PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am a student in the middle school at Sebs. I really like it here. The teachers are nice and well qualified. Under our new vice-principal. Sebs has made improvements on the school and education. The students here are nice and friendly. Many families participate in the school community and the families are kind. As for bullying, I have never seen anyone get bullied here at Sebs. You should not worry about your kid being a victim of bullying. The church is one of the best looking of catholic schools. There is plenty of extra curricular activities. I love Sebs, and I am glad my parents sent me here.

I am a parent of three students (one current and two graduates) that have attended Saint Sebs. The school benefits from social and ethnic diversity and reflects Christian principles. I have been pleased with the educational quality and the broad range of extracirricular activities of the school. There is strong commitment from staff, teachers & parents. Great Place!!

St. Sebastian School is a very fun school and the teachers are very interactive. The teachers really know how to explain the subjects they are teaching. They try to help everybody understand the material and the classes are very engaging and eventful. Every day is different. I love having specials like music, gym, art, computers, library and mass. We have great field trips, too. Going to Madison in 4th grade was awesome because I learned so much more about our state's history. The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra field trips in 3rd, 4th, 5th grades are enjoyable and memorable. We learned how music can tell a story and change or show moods. I've made many great friends in this school and will be staying until I graduate 8th grade.

St. Sebastian School is a community of great kids, involved and caring parents, and has a super staff that works hard to ensure that every child gets a chance to succeed. I have been a teacher at Seb's for 5 years and am proud to be a part of such an awesome place that teaches values and character education as well the Catholic faith.

We have two kids at St. Sebs since 4K, now in 6th and 8th grades. We have found the experience very rewarding: it is truly a community of caring teachers and families. It may not have as many bells and whistles as other schools, but the most important reason we chose Sebs as a parish and school is making sure our kids learn early they are part of a community, surrounded by those who care about them and who are watching over them. The school thrives thanks to dedicated parent volunteers who inspire me every day. I read the other reviews about bullying and can honestly say in a combined 18 years of having kids there, we've never seen or heard of it. If I have one criticism it would be that some teachers (maybe four in all our years there) are not up to the standards of the others but for some reason their contracts keep getting renewed. The others however are incredibly awesome and make up for the shortcomings of those few others.

Teachers at St. Sebs are there because they want to be and because they care about students and families. There is constant discussion and collaboration amongst staff to find better, effective ways to reach all ability levels.

After 3 years at Sebs, I had to remove my child due to the rampant bullying and the administration's refusal to do anything about it but blame the victim. Last year, at Sebs, she once again scored very low on state testing, scoring so low in math that she was diagnosed with a math learning disability. I had asked for help for her for years, but got nowhere. I know now that it was the bullying and environment, as after a semester at her new school, with the same demanding curriculum, she not only scored in the upper 10th percentile overall on state testing, but achieved the second highest score in Math for her entire grade! At Sebs, she got C 's, D 's and U's. Right now, she is averaging a 3.5 grade point average. She is happy, outgoing and has a strong group of friends - very important for 7th grade - and a huge difference from the sad little girl who hated school last year. I have talked to many parents regarding their bullying experiences at Sebs, and everyone says the same thing - administration does nothing. As a church, it's great. But I would not recommend sending your child to school here.

St. Sebastian School has a terrific culture of kindness and giving. The parent and community volunteers give time and incredible talent in many ways to make the school unique. These 'extras' include: High Interest Day, Art Show, Athletics, Forensics, Chess Club, Theater, and so much more. St. Sebs teachers bring challenging and interesting lessons that help my kids learn about the world and the Wisconsin and Milwaukee community. They have high expectations which helps all of St. Sebs students to become resilient, hard-working. thoughtful, compassionate individuals of character. The diverse student body brings even more culture and experiences and, as a result, more opportunities for learning. St Sebastian School is teaching children of families from five continents. It is a welcoming, wonderful environment for all.

At Sebs teachers work well with students and parents to help students reach their full potential. Parents are an active volunteer base for both church and school. The student body is diverse and class sizes are smaller. There are a handful of field trips each year and the students take library (1x), art (1x), gym (2x) and music (2x) during the week. Scouting programs are also strong at our school/parish. Middle school students are able to participate in Forensics, track, volleyball and basketball (5th-8th grades). Luckily we live w/i walking distance but I know that for most of our parents who work downtown Sebs is an easy stop on the way to work in the morning. Also there is a well established before/after school program (PAL). The school open house is always the last Sunday in January BUT you can really come visit the school anytime. Sebs participates in the CHOICE program with no differentiation between the Choice and non-Choice students as far as I can see. Sebs follows a dress code which makes it easy to get ready for school in the morning AND to keep the students on an equal basis. Not sure what else to say but give Sebs a look!

St. Sebastian's school is a stellar choice, and there's nothing better in Milwaukee (believe me, I looked!). The teachers are super dedicated and work hard to maximize every student's potential. The school administration is very professional and exceptionally personable and accessible to parents. I have found the staff and administration to be quite communicative are always available to meet parents and swiftly address questions or concerns, both big and small. Most importantly, there is a dedicated community of positive, welcoming, and hard-working group of parents that support the school; student's needs are met from a 360 perspective. It was important to me to send my child to a school that offered a diverse student body and there are students at the school from all different backgrounds and parts of the Milwaukee demographic. Overall, this school exudes unity and collaboration. I feel good knowing that when my child leaves for school in the morning, they will be well looked after and truly cared for at school. I also feel great that my child is not only receiving an excellent academic education, but also a sound development of personal and moral character.

Last modified St. Sebastian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8