Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=2300+w+highland+ave,milwaukee,wi+53233&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=ckmsvs1zr14vkn_s8rzgtphxlxm=

Milwaukee High School of the Arts

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 2540454 2

Posted May 29, 2011
I was a student at this school (class of 1992) and I do not feel that the education which I received was comprehensive enough to prepare for me for continued education opportunities. Though the art programs were very good, in hindsight I am disappointed that the academics seemed to be a secondary priority. I later withdrew from the school and took up my junior year at Riverside High School where I was placed in AP classes, (Advanced placement) where I caught up with my college-bound peers and excelled for the remainder of my high school career. I did go on as an adult to travel and took acting work as an extra in several movies including Interview with the Vampire, The Pelican Brief, Heaven's Prisoners, Candyman II. While I enjoyed this time in life, these odd jobs did not pay the bills and I continued my education in my 30's. Overall, I would have to say that if one is truly interested in the arts, visual or performing, and they intend to make a career out of their talent, then Milwaukee High School of the Arts is the place for you. If the academics are what you are going for, I would not suggest this school.

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 4032966 5

Posted February 01, 2010

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3978213 5

Posted December 12, 2009

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3947693 5

Posted November 12, 2009
I go to that shcool and that school has great students and great performences also i belive that you and your child(ren) will enjoy the opportunity there!!! trust me!!

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3814123 0

Posted September 16, 2009
a place for the children interested in any of the arts to get a good education and instruction in their interested field

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3367095 5

Posted December 09, 2008

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3185319 5

Posted August 18, 2008
MHSA is the best school you could possibly send your child to if they have skills in any of the art areas. I'm a current student, a junior, and my experience there has been fantastic! The students don't judge as much, because we are all so unique, and people just don't really care. The teachers are also great. They are really fun and we can joke around with them, but they also know when to be serious. There's so much more to tell, but the experience is better lived than told, so come to MHSA and you will be so happy!

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 3153661 5

Posted August 03, 2008

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 6378 4

Posted March 27, 2008

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 2893647 4

Posted March 05, 2008
MHSA allows me to excel in academics while pursuing our artistic passions. The students are kind and welcoming. The teachers are resourceful, helpful and compassionate.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Milwaukee High School of the Arts
2300 W Highland Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53233
Milwaukee High School of the Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.