Milwaukee, WI
Before care: Yes

Trowbridge Street School 2

Posted January 28, 2014
I felt at first this was a decent public neighborhood school with a great staff. After having discovered my child has more learning difficulties I have been running into a few new challenges that is making me question the schools ability to assist my child.

Posted November 06, 2013
I was nervous at first about sending my child to an MPS School when we moved to Milwaukee, but the attention at Trowbridge was amazing. My son started out the year as a 'troubled' student, due to stress from moving from a different state, but by he end of he year he was testing far above average in every subject, and thriving socially. We are no longer Trowbridge parents, because he was accepted to Golda Meier, but I attribute much of his success to his time at Trowbridge.

Posted August 21, 2013
I give this school 5 because the school has no bully's for the child the Principal takes time to talk to the student each morning the teachers are very nice and kind. My dautgher she has gotten straight A's

Trowbridge Street School 2

Posted January 29, 2012
Choosing a school for our children should not be taken lightly. This school does not strive for excellence instead teachers cater to the average students. Therefore, if your child is gifted or simply needs to be challenged this school is NOT for them. The teachers are nice, but that has nothing to do with the quality of instruction that they provide. It does not offer an enriched learning environment. The P.E. teacher is proud to admit that she never gives students A s even if their GPA suffers. The importance of independent reading is not reinforced so my child has not shown much progress in reading as he had in his previous school. I wish it were a better school because it s so close to our home.

Trowbridge Street School 3

Posted August 29, 2009
This school is excellent because of it's small class sizes and the individualized education and attention the children receive. Most of the teachers are extremely dedicated and the principal is very active with the students. I'm only giving it a three star rating because a very poor teacher continues to be employed at the school even after multiple complaints. Additionally, the 'special' classes, like art and gym are infrequent (as is the case with most mps schools) and only a few grade levels are even offered extra-curriculars (sports).

Posted February 09, 2009
A great school by a great lake!! The school has many good things going for them, and use creative ways to educate their children! I would recommend this school for any child looking to succeed.

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted October 02, 2007

Trowbridge Street School 4

Posted June 05, 2007
My son has been at Trowbridge for 3 years now. I am very happy with what happens at this school. My son is taught what he needs to know while still giving me the opportunity to teach him things myself. I am allowed to actively participate in my son's progress. If he is lacking in something, I am allowed to see where I am lacking in his education and what I can do more to help him as his parent. Since Trowbridge is undergoing some difficulty financially, I will aslo be able to show him the sacrifice and hard work of teachers and other community members who set examples by giving their time, which is an important lesson both for a student and a parent. My son loves Trowbridge, and if he is lacking in an area, then it is because of my parenting, not teachers or activities.

Trowbridge Street School 4

Posted May 09, 2006
I like Trowbridge for it's smaller classes, and attention given to each student. I love the Reading First Program and can't wait until the Math and Science prgrams are implemented. The New rain garden and out door classroom is a very exciting addition to the school. The tot lot is being reavamped w/ new equipment. My child is very very happy at Trowbridge and cannot wait to go back everyday. We are working on more Parent involvement, my child isn't old enough for the sports and and music programs.

Trowbridge Street School
1943 E Trowbridge St, Milwaukee, WI  53207
(414) 294-1900
Last modified Trowbridge Street School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trowbridge Street School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top