Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I'm very pleased with my family's experience at the Milwaukee French Immersion School (MFIS). The teachers are caring and have high standards. The administration is committed to building the resources of the school so that every child can succeed there. I am one of many alumni of MFIS that is sending our children there, too. Although I do speak French, the default assumption is that parents don't speak French, so the school and teachers have a system for ensuring that parents are engaged. Even though my family doesn't live in the City of Milwaukee, I didn't even consider sending my kids to a suburban school. In order to succeed in the world they will grow into, they need to learn early the empathy and other skills required to work together with a variety of different peers.

Excellent school. & excellent school community staff and other parents are welcoming & helpful. Always willing to go the extra mile for students

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff at MFIS really go out of their way to help students. I have found my childs teacher to be very accessible, helpful and kind. The principal is a strong leader who is always visible and willing to talk to parents and address concerns- as well as help create solutions creatively. The students are friendly and helpful, and there is really a community at this school that cares. The cultural diversity in the school is so amazing, as there are teachers from all around the globe on staff. The school offers gym class, music, art, African dance, and a co-ed basketball team. Our Mad Hot Ballroom dance team is amazing as well. There is always something going on at the school, and the involvement makes such a difference in enriching our childrens lives.

I am a parent of a new K4 student at the Milwaukee French Immersion School. The materials, toys and books are of good quality and the students seem to get personal attention when needed. My kid learned all of the colors, shapes, days of the week, greetings, common requests and can count past 20 in French before winter break. They bring home new songs and projects regularly. The teachers don't assume that parents/families have any French background at all, so homework and other communications are either in English or provided with support materials. The teachers and principal are constantly looking for new ways to support students more effectively. Although the class size is on the large side, there is a teacher and paraprofessional assigned to the classroom. Plus, I'm an alum of this school myself! I completed 5th grade in 1990. Being bilingual in French has improved my language and grammar skills infinitely, and I have found it much easier to learn new languages. I highly recommend MFIS!

MFIS did a good job preparing my daughter for her career in International Law. I'm told that her accent is impeccable, and she's enjoyed travel to several Francophone countries, including Senegal.

The school has been fabulous for both my children who have been enrolled so far (one more to come in a couple of years!). The staff have always been immediately responsive to any question I've voiced, and the community of parents at the school serves to make it a true "family" atmosphere. Field trips, extracurricular activities, the 5th grade trip to France, multicultural celebrations, you name it and this school has it. The immersion schools have often been referred to as the "hidden gem" of MPS, and it is my opinion that the French Immersion School is the diamond of that group!

I am also a teacher at another school. After ages of considering different schools, we decoded that MFIS was our first pick. Our younger daughter starts next year and we can't wait. There are awesome teachers, kids doing lots of activities, before and after school care, fieldtrips galore, and, best of all, my child loves school.

The school has worked very well for my daughter who is very bright, but can be quite energetic. I have had constant contact and a great relationship from the school principle. My daughter started in the first grade which is a little late and they were able to find me a great tutor at the school to help her catch up on her French and she has blossomed a lot.

MFIS has dedicated staff who give our children an excellent education and they are learning a second language at the same time! There are so many culturally diverse activities offered and parents are involved in making this a real gem in Milwaukee.

Last modified Milwaukee French Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.