Milwaukee, WI
Before care: Yes

St. Matthias Parish School 1

Posted November 18, 2014
I am a former student of St. Matthias. Through the years I attended this school, I was subject to merciless bullying, physical assault, racist and derogatory remarks (I am of Hispanic heritage, and my mother is a single parent). These remarks and bullying were not limited to students. Teachers did as well. The administration was informed multiple times of what was occurring and did nothing. I was punished for defending myself against physical assaults, and the perpetrators received no punishment. If you are a minority or non nuclear family, I cannot recommend this school to you. Do not subject your children to what I went through.

Posted October 21, 2013
St. Matthias has a wonderful staff and strength of community that is unmatched. The sense of community we have experienced has been tremendous and welcoming, it's one big family.

Posted March 25, 2013
We are just finishing the first year (K4) of sending our child to St. Matthias. We have been VERY impressed with how much our son has learned in such a short time. He has grown both academically and socially and we are amazed at the work he is turning in. Family involvement is strongly encouraged. There are a LOT of opportunities, even for working parents such as ourselves. We also appreciate the Extended Care offered by the parish. It's offered both before and after school and the caregivers are wonderful. We are extremely happy with our experience at St. Matthias!

Posted February 05, 2013
I have 2 children who attend St. Matthias and love it. I am actively involved in the Home & School and there are so many wonderful programs that the school has to offer. I encourage anyone to come in and sit in a classroom to observe - wonderful environment.

Posted November 03, 2011
We have sent all three of our children to St. Matthias starting in the 4K program many years ago and feel that every penny was well worth it. The teachers bend over backwards to help the kids when they miss assignments, are sick or need extra help. They a expect a high level of parental involvement but we would not have it any other way. It is a Catholic school and the students (and parents) are expected to live their lives accordingly. The computer program is great, the library, music, Spanish and physical education programs are just a few of the classes that make it a great school. The sports programs include, volleyball, basketball and soccer to name a few. The kids really get into these and all levels play. There are so many things that we take for granted that other schools don't have. The education the kids get will prepare them well for high school and higher education.

St. Matthias Parish School 1

Posted July 24, 2009

Posted January 23, 2009
We have two children who attend this school and we have been very impressed year after year. The academic achievement and support have been terrific! Our children have grown socially and morally too. This school has been a wonderful match to our parenting styles. I strongly believe that through the caring and positive role models at this school, our children have learned to make good choices for their lives. Thank you to such a devoted staff!

St. Matthias Parish School 4

Posted November 18, 2008
Excellent academically and wonderful, caring teachers. Family involvement is huge, and there are more opportunities in educational areas and in extracurriculars than in any other school we've seen. Socially there are problems with bullies that are not being addressed in both school and athletics.

Posted January 12, 2005
- a former student
Lovely lovely lovely! this school is a growing school filled with catholic atmosphere all around. The learning enviroment is wonderous! The teachers are hilgly trained and keep the children thinking. The cadet or safety patrol is the best in Wisconsin. The 'quality' is amazing. From first year teachers til 25 year teachers they all know what they are teaching and do it with the most heart felt compassion I have seen in years! their extracurricular activities teach the children to have fun, safety, it also focuses on the right way to exercise. The level of parent involvement is huge! Not only can they go on field-trips with their children they can attend sports activities and go to any assemblys during the school days that are planned. I must end this message with, Lovely, lovely, lovely.

St. Matthias Parish School
9300 West Beloit Road, Milwaukee, WI  53227
Last modified St. Matthias Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Matthias Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top