Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

As a parent of a child in 3rd grade that is quite advanced, I feel that more work should be sent home that's a bit more challenging.

Overall, Hawley is a good school. I just wish that all of the classes were equally equipped with books.

The first time I took a tour at Hawley, I knew it was the right school for my son. The staff are very patient especially with my son! The homework and art work he does is amazing. I wish I was young enough to go to Hawley!

Hawley is a GREAT school. It has a caring staff and a wonderful environment. My child has special education needs. However, she has never felt singled out or "different" from her peers. The teachers go the extra mile to make every child feel special. Their standard of excellence is second to none. The special ed teacher Mr. Delaney has a heart of gold! He has made my experience at Hawley one I will never forget. Ms. Zylstra is a great 5th grade teacher who sincerely cares for her students. Hawley rocks!

Hawley Environmental School is a gem in the Milwaukee Public Schools. The school has welcoming, diverse student body. The schools continues to focus on excellence in education beginning with an all day K4 program. New this year, Hawley has partnered with the Urban Ecology Center to provide outdoor experiential learning opportunities for the students. The students love learning about nature in their neighborhood park! Also new, all students receive weekly instruction in Mandarin Chinese by a native speaker through a partnership with Cricket Academy. Hawley is currently a candidate school for IB accreditation in the Primary Years Program. Every classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard for dynamic 21st century instruction. Multi-age Global Classes are wildly successful at building leadership, cooperation and community amongst the students through fun and engaging topics! If your goal is to develop a globally minded, environmentally focused learner and leader, then Hawley Environmental School wants you! Enroll today for Fall 2012.

I love Hawley School. This is the most caring and dedicated school I have every been a part of. I am a Social Worker and has had the chance to observe many schools. I have a child in the 2nd grade here and already have plans for my 2yr old to attend K-4 here at Hawley. I want to give a great big Thank You to principal Stavens, you really are the heart of the school and keep it structured and going. :-)

We have incredibly talented, dedicated teachers and a wonderfully diverse school community!

The faculty at Hawley are all very caring and energetic to change lives. And we love that they are an environmental school

The staff is really good and they care about the students.

Because it is dedicated to the education of the children and because my grandson is one of the dedicated teacher who works there.

Last modified Hawley Environmental School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.