Posted May 18, 2013
This is an AMAZING school. My son is in the k3 class and he has definitely excelled in all areas. Fall 2013 will be his second year at MGC (k4) and Im confident that he will be well prepared for higher grades; He has already started To read and began adding a few weeks ago. They are very diverse, classrooms vary in racial background, gender and socioeconomic status. You will not find a better school. The principal and staff are awesome to say the least and go out of their way to know every single parent including the ones of students not in their classroom. The holiday functions e.g.. halloween, Christmas, Easter and the Auctions are must attend events. My son is treated with love and kindness he frequently speaks of everyone there. Needless to say we LOVE this school and when our youngest son gets old enough he will definitely attend MGC.

Mother of Good Counsel School 2

Posted June 27, 2011
MGC is a school that does not take pride in nurturing of their children. My child who has attended there for k4 & k5 did not receive the kind, nurturing care you would expect, especially in her grade level. Her K4 & k5 teacher was satisfactory but had a mean demeanor that the children were visably afraid of. They were welcoming in the beginning then I notice how that quickly went away as the school years went on. I also began to notice my child mimic some mean words that could only been said to her by her teacher as well as to other students during reading time. It was very disturbing to witness my child, her being the only child, display such hurtful words that her teacher must obviously say to them. Another concern would be favortism which is also very noticeable. Certain students are pre-chosen to participate in school activities such as plays, school events, etc because they were parishors or non choice program students. There is definantly issues with the school as a whole and would not recommend families that participate in the choice program to seek MGC. Its not fair to the children nor parents who seek quality education!!

Mother of Good Counsel School 4

Posted March 14, 2011
I can not begin to say enough about MGC. My son has grown so much in the 2 years he has been attending MGC. The teachers are great, the principal is great, support staff is incredible, and everyone seems to know you and your child by name which is a really good feeling. The academics are top notch.Visit MGC today and please check out the parish as well. The more involved you are, the better your child will do!

Mother of Good Counsel School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
it is a supportive, caring, and nurturing environment, which has provided a place to learn and grow for two of my grandchildren...

Posted October 26, 2008
Im a student at mgc and and I have been going there for 8 years. Im so glad that my mom put me in this catholic school. I love all my classmates, But some of the teachers I dont like. One of the teacher says that reading is like language but she talks just like a kid example, 'I ant gotta take this, its just bull.' I dont think a teacher has to talk that way to students. But I do like that everyone is friendly and nice. I like how we can all come together and have a fun day at school, with merit activites, buddies, game days, extra resess. When it rains a homeroom get to go to the gym which is the really fun. I like how we have family lunch but I do miss Hot dog day with free dress. But im going to miss mgc.

Mother of Good Counsel School 4

Posted April 24, 2007
I am a student at MGC and I like the kids. Their really nice and most of the teachers are as well, but there are some questionable ones. The academic program is overall pretty good. But the one thing I really don't like is the schools hygiene. Only four years or so ago, student council redid the locker rooms but it's just back to where it started. Signed- A grosses out student.

Posted February 21, 2007
MGC is a wonderful school and everyone is willing to help your child. The teachers are caring & open to parent communication. This is a community school that encourages parents to participate and make it a success. Get involved and you will learn about your kids friends and have a great time meeting others. Their is a uniform policy that is easy to follow. A Weekly newsletter called 'Kid Mail' comes home every Wednesday to inform you about the school. You can check your kids grades on line and stay up to date with teachers by email. They have a great buddy program and monthly family lunches. This school feels more like a extended family.

Posted June 28, 2006
- a former student
MGC is a great school! The teachers and the principal, as well as the support staff, all care about the children and their families. The children are all challenged to do their very best, and they are provided with additional help as needed. I encourage everyone who is looking for a good quality Catholic school that values diversity to contact MGC. You will not be disappointed!

Posted February 28, 2006
This is a really wonderful school and a terrific welcoming community. Teachers are A-1 and the standards are high. Great sports program too. This is what we want for all of our kids - to prepare them well for the future! Kudos to MGC!

Mother of Good Counsel School 3

Posted August 27, 2005
MGC is a great school! The kids are nice, and they really have a great acedemic program and athletic program. Although, in the 2004/2005 school year, they didnt do a very good job on picking subsuite teachers.

Mother of Good Counsel School
3001 N 68th St, Milwaukee, WI  53210
Last modified Mother of Good Counsel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mother of Good Counsel School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.