PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted March 02, 2016
I have 2 children that attended MMS. As they (my children) have gotten older, they have both spoken to me about their education. Simply, MMS made a difference in their life(broadened their thinking) and are grateful for those adults that were involved with them. They were given opportunities to experience natures classroom, current event field trips as well as my favorite parent/teacher/child conferences. When children are young and they enjoy something that's great. However, now as they talk about their MMS days I hear the love, the laughter and their shenanigans (oops - I mean adventures) and the difference MMS made in their lives. As for the Head of School, I found her straightforwardness refreshing and her willingness to listen appreciated. Many administrators play games, she does not. I wish more Head of Schools were like her candid and honest!

Milwaukee Montessori School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 02, 2016
I am grateful for all the time you listened/heard/respected my children when they were at your school to now even as adults. I appreciate that your continued candidness/laughter with me as well as with my children continues in our lives after MMS.

Posted August 13, 2015
Toddler program was uncaring and judgmental of parents. Children's House was overcrowded. The principal is rude and arrogant. Would not recommend this school unless your child is always easy and you have great amount of money above and beyond the hefty tuition.

Posted May 20, 2015
I completely agree with the previous review. We had the same issue with my child. I was just waiting for the toddler care to be done. Last year when my child was done with stepping stones, I was extremely happy. We even thought about moving school. The head of that classroom ( you know who I am referring to) thinks she knows everything. She does not listen to parents and children. She thinks she is the boss. My child used to complaint about her everyday. I am so glad when my child moved to children's house. So far children's house seems to be better. But not as much as I expected. Parents think twice before enrolling.

Posted May 18, 2015
This school is for business. They don't care for the kids. Toddler care is worst. Especially stepping stones. They think they are the rulers. They just do not care about the little kids. It's so messy. They don't get any love and attention. Please do not put your child. This is my honest feedback. You will suffer later. They just care about money and nothing else.

Posted January 20, 2015
Our experience thus far at MMS has been enriching. The Head of School and her staff do an excellent job at preserving the true essence of the Montessori experience while integrating technology, global progressiveness and diversity. We have witnessed our child grow into a new level of independence while showing confidence and a love of learning.

Posted December 11, 2014
We sent both of our children to MMS for 12 and 13 years and would never do anything differently. Sure, there are some people who did not have experiences to their liking, but there are thousands of folks who have been super happy with the beauty, the order, and the manner in which their children are and have been educated and treated! Why should a few bitter people try to deprive other children of the incredible opportunities at MMS? I would advise readers to take this review seriously, and not the reviews of people who are obviously vengeful. MMS is a school that employs culturally diverse, loving, and well educated faculty. It is a school that provides a peaceful, predictable, and joyful environment for very high achieving students. This is the review to take to heart potential parents! Avoid the words of the haters!

Posted November 14, 2014
Two our our children have graduated from MMS and one is about to. That said, we are starting all over again with our four year old. MMS was an easy choice for a variety of reasons, but most importantly because our children have grown up to be independent thinkers, as well as confidant and engaged learners. My senior in high school is getting several scholarship offers, as are his MMS peers, and I continue to be impressed with just how polite and engaged these young adults are. My son who is in his first year of children's house is already learning to become more independent and curious and I find myself, once again, impressed with the rigor of the education here.

Posted November 07, 2014
Our son is in the middle of his third year at Milwaukee Montessori School, and he is thriving. The thoughtful structure of the school, partnered with the school's art, music and athletic programs, provide the appropriate balance of structure and freedom for our active 6 year old. MMS teachers help him excel academically without him ever feeling pushed. Along with keen intellectual training, MMS develops good citizens - people that care about each other - engaging in community service, environmental stewardship and study of their global community. We are so happy to be part of this thriving school community.

Posted October 04, 2014
You will not have to worry about bullying or gossiping among the students at MMS, the teachers and administrative staff have that covered, they're the best at it. There are far better private and public schools that believe in developing healthy, confident and self- sufficient kids. This is a business NOT a school. Please take all of the negative comments seriously, your child's self-esteem is too precious to take a risk of hopefully "flying under the radar". That was a direct quote from a parent who's child wasn't singled out and embarrassed by the Jr. High teacher (we all know the teacher that I'm speaking about).

Milwaukee Montessori School
345 N 95th St, Milwaukee, WI  53226
Last modified Milwaukee Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8