Posted October 30, 2013
This is a great school located on the uwm campus. great atmosphere, staff and students!

Posted October 27, 2013
This school is great . Mr. Eric sullivan is best principal in Milwaukee Public Schools.

Posted October 07, 2013
This school prepares leaders for tomorrow! Excellent staff who instill the best in the youth! I have 2 graduates of Hartford and 3 currently attending.

Posted July 25, 2013
The teachers at Hartford elementary school are awesome. They have approximately 35 or more children in a class and they do an outstanding job teaching. Every time I stopped by the class was attentive and engaged. My daughter came from Kyrene de la Estrella Elementary school in Ahwatukee, AZ. This school was rated a 9 out of 10 by great school. The location and school was nice, staff was professional, friendly and on point. The teachers were educated and some of them were awesome. My child struggled with their reading program that excelled at teaching sounds and pronunciation but used artificial words to do so which confused my child and she struggled advancing past k3 reading level, in k5 to beginning of 1st grade. She never attended daycare or preschool. Well we went to Hartford in the fall of 1st grade and with their reading program which is tied into UWM; she excelled and by the 2nd semester was reading at grade level, testing at 80% and above. Yes Hartford administration is not as informative, but they do what they can with the funding they receive and that's focus on your child's safety and education. Estrella is in a wealthy area and receives outside funding!

Hartford Avenue University School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
I have volunteered many times and love the creative ways teachers use to work with different ability students. I think parents need to hold their children more accountable so teachers can focus on instruction rather than behavior.

Hartford Avenue University School 2

Posted May 18, 2013
this school is not the most helpful school for my child. this school brings a frown to my face

Posted November 22, 2011
I absolutely love this school my son graduated with High Honors and was accepted into a Great HS! My girls now attend this school and the thing I love abt this school is that the teachers honestly will go the xtra mile to make sure these children get it. All may not be able to understand as at any school but the children have a great support system at this school. If the kids are failing get to the root of the problem & stp the blame game. A school's education is what you put into it as a whole and all have to work together on making sure the child is up to part. These test scores is only a small percentage as to what this school has to offer these children. Their work with the Universities alone sets volumes. My children continues to climb the ladder of success and growth within this school. I am a proud HUS parent! Support the dream and become a productive part of your kid's education and get involved not only in your child's school choice but also in helping to make a difference in the school as a whole. Your opinions and assistance can help build this school into n overall success. Dont give up on MPS, the foundation of it all!

Hartford Avenue University School 1

Posted March 15, 2010
I have experienced lack of communication. The curriculum is very inconsistent with my 2 boys. Some teachers really communicate well and there are some that do not.

Posted February 10, 2010
I can't imagine a more caring, involved, supportive educational experience! Hartford University School pricipal, teachers, staff and parents work hard, but successfully, to keep a rich environment of interesting learning, hands-on experiences, arts of all kinds, and, a strong sense of respect and community at our school.

Posted October 09, 2009

Contact Information

2227 E Hartford Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211

School website

Hartford Avenue University School
2227 E Hartford Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53211
Last modified Hartford Avenue University School is a public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hartford Avenue University School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.