Milwaukee, WI

Posted November 22, 2013
Whitman is a diamond in the rough, they are doing tremendous work with few resources. My daughter loves it there!!!

Whitman School 2

Posted July 09, 2012
There was a time I would have given this school 5+ stars but last year they failed me and my son. He gets bullied and then gets punished because of that. I have tried to switch schools but unfortunatly I don't see it happening this year. I would research other schools before you choose whitman.

Posted March 26, 2010
friendly staff, high standards, lots of artwork displayed, parent communication, activities outside of school day...all at Whitman!

Posted February 23, 2010
I am pleased that despite all of the cuts in our district budget Whitman continues to thrive and be a leader among other elementary schools. Our staff is excellent and they push our students to be the best that they can be, academically and personally. Our test scores are above the state average and you can tell by just walking down the halls and observing the classrooms that the teachers love their job. What a great school for Milwaukee!!!

Posted November 02, 2009
I am so proud of whitman my children have learned alot. the teachers are great ,the principal is also great she calls the parent back on time or the following day and that is just wonderful with us. keep up the good work. the bullying needs somework on it!

Posted March 31, 2009
I feel like Whitman is academically challenging my children, but in a supportive environment. When you walk in, you can tell immediately that the staff cares about 'their' kids. They focus on all of the fundamentals children need, including manners and respect. How you behave is as important as what you learn. I was just beginning to think citizenship was a thing of the past in schools...Then I found Whitman.

Posted February 08, 2009
I love this school. My son loves it. Everyone is very open to discussion. They consistanly rank high in testing. All of the teachers and aides know the students by name. It is a great example of a school that works.

Whitman School 1

Posted May 01, 2008
bullying,unsatisfactory tachers,and lack of results from principle.

Posted January 10, 2007
My wife and I researched four schools on the southside of Milwaukee. Mr. Rehl was the only principal that gave us a personal tour. After greeting us, he walked us out into the hallway and immediately turned around. He said, 'This is my school. If you come in to see me, 95% of the time you will find me in this hallway. I can keep an eye on my entire school from here.' Mr. Rehl's statement told me two things. First, he takes personal pride in his school. Second, he takes a personal interest in the students. The tour verified my observation. A student in the hall came up to Mr. Rehl and asked him to read a story he had written. Mr. Rehl excused himself and quickly read the story. The fact that he put the student ahead of us confirmed my belief that this was the right school for us!

Posted October 25, 2004
Forget all the bad things that you hear about MPS. Just walking into this school you get the 'vibe' that it is warm, open and nurturing. From the principal Mr Rehl on down to the lunch lady all are accessible, open and obviously love their work. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I can imagine a better school.

Whitman School
4200 South 54th Street, Milwaukee, WI  53220
Last modified Whitman School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitman School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top