Milwaukee, WI
After care: No

Posted January 08, 2015
Wisconsin Lutheran is in my opinion, a good school. I am an A & B student, so I don't have much experience with a lack of motivation, so I can't relate to some of the other comments about unfair treatment and lack of special help. The teachers are all professional, and I feel that they are just trying to prepare students for college, where YOU are the only one responsible for YOUR education. If some students where raised with a lack of motivation to get good grades, then you can't really blame a high school staff for not motivating students enough. I think that when you are a teenager, if you aren't already motivated to be successful in life, then special programs in high school won't make a difference. I have never seen any indication from the administration that they only care about a higher review. In fact, they have never even compared themselves to other area schools. So, I think that a student going here will succeed if they apply themselves, but fail if they simply don't care about school. An administration can't force a student to care about school if they are set on not caring.

Posted August 20, 2014
I absolutely love Wisconsin Lutheran High School for my son. He's now going into the 10th grade and while attending this school his confidence level in himself has risen to an all time high. He's always been a little quiet but since being in high school he's opened up tremendously. The faculty care about the students and they are not going to stand by and allow a student to struggle. The teachers go above and beyond for their students and as a parent I could not ask for more.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School 3

Posted July 16, 2014
My daughter currently attends Wisconsin Lutheran. I have to say I never quite liked the school for her or my sons. I don t think this school is a good fit for kids who need a little more support to excel. Not every child can self-motivate. As much as they may have the ability to succeed, some students need a little more push from parent and teachers (school administration) to ultimately do so. In Wisco, this type of child falls by the waste side. They are discounted and often times removed from the school due to mediocre grades. There doesn t seem to be any effort on the part of the staff to motivate and support this type of student. It is my opinion that a truly good school brings out the good in their students. A student willing and able to succeed without any support will succeed anywhere. But a student with the ability to succeed but lacking motivation will only succeed at a good school. I don t know how you can say your school is good when it doesn t motivate ALL students to succeed but simply removes the kids that need more motivation to ensure the school is rated of a good school. Ratings like this are fraudulent at best.

Posted June 04, 2014
We had thought our child would attend a different Lutheran High School in the area prior to visiting Wisconsin Lutheran. His Father attended another one so it seemed we would just follow suit. From the open house, to us walking through the halls during the school day, and our son attending a day following another student we felt like this was where God needed him to be. Our son has never been one to speak out about things but he did come to us after we visited WISCO and said he thought this would be a good fit for him. We feel that Wisconsin Lutheran exudes spirituality, the staff truly care about their students, and communicate with the parents. We haven't attended WELS schools and we were slightly concerned about our child fitting in. The students and staff have embraced our child and he has already developed some great friendships.

Posted May 14, 2014
My son is currently a freshman at Wisconsin Lutheran and loves it. He's been an active and involved student who's taking advanced classes that challenge him. He's established great friendships in just a few short months and is looking forward to his sophomore year. The teachers have been responsive when we've had questions and have offered their advice and insight.

Posted May 05, 2014
Our son started in the Wels grade school system and is now a sophomore at WLHS. He has grown in his faith, is receiving a higher level of education, has fellowship with friends and is an active participant in athletics. As parents, we are made to feel a part of the school, have built life-long friendships with other parents and know our child is receiving the best education in a Christian based setting.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School 4

Posted May 03, 2014
As a graduate and as a parent I greatly appreciate the hearts of the teachers at Wisconsin Lutheran. This is a school that has a great education system for high school kids and has worked hard to adapt to the changes within education while offering the opportunity to a lot of students that wouldn't be able to afford it through scholarships and the CHOICE program. The focus on Christian education creates a solid foundation for the future faith life of young people. It is not without it's challenges and it's issues, just like all high schools, but they continue to be a school that is willing to be challenged to do better. In my experiences, this is a school that is worth supporting, attending and celebrating!

Posted May 01, 2014
WLHS is a great school that places emphasis on a quality, Christian education. I highly recommend.

Posted April 30, 2014
This school provides ample opportunity to excel in a variety of interests, may it be scholastic, sports, drama/chorus, volunteer/evangelism, and shop/computer while giving students Christ-based education that will carry them onto higher education or right into the work force.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
I have two sons, the oldest is a graduate of wisco, and the other one is still a junior. We chose wisco based on a variety of factors; 1. A Christ based education. 2. Size of school. 3. Academics. 4. Diversity of students. 5. Strength of extracurricular activities. 6. Watched the neighbors kids who attended wisco grow up to be outstanding young adults. Wisco has delivered on all fronts!!! In addition, the teachers and coaches have proven to truly have a vested interest in their students overall well being- spiritual, academic and physical. Wouldn't change our decision, even though we are non WELS, and pay a higher tuition.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School
330 N Glenview Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53213
Last modified Wisconsin Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top