Posted September 29, 2011
Thoreau is a great place for children to learn. The staff do an excellent job caring for and teaching the children

Posted January 07, 2011
I graduated high school year of 2010 and I went to this school in 5-6th grade.....AND I HAVE TO SAY THIS WANT THE BEST SCHOOL I HAD EVER BEEN TO....IT WAS MORE THEN A SCHOOL IT WAS A FAMILY AWAY FROM....AND I AM TRULY GREATFUL BECAUSE THE TEACHERS THERE HELPED ME BECOME THE MAN I AM TODAY....THEY INSTALLED RESPECT,DIGNITY,PRIDE,CLASSINESS INTO EVERYONE.....I ALSO THINK THE PLAYS AND SCHOOL ACTIVITIES SUCH AS DODGEBALL AND EACH CLASSROOM HAD TO CHOOSE A TEAM NAME HELPED EACH ONE BECOME FRIEND AND INTERACT WITH ONE ANOTHER....BECAUSE OF THOREAU ME AND MY FRIEND SINCE 5TH GRADE ARE STILL FRIENDS NOW TODAY!!!!SO I LOVE THOREAU

Thoreau School 3

Posted September 10, 2010
My daughter went to Thoureau K-4 thru 2nd grade 2006-2010. They teachers are very good the the kids so my daughter learned alot. She really enjoyed the school there is a family feel to the school.

Thoreau School 3

Posted August 17, 2008
One of the kindagarten teachers is excellent! She is very hands on, cares about the kids, and is very good about making learning fun.

Thoreau School 1

Posted March 30, 2008
this school stinks!!!!!!! wisconsin virtual academy is awesome my kid is getting way better grades and there are no bullys!!!!!

Posted August 04, 2004
- a former student
I am very pleased by this school. Nowhere else have I seen this kind of quality in any school I give it an A, despite the minor skirmishes.

Thoreau School
7878 N 60th St, Milwaukee, WI  53223
Last modified Thoreau School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thoreau School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.