Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted April 20, 2016
I love this school. The parents are extremely involved and the staff is wonderful!! I highly recommend this school for anyone actively looking for a great MPS school

Posted April 20, 2016
This is by far the best school my 3 children have been one has graduated from 5th grade already. The teachers are really helpfull with their students. I my self have volunteer for this school as a parent and love it.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 03, 2015
My daughters teacher seems efficient. Whatever she's doing, it has improved my daughters education majorly.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 03, 2015
I like that my daughter gets packets of homework she has all week to finish instead of less homework due everyday.

Posted June 03, 2015
I transferred my daughter mid year in 1st grade. After only a few months, I noticed her reading improved tremendously. I'm so happy we made the change because my daughter loves it here. So do my husband and I!

Posted May 28, 2015
When my family moved here to Wisconsin, we were faced with picking the best fit for our son. The Whittier school staff has been excellent. My son was able to adjust better because all the teachers are passionate about your child's progress. They challenge each child and provide a well-rounded atmosphere in the classroom and outside the classroom. It was the best choice for our family.

Posted May 28, 2015
My husband and I transferred my two children to Whittier in first grade and K5. We have been very impressed with the level of dedication of all the staff and volunteers. Whittier is a very strong community, that continues to provide support and guidance to both of my children. The incredible level of parent volunteers and their dedication exhibits just how strong the commitment to our children and their education we all have. I am so happy we found Whittier and so are my kids.

Posted May 20, 2015
My children have attended Whittier since K4 and I could not have found a better school for them. It is a hidden gem on the southside. The teachers are amazing. They really care and want the kids to succeed and go above and beyond to help the kids in anyway possible. The Whittier Family is a better way to look at it. They encourage families to be active with the school also by family activites and programs throughout the year. I could not be happier with this school.

Posted May 20, 2015
My child is learning at an accelerated rate in a nurturing environment. Whittier offers lots of activities for the children and parents to interact with eachother and form a strong community bond.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son started last year as a second grader and couldn't have been happier with Whittier. For Whittier to be such a small school, you couldn't ask for more school/family involvement. My son actually was looking forward to summer ending so he could get back to school this year.

4382 S 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Whittier School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.