Posted February 18, 2015
MFIS did a good job preparing my daughter for her career in International Law. I'm told that her accent is impeccable, and she's enjoyed travel to several Francophone countries, including Senegal.

Posted December 03, 2014
The school has been fabulous for both my children who have been enrolled so far (one more to come in a couple of years!). The staff have always been immediately responsive to any question I've voiced, and the community of parents at the school serves to make it a true "family" atmosphere. Field trips, extracurricular activities, the 5th grade trip to France, multicultural celebrations, you name it and this school has it. The immersion schools have often been referred to as the "hidden gem" of MPS, and it is my opinion that the French Immersion School is the diamond of that group!

Posted November 30, 2014
I am also a teacher at another school. After ages of considering different schools, we decoded that MFIS was our first pick. Our younger daughter starts next year and we can't wait. There are awesome teachers, kids doing lots of activities, before and after school care, fieldtrips galore, and, best of all, my child loves school.

Posted November 24, 2014
The school has worked very well for my daughter who is very bright, but can be quite energetic. I have had constant contact and a great relationship from the school principle. My daughter started in the first grade which is a little late and they were able to find me a great tutor at the school to help her catch up on her French and she has blossomed a lot.

Posted October 08, 2014
MFIS has dedicated staff who give our children an excellent education and they are learning a second language at the same time! There are so many culturally diverse activities offered and parents are involved in making this a real gem in Milwaukee.

Posted April 02, 2014
To the parent who commented below about the comments being falsified to make the school look good online: Milwaukee French Immersion IS a great school, hands down. I believe most of the comments are around the same day because at one of the PTA meetings it was brought up that the parents could go online and rate the school. I believe a bunch of us went out that very same day or the day after and wrote our reviews. The comments are mostly positive and the school rated as 5 stars because it a great school. Great staff, multicultural student population, awesome opportunities, and of course the benefit of your child becoming bilingual. Our school test scores continue to be above the average of other schools, and those test are given in English, which says a lot, factoring in that the students are taught in French all day. I urge you to give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Posted April 02, 2014
I'm a parent of a K-4 and 2nd grader at MFIS. I'd like to respond to the comment that it is suspicious that all reviews were submitted to Great Schools on 1 day. I understand your feeling. However, the school does a wonderful job of communicating to parents. One day parents and staff shared the message, "Please visit Great Schools and share your school experience." So everyone probably responded right after that. It certainly would be better if Great Schools would ask us to submit our real names. That would be fair. If you really want to know about the school, I suggest taking a tour and/or ask if any parents would be willing to talk to you about it. Good luck finding the right school for your child. Best regards.

Posted February 09, 2014
Our school is simply amazing. Kids get a global view, language immersion, diversity, and so much more. All three of our kids are so happy we picked French Immersion, and we are happy with the results. The high rate of parent involvement is just an added bonus!

Posted February 09, 2014
My husband and I are both teaches and we believe MFIS provides an outstanding education for our children. Even though we live two blocks from a solid neighborhood school in Wauwatosa we believe MFIS is the best choice. It is a diverse school, not only in people but in thoughts. Students engage in hands-on learning experiences. Teaching is driven by what is best for students not by standardized testing. The school encourages parent and community support and involvement. We couldn't be more pleased, thank you MFIS!

Posted February 09, 2014
We so love MFIS! We have one daughter attending currently and are sending another for school year 2014-15. Excellent and caring teachers and staff. We also the love the diversity that this school offers our children!

Milwaukee French Immersion School
2360 N 52nd St, Milwaukee, WI  53210
Last modified Milwaukee French Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee French Immersion School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top