Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 20, 2015
I want to say thanks to EVERYONE: Administrators, Teachers, Parents, Students! Your hard work and total buy-in have made Victory a truly extraordinary school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 20, 2015
The hallway is filled with beautiful student work, inspiring quotes and useful strategies for overcoming challenges both personal and academic.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 20, 2015
As a sub, I often find myself in classrooms where students cannot extend respect to an recently introduced adult ally---The general feeling being "Who are you? Why should we be kind to a stranger?" The vast majority of students at Victory offered respect and kindness to me, their guest educator, without hesitation. Such behavior is both encouraged and expected there---it is a part of school culture.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 20, 2015
Victory makes it clear that kindness to others is vital---they even share kindness tips of the day during morning announcements. These virtues are further modeled through interactions between teachers and students.

Victory K8 School 5

Posted November 20, 2015
I had the great pleasure of spending a full week at Victory as a substitute teacher and came way from the experience feeling a good deal more hopeful about public education in Milwaukee. First and foremost, the faculty at Victory are fully committed to supporting the children's personal and scholastic development. Expectations are high and consistent when it comes to student behavior and academic performance. Firm, fair and kind are not just buzz words here...these qualities are very present in all the classroom/hallway dealings I observed between staff and students. Furthermore, the school population is incredibly diverse, allowing children the opportunity to learn about other cultures while also sharing their own. As a result of this hard work/unified vision/fabulous diversity, the children at Victory are open to the broader world, engaged in their own learning and producing awesome work. What an absolute gem of a school!

Posted March 01, 2013
My name is Tonee. I used to go to Victory. I was there from 3nd grade until graduating from 8th grade. I had times I didn't like it there, and some times I liked. My favorite times were being with Miss. Flesner and Mrs. Bahr. They were my favorite teachers there, and they still are. They are the only things that made it good to be there.

Posted January 02, 2013
I am a 31 year old single parent. From what I've noticed so far this school year is a well able teaching staff. Whom have in mind for their students the importance of a good education and a safe environment in witch to obtain that education. It is apparent, most of the teaching staff love what they are doing

Victory K8 School 1

Posted December 08, 2012
I am an 8th grader currently attending Victory for the Italian Immersion, and my personal views of this K-8 school is it's reluctant. The teachers are over dramatic and irresponsible, some even inappropriate. This school lacks intelligent role models and profit, leaving us middle schooler's without appropriate tools we need to successfully renovate ourselves to highschool. Most of the staff aside from teachers are unfair and irrelevant to students. One of my MANY disliked teachers is Ms.Denise Waddy Perine, she is completely unfair to me and many other students and should be kicked out for using profanity, ghetto slang, and much more. These teachers claim to be very intelligent and trustworthy when really they are truthfully uneducated and immature. I am not one of the best acting children according to the school, but i always maintain a Proficient and Advanced grade point average. Do you really think if i was that horrible i wouldve had good grades? no i think not, i and many other students are just not scared to stick up for what we know is right and fair. I beg of you to not enroll your children inside such an uneducated school because it will affect there future. _Shailynn

Victory K8 School 1

Posted July 18, 2012
Victory Has Great Teachers Not All But Most Are Good. But, The Principal Ms.Varela-Katz Has Lost Complete Control Of The School. The Assistant Principal Ms.Govani Should Be The Actual Principal She Is Great At Her Job. Also, This School Is Broke And Constantly Asking For Money. I Just Graduated And Am Honestly Glad I Get To Leave That Place. My Name Is Armando Perez-Mojica And I Wasn't The Best Child Probably The Worst But Even I Can Tell If Ms. V-K Was Gone I'd Go Back Anytime. And I Know Its Her Because The One Year She Wasnt There While I Was Our Prinicipal Wasnt The Brightest But I Learned Alot And Loved It Back Then. I Give It 1 Star Until The Pricipal Leaves Then I'd Give It 4 Stars.

Posted March 25, 2011
The Italian Immersion program is an amazing opportunity to give your child. The teachers in the program have always gone above and beyond since day one and it is reflected in my child's education. The Italian Program has numerous families that sought out this program from surrounding cities and hve registered their children through the Open Enrollment Program. This is a great way to open up the world to your child.

2222 W Henry Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53221
Last modified Victory K8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.