Milwaukee, WI
Students enrolled: 1,152

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
The principal is very tough and no nonsense. He is fair and caring to all of his students.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
As far as I have seen, the students at this school are very respectful. I only had occasion with one student who demonstrated a rude and disrespectful nature. He is no longer at the school.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
There is a strict no tolerance policy to Bullying and the students have also adopted this mentality.

Milwaukee School of Languages 5

Posted August 14, 2015
The staff is friendly. When issues arise, they are dealt with swiftly and completely. I have also been encouraged to participate often.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 13, 2015
If a child is in a class & being taught a lesson & receive help when asked then yes, the teachers are effective especially when it shows in the students work.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 13, 2015
It may seem like a lot to the students because they're the ones doing it.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
I haven't heard any negative feedback from my daughter/her friends complaining about any teacher not doing their job. The few that I spoke with the most tell it to me straight about what they expect from the students & how they can help the ones that struggle.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
They work with the kids to develop/maintain respect between themselves by communicating with then in a respectful way.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 13, 2015
Recently, my daughter had lost a friend & classmate that graduated with her since he was a well known good student & touch the heart of many staff members at the school. After he passed a lot of the staff gathered at the school with other students & his family to pay their respects along with attending his funeral. The few I've got to know love their work & the kids their they work with.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
I believe the school is a good school & I love the College Possible program they have there. It made the process for my child to prepare & apply to college easier for us. The majority of the paperwork was done along with receiving help on applying for financial aid & scholarships. Recently, my daughter received a call from her new College Possible coach she would have while attending her first year in college.

8400 West Burleigh Street, Milwaukee, WI  53222
Last modified Milwaukee School of Languages is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee School of Languages Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top