Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

As my son is in k3 and does not have homework yet. But i would thinkit is just enough.

My son just started k3 about two weeks again and his teacher is awesome and the office staff is great. Thwy have been very helpful and nice. I do not care for the school bus drivers that my son has but the school is great. One of the greatest mps schools

The kids swear around younger kids and push them around. My son is on the bus and these older kids push him still and swear around him. I think this needs to be stopped. I had to tell this girl not to swear she isn't old enough when I took my son off the 221 bus. My son is in K4 and she looked like she was in 3rd or 4th grade. Please fix this issue. This is the second time I brought this up. I tried calling school but it is currently closed. Please talk to bus drivers to keep kids in their seats and to not use fowl language

Awesome school great teachers nice students diversed school great principal excellent teaching subjects so enroll your kids and they will have a great year

This is the type of school you would expect in a small town, but it's in the middle of milwaukee. The teachers know all the parents and are focused on making sure students succeed. So lucky to have found this gem.

I am very happy with my child being at Trowbridge. Mr. Matthesw, the principal , is very present in the building. He goes into all classrooms daily. He has good control over his school and is very approachable, no matter the concern. There are many good teachers at the school and a few are truly outstanding. My daughter was in Mr. Nuestifter's class and improved enormously in math. He is an outstanding teacher. She also had an outstanding teach in writing, Ms. Lemmen. The school is small and everyone knows everyone. The principal has a myriad of filed trips for students, some of which are really special. The environment is friendly and accepting and people are treated with kindness and respect. Many of the teachers go out of their way to have sports and music programs. I would send my children to this beautiful school without hesitation. Our daughter had been in a Lutheran school: it was very mediocre and poor: no comparison to Trowbridge faculty. I am a retire MPS teacher: so I KNOW what quality is!

I felt at first this was a decent public neighborhood school with a great staff. After having discovered my child has more learning difficulties I have been running into a few new challenges that is making me question the schools ability to assist my child.

I was nervous at first about sending my child to an MPS School when we moved to Milwaukee, but the attention at Trowbridge was amazing. My son started out the year as a 'troubled' student, due to stress from moving from a different state, but by he end of he year he was testing far above average in every subject, and thriving socially. We are no longer Trowbridge parents, because he was accepted to Golda Meier, but I attribute much of his success to his time at Trowbridge.

I give this school 5 because the school has no bully's for the child the Principal takes time to talk to the student each morning the teachers are very nice and kind. My dautgher she has gotten straight A's

Choosing a school for our children should not be taken lightly. This school does not strive for excellence instead teachers cater to the average students. Therefore, if your child is gifted or simply needs to be challenged this school is NOT for them. The teachers are nice, but that has nothing to do with the quality of instruction that they provide. It does not offer an enriched learning environment. The P.E. teacher is proud to admit that she never gives students A s even if their GPA suffers. The importance of independent reading is not reinforced so my child has not shown much progress in reading as he had in his previous school. I wish it were a better school because it s so close to our home.

Last modified Trowbridge Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.