leaving little time for kids to have any sort of break. The hot lunch is unacceptable. It is frozen in packets and then microwaved at the school (Often food is raw or frozen) The only break throughout the whole day is a ~20 minute lunch, and there are 7 (Hours) throughout the day. The hours are actually around 45 minutes each. This grading system would be fine if it couldn't be converted, and the staff lacked any sort of explination. I am glad they provide a Spanish course, I have been enjoying that. Their desision to no longer cut off students from the middleschool might have been where it all went wrong. Many of the students lack any respect. The staff is doing their best to change people's mindset and have a respectful schoolgrounds. I give them props for that. (The schoolgrounds is much better than most public schools in the area still)

Golda Meir School 5351917 5

Posted December 25, 2013
My child has consistently tested far above the national average for years, and is finally being challenged after being admitted to Golda.

Golda Meir School 4982093 5

Posted October 05, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Golda, and she loves it. She is happy to be surrounded by children who want to learn, and has started making new friends quickly. In her last school, she was bored and unmotivated. Now she is very motivated to do the extra work in order to earn the wonderful rewards only available at this school. She believes in the "Golda Way", and that's all that matters. You know a school is great when your child goes from being unchallenged and miserable somewhere else to loving school. Finally, she is being challenged and is working at the level appropriate for her abilities.

Golda Meir School 3556011 3

Posted May 20, 2013
I think the enrollment process is questionable. My child have been there for three years and over half of the students parents are MPS teachers or principals. The school is not what I thought it was going to be when I worked to hard to get my child in. The classes have 32 kids in them so the bad kids get all the attention.

Golda Meir School 4568278 5

Posted June 14, 2011
My daughter currently attend this school. The administration team, staff and student teachers are very caring and want the best for their students. It is a fairy difficult process of getting your child into the school. I had a principal recommendation ; 2 teacher recommendations; a school psychologist i.q test done; WKCE/WSAS submitted; application, writing sample submitted and a child/parent interview was conducted. The environment is unlike any other school I have been too. Nearly all the students want to learn; their parents want their children to learn; and they are supportive of their children and school. Keep up the great job!

Golda Meir School 3169536 5

Posted April 20, 2011
At Golda, you find an awesome trio of dedicated administrators, faculty and students as it relates to academics and extracurricular activities. Parents are given numerous opportunities to be involved. A great sense of community and teamwork is instilled in students. My family is very proud to be part of such a great school!

Golda Meir School 4462725 5

Posted February 17, 2011
Golda Meir is an excellent school! I believe it is one of the best schools (both public and private) in Milwaukee. Students are challenged with curriculum and encouraged to be critical thinkers. The school encourages creativity in all aspects. I really enjoyed the winter program in December. The teachers are dedicated and professional. (*please note that I actually spelled really and dedicated correctly-unlike the parent comment from September 20th.) I could not imagine sending my son to a different school!

Golda Meir School 3449080 5

Posted February 10, 2011
I found out about this school before I thought about having kids. I now have my daughter there (7thgr.), my soon to be 3rd grader will be attending and when my 4y/o is of age he will be attending. This school staff is so well equipped and involved that the only way your child will do poorly is if you are not involved. This is definitely a parent involvement school w/alot of projects and trips.

Golda Meir School 4324660 3

Posted September 20, 2010
Golda Meir is no longer the best of the best. It is now whos who in Milwaukee (parents). Adding Middle school wasn't the best idea. Now siblings that don't qualify are there and bring the school down. The kids that realy should be there for Middle school aren't because the siblings come first. In my son's grade alone there were 25 kids that I knew of that had a sibling in a lower grade or higher. When you have a class of 30 that doesn't leave much room. Even increasing to 60 students per grade for middle school didn't realy help. 3-5 is an excellent program, Middle has a way to go. Wished we had gone a different route for Middle school but at the time we thought this was the best place. The staff tries hard and are dedectated but the turn over is way to high for a "gem"

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Golda Meir School
1555 N Martin Luther King Dr, Milwaukee, WI  53212
Golda Meir School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.