Hawley Environmental School 4

Posted February 04, 2014
The first time I took a tour at Hawley, I knew it was the right school for my son. The staff are very patient especially with my son! The homework and art work he does is amazing. I wish I was young enough to go to Hawley!

Posted October 03, 2013
Hawley is a GREAT school. It has a caring staff and a wonderful environment. My child has special education needs. However, she has never felt singled out or "different" from her peers. The teachers go the extra mile to make every child feel special. Their standard of excellence is second to none. The special ed teacher Mr. Delaney has a heart of gold! He has made my experience at Hawley one I will never forget. Ms. Zylstra is a great 5th grade teacher who sincerely cares for her students. Hawley rocks!

Posted March 17, 2012
Hawley Environmental School is a gem in the Milwaukee Public Schools. The school has welcoming, diverse student body. The schools continues to focus on excellence in education beginning with an all day K4 program. New this year, Hawley has partnered with the Urban Ecology Center to provide outdoor experiential learning opportunities for the students. The students love learning about nature in their neighborhood park! Also new, all students receive weekly instruction in Mandarin Chinese by a native speaker through a partnership with Cricket Academy. Hawley is currently a candidate school for IB accreditation in the Primary Years Program. Every classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard for dynamic 21st century instruction. Multi-age Global Classes are wildly successful at building leadership, cooperation and community amongst the students through fun and engaging topics! If your goal is to develop a globally minded, environmentally focused learner and leader, then Hawley Environmental School wants you! Enroll today for Fall 2012.

Posted November 14, 2009
I love Hawley School. This is the most caring and dedicated school I have every been a part of. I am a Social Worker and has had the chance to observe many schools. I have a child in the 2nd grade here and already have plans for my 2yr old to attend K-4 here at Hawley. I want to give a great big Thank You to principal Stavens, you really are the heart of the school and keep it structured and going. :-)

Posted November 07, 2009
We have incredibly talented, dedicated teachers and a wonderfully diverse school community!

Posted November 07, 2009
The faculty at Hawley are all very caring and energetic to change lives. And we love that they are an environmental school

Posted November 07, 2009
The staff is really good and they care about the students.

Posted November 07, 2009
Because it is dedicated to the education of the children and because my grandson is one of the dedicated teacher who works there.

Posted November 06, 2009
The staff rocks! The whole school rocks!

Posted November 06, 2009
The faculty and staff at Hawley are amazing! They work hard at fulfilling Hawley's mission and helping our kids succeed. Hawley is a school that I am proud to say my child attends!

Hawley Environmental School
5610 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53213
Last modified Hawley Environmental School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawley Environmental School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews.