Bad
Good

Hawthorne Elementary school is very new for me and my son, but overall this is the best school in Milwaukee. All the other public schools doesn't have the loving experiences that every child needs from their teachers. My son experiences and as well as my own has been very touching to me, my son loves school and I make it my best to make sure that he is there everyday. The Hawthorne Family is and will always be number one in my heart, and I thank God that I have found a school like this. I am hoping that we as parents can help our children grow in this program and start a charity for our loving students and staff. I am welling to help with any resources that I can find.

I have 1 child/daughter (3rd) grader that attends this school and it is the best choice I've ever made concerning elementary schools. The school has a very pleasant and inviting atmosphere. My daughter enjoys this school so much. The staff is very friendly and the open door policy is unbeatable. Im currently looking to purchase a home or even rent a home just to stay in the school district!!

I am a parent of a second grader at Hawthorne Elementary. My child has been at this school since K4. I have found over the years that they have some terrific teachers. They are teachers who care about our children and want them to succeed. The principle is doing a great job. It has been a long time since I've seen a principle that actually interacts with the students one on one. She is open and available for communication with parents. I feel that if I had a problem or a suggestion I could go to her and discuss it. Overall it has been and hopeful will continue to be a great learning environment for my child.

I'm a new parent there and the school has been great. Caring, professional teachers are really concerned about my childern's progress. They have great sports teams and after school activities.

Last modified Hawthorne School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.