Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2016
As a parent, the one thing that strikes me when I walk into Maryland Avenue Montssori is the peacefulness of the school environment. Students hold the door for each other and make eye contact with you when speaking. The Montessori pedagogy teaches to the whole child, not just the academic self and you will see that reflected in the student population.

Posted May 26, 2016
Maryland Avenue Montessori (MAM) is a gem within The Milwaukee Public Schools. The teachers, parents and students are highly engaged and it makes for a great learning environment developing students who a life-long learners and critical thinkers. MAM has partnerships with Urban Ecology Center and Danceworks and participates in programs offered through First Stage and Discovery World. The older students take advantage of the urban location by planning learning trips to local businesses and museums to supplement their education. All students utilize and learn from the beautiful rain garden on the south end of campus. This school is expanding its footprint to accommodate the existing K3 through 8th grade student population, but is landlocked and not able to grow its enrollment to much over 400. Applications for K3 should be filed within the first few days of the 3-choice period. If you are considering this school, come tour the school and you will understand why there is a wait list every year.

Posted February 04, 2015
I am amazed how much my grandson is learning at Maryland Avenue Montessori. At just six years of age he is reading and loves math. Good job teachers.

Posted September 16, 2014
My son just started here a few weeks ago as a K4 and I'm already very impressed with what I've seen. The communication from the school is excellent and they are doing all the right things to foster a strong parent community. The parent organizations seem to be well organized and making a very real contribution to the school. The school's principal and teachers seem dedicated to following the true Montessori methodology. From everything that I've read, and now seen, I'm really impressed with the Montessori method and feel that it's an excellent fit for my son. The environment seems every bit as calm and peaceful as one would expect in a Montessori classroom.

Posted April 02, 2014
I love the culture and climate at our school, which is also one of the best schools in the city, with some of the best teachers and extremely engaged families.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is an incredible school with dedicated Montessori teachers. The families are wonderful and the community works together to really get things done. The only issue I have is the principal. I believe in Montessori education. That's why I chose to become a part of this community. Although the principal has a background in teaching Montessori, I believe his is taking the school in a very traditional direction. We want our children to be well-rounded, I don't see the principal supporting that.

Posted June 10, 2013
This school is a great enviroment. We have so many caring volenteers and staff that help with everything. We have a few special needs kids, and they do great at this school. There is always help for them, and tutoring for anyone. There are many gifted students at mam and the teachers are amazing. They take care of the students, and are always there for the well being of everyone. They sometimes feel more like friends than teachers, because you feel like you can talk about alot of things with them. The teachers here work so hard and we, students learn alot. Homework is reasonable, not to little, not to much. We work hard here, and it feels like one big family. We get to socalize with friends while working, and have alot of freedom well earned. Thought there is alot of challenging work, we are well prepared for it all! Though this school has a lot, there are some things I would like to see more of. I would like more options for lunches, and mabye more of a variety of programs. (Such as sports, music, acting, art, etc etc) Over all I love this school and have been it my whole life!

Posted May 03, 2013
We love this school. The teachers, principal, and parents make a caring, responsive community. My two sons are thriving in this environment. My one son has some small special needs, and the school has been terrific in helping him.

Posted December 21, 2008
I have two children at Maryland Avenue Montessori school. I am also a former staff member. It has been a great environment for my children. I would recommend parents visit and see if this school is a great fit for your family too.

Posted June 28, 2007
I have 2 children at Maryland and they are thriving. The teachers are top notch and the principal is great. There are lots of chances to be involved in the school and lots of parents and community members can be found working with children or working in or around the school and grounds. This is a school full of love. The children can be children here and have a happy, healthy school experience.

2418 North Maryland Avenue, Milwaukee, WI  53211
Last modified Maryland Avenue Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.