Milwaukee, WI

Posted September 16, 2014
My son just started here a few weeks ago as a K4 and I'm already very impressed with what I've seen. The communication from the school is excellent and they are doing all the right things to foster a strong parent community. The parent organizations seem to be well organized and making a very real contribution to the school. The school's principal and teachers seem dedicated to following the true Montessori methodology. From everything that I've read, and now seen, I'm really impressed with the Montessori method and feel that it's an excellent fit for my son. The environment seems every bit as calm and peaceful as one would expect in a Montessori classroom.

Posted April 02, 2014
I love the culture and climate at our school, which is also one of the best schools in the city, with some of the best teachers and extremely engaged families.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is an incredible school with dedicated Montessori teachers. The families are wonderful and the community works together to really get things done. The only issue I have is the principal. I believe in Montessori education. That's why I chose to become a part of this community. Although the principal has a background in teaching Montessori, I believe his is taking the school in a very traditional direction. We want our children to be well-rounded, I don't see the principal supporting that.

Posted June 10, 2013
This school is a great enviroment. We have so many caring volenteers and staff that help with everything. We have a few special needs kids, and they do great at this school. There is always help for them, and tutoring for anyone. There are many gifted students at mam and the teachers are amazing. They take care of the students, and are always there for the well being of everyone. They sometimes feel more like friends than teachers, because you feel like you can talk about alot of things with them. The teachers here work so hard and we, students learn alot. Homework is reasonable, not to little, not to much. We work hard here, and it feels like one big family. We get to socalize with friends while working, and have alot of freedom well earned. Thought there is alot of challenging work, we are well prepared for it all! Though this school has a lot, there are some things I would like to see more of. I would like more options for lunches, and mabye more of a variety of programs. (Such as sports, music, acting, art, etc etc) Over all I love this school and have been it my whole life!

Posted May 03, 2013
We love this school. The teachers, principal, and parents make a caring, responsive community. My two sons are thriving in this environment. My one son has some small special needs, and the school has been terrific in helping him.

Posted December 21, 2008
I have two children at Maryland Avenue Montessori school. I am also a former staff member. It has been a great environment for my children. I would recommend parents visit and see if this school is a great fit for your family too.

Maryland Avenue Montessori School 0

Posted June 28, 2007
I have 2 children at Maryland and they are thriving. The teachers are top notch and the principal is great. There are lots of chances to be involved in the school and lots of parents and community members can be found working with children or working in or around the school and grounds. This is a school full of love. The children can be children here and have a happy, healthy school experience.

Posted June 18, 2007
I love this school! It has been a great place for my son, and my daughter starts there in the fall. Superior teaching staff and educational model.

Posted May 20, 2007
Maryland Ave. is a wonderful school. I am a teacher there and unfortunately this will be my last year here because of the ending of the traditional teaching program. Teaching at Maryland Ave has been such a wonderful experience for me that it has motivated me to seek montessori educational training so that I can come back to this school and teach here again.

Posted March 01, 2005
The school is located on the East side of the city near the University and several hospitals. It is a beautiful location and accessible. We are pleased with and excited by the academic progress of our son since beginning Maryland Avenue's Montessori program (fall of 2004). The classrooms are warm and inviting and every experience I have had with any staff member has been wonderful. My husband and I really vacillated on sending our son to an MPS school- now we are struggling with what to do if we decide to move out of the district boundaries. We highly recommend Maryland Avenue and have nothing but exceptional views of this school!

Maryland Avenue Montessori School
2418 N Maryland Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53211
Last modified Maryland Avenue Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maryland Avenue Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top