Posted June 02, 2014
My daughter is in the class of 2015 at MHSA. The orchestra and music training has been unparalleled. I believe with her MHSA and MYSO (milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra) experiences have given her a very broad and diverse musical experience that her peers that are homeschooled to practice 4-5 hours a day will not have. The academics in 2011-2014 while she has attended have gotten better over the years as she is able to move into the AP classes. I fully expect her to have most of her freshman year college credits already completed when she enters college. The diversity of MHSA and the family atmosphere in the arts majors is a benefit I would not pass up on and am grateful she has had this experience is our increasingly segregated city.

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 2

Posted May 29, 2011
I was a student at this school (class of 1992) and I do not feel that the education which I received was comprehensive enough to prepare for me for continued education opportunities. Though the art programs were very good, in hindsight I am disappointed that the academics seemed to be a secondary priority. I later withdrew from the school and took up my junior year at Riverside High School where I was placed in AP classes, (Advanced placement) where I caught up with my college-bound peers and excelled for the remainder of my high school career. I did go on as an adult to travel and took acting work as an extra in several movies including Interview with the Vampire, The Pelican Brief, Heaven's Prisoners, Candyman II. While I enjoyed this time in life, these odd jobs did not pay the bills and I continued my education in my 30's. Overall, I would have to say that if one is truly interested in the arts, visual or performing, and they intend to make a career out of their talent, then Milwaukee High School of the Arts is the place for you. If the academics are what you are going for, I would not suggest this school.

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted December 12, 2009

Posted November 12, 2009
I go to that shcool and that school has great students and great performences also i belive that you and your child(ren) will enjoy the opportunity there!!! trust me!!

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 0

Posted September 16, 2009
a place for the children interested in any of the arts to get a good education and instruction in their interested field

Posted December 09, 2008

Posted August 18, 2008
MHSA is the best school you could possibly send your child to if they have skills in any of the art areas. I'm a current student, a junior, and my experience there has been fantastic! The students don't judge as much, because we are all so unique, and people just don't really care. The teachers are also great. They are really fun and we can joke around with them, but they also know when to be serious. There's so much more to tell, but the experience is better lived than told, so come to MHSA and you will be so happy!

Posted August 03, 2008

Milwaukee High School of the Arts 4

Posted March 27, 2008

Milwaukee High School of the Arts
2300 W Highland Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53233
Last modified Milwaukee High School of the Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee High School of the Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.