Posted April 02, 2014
To the parent who commented below about the comments being falsified to make the school look good online: Milwaukee French Immersion IS a great school, hands down. I believe most of the comments are around the same day because at one of the PTA meetings it was brought up that the parents could go online and rate the school. I believe a bunch of us went out that very same day or the day after and wrote our reviews. The comments are mostly positive and the school rated as 5 stars because it a great school. Great staff, multicultural student population, awesome opportunities, and of course the benefit of your child becoming bilingual. Our school test scores continue to be above the average of other schools, and those test are given in English, which says a lot, factoring in that the students are taught in French all day. I urge you to give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Posted April 02, 2014
I'm a parent of a K-4 and 2nd grader at MFIS. I'd like to respond to the comment that it is suspicious that all reviews were submitted to Great Schools on 1 day. I understand your feeling. However, the school does a wonderful job of communicating to parents. One day parents and staff shared the message, "Please visit Great Schools and share your school experience." So everyone probably responded right after that. It certainly would be better if Great Schools would ask us to submit our real names. That would be fair. If you really want to know about the school, I suggest taking a tour and/or ask if any parents would be willing to talk to you about it. Good luck finding the right school for your child. Best regards.

Posted February 09, 2014
Our school is simply amazing. Kids get a global view, language immersion, diversity, and so much more. All three of our kids are so happy we picked French Immersion, and we are happy with the results. The high rate of parent involvement is just an added bonus!

Posted February 09, 2014
My husband and I are both teaches and we believe MFIS provides an outstanding education for our children. Even though we live two blocks from a solid neighborhood school in Wauwatosa we believe MFIS is the best choice. It is a diverse school, not only in people but in thoughts. Students engage in hands-on learning experiences. Teaching is driven by what is best for students not by standardized testing. The school encourages parent and community support and involvement. We couldn't be more pleased, thank you MFIS!

Posted February 09, 2014
We so love MFIS! We have one daughter attending currently and are sending another for school year 2014-15. Excellent and caring teachers and staff. We also the love the diversity that this school offers our children!

Milwaukee French Immersion School 4

Posted February 09, 2014
I currently have my (2) daughters in K4 and K5 at MFIS and we nearly put them in a private school because of our nervousness around the quality of the MPS system. I think the Immersion schools are in a league all their own and i'm so happy we made the choice we did. We LOVE our daughter's school, the beautiful diversity of their classmates, and how engaged and open minded my children are about new experiences at such a young age. Would still love to see the school get more sports/activity resources for the school, but they recently added basketball and African dance which is great! Choose MFIS, you won't regret it!

Posted February 08, 2014
MFIS is an awesome school - This is our 4th child to attend and the experience has been wonderful. Our children have and are receiving a top notch education with the added bonus of immersing themselves in a second language. What a joy it is to see our younger children understand what our high-school children are saying in French. Bravo MFIS Staff and Parents for your dedication and commitment to excellence.

Posted February 06, 2014
As a parent and a former student, I am living proof that this rich 35 year old program works! Some of the same staff are still around as well as fantastic new teachers (some former students as well). My children have had the privilage to have two of my former classmates as teachers! The parent envolvement is top notch and so many people are always willing to help! The school leader and the entire staff are very pationate about helping all of our children succeed. Students learn French naturally and are still able to score above average in English standardizes test. All in all, this is a school your kids will want to send there kids. I know because I did!

Posted February 06, 2014
I have 2 children who attend MFIS & they love going to school every day! We live in the burbs & have excellent schools which are within walking distance from our house but my husband & I chose MFIS for our kids so they can be fluent in two languages, by 4th grade, & have more opportunities in a competitive global workforce, plus it's just a fabulous school & community. The teachers & staff are compassionate & very hard working. Several of the teachers are former MFIS students & many teachers send their kids to MFIS which is very 'telling' of the amazing environment & excellent curriculum at MFIS. My daughter (2nd grade) reads French & English books to her younger brothers (K5 & age 3). Our 3 yo son who doesn't go to MFIS yet is even picking up words & phrases in French from his siblings. Our K5 son was struggling with his fine motor skills at the beginning of the year & we voiced our concerns to his teacher who has worked closely with him in the classroom to improve his handwriting & coloring. MFIS is more than school - it's an incredible community with passionate parents & staff, kids who want to learn & excel & a principal who is a top notch leader, advocate & educator.

Posted February 06, 2014
When I first toured the school, I was told that some refer to the school as the Milwaukee French Immersion FAMILY. How accurate! One of the best decisions I have made for my kids is to enroll them in MFIS. I first enrolled my daughter (4th grade) when she was in K5 while we were City of Milwaukee residents. I now live in a suburb of the area with a school a block and a 1/2 away and still choose to send my kids (K5 and 4th grades) to MFIS. The teachers and staff are so welcoming and engaging while the parental involvement is truly amazing. It really feels like a family. My heart skipped a beat the moment I heard my daughter in a full discussion (in French) with another teacher in the school. While the French component is great, the school also offers violin, piano and dance lessons, along with other extra curricular activities. When I tell people about our school, I'm asked, "what do you pay for tuition ?" I am proud to respond with "$0". I LOVE my public school.

Milwaukee French Immersion School
2360 N 52nd St, Milwaukee, WI  53210
Last modified Milwaukee French Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee French Immersion School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.