Bad
Good

Whitman is a diamond in the rough, they are doing tremendous work with few resources. My daughter loves it there!!!

There was a time I would have given this school 5+ stars but last year they failed me and my son. He gets bullied and then gets punished because of that. I have tried to switch schools but unfortunatly I don't see it happening this year. I would research other schools before you choose whitman.

friendly staff, high standards, lots of artwork displayed, parent communication, activities outside of school day...all at Whitman!

I am pleased that despite all of the cuts in our district budget Whitman continues to thrive and be a leader among other elementary schools. Our staff is excellent and they push our students to be the best that they can be, academically and personally. Our test scores are above the state average and you can tell by just walking down the halls and observing the classrooms that the teachers love their job. What a great school for Milwaukee!!!

I am so proud of whitman my children have learned alot. the teachers are great ,the principal is also great she calls the parent back on time or the following day and that is just wonderful with us. keep up the good work. the bullying needs somework on it!

I feel like Whitman is academically challenging my children, but in a supportive environment. When you walk in, you can tell immediately that the staff cares about 'their' kids. They focus on all of the fundamentals children need, including manners and respect. How you behave is as important as what you learn. I was just beginning to think citizenship was a thing of the past in schools...Then I found Whitman.

I love this school. My son loves it. Everyone is very open to discussion. They consistanly rank high in testing. All of the teachers and aides know the students by name. It is a great example of a school that works.

bullying,unsatisfactory tachers,and lack of results from principle.

My wife and I researched four schools on the southside of Milwaukee. Mr. Rehl was the only principal that gave us a personal tour. After greeting us, he walked us out into the hallway and immediately turned around. He said, 'This is my school. If you come in to see me, 95% of the time you will find me in this hallway. I can keep an eye on my entire school from here.' Mr. Rehl's statement told me two things. First, he takes personal pride in his school. Second, he takes a personal interest in the students. The tour verified my observation. A student in the hall came up to Mr. Rehl and asked him to read a story he had written. Mr. Rehl excused himself and quickly read the story. The fact that he put the student ahead of us confirmed my belief that this was the right school for us!

Last modified Whitman School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.