PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

My child appreciated a culture of kindness evident at the Junior High level.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Teachers effectively support students with learning differences. MMS has excellent Junior High teachers.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership communicates a strong commitment to education. Every interaction with MMS' leadership was ultimately effective.

Develops character: Strongly agree

At the 8th grade level my student was given the opportunity to make a real life decision: succeed at MMS or fail elsewhere for free. She chose to stay and succeed. MMS develops integrity, compassion and respect via it's program structure and committed teaching staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Junior High teachers are talented and engaged. They bring out the best in students most often.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Some homework is self-paced and some is deadline driven. There is a mix of paper and pencil and technology. What drives the approach to homework depends upon the task at hand.

I have 2 children that attended MMS. As they (my children) have gotten older, they have both spoken to me about their education. Simply, MMS made a difference in their life(broadened their thinking) and are grateful for those adults that were involved with them. They were given opportunities to experience natures classroom, current event field trips as well as my favorite parent/teacher/child conferences. When children are young and they enjoy something that's great. However, now as they talk about their MMS days I hear the love, the laughter and their shenanigans (oops - I mean adventures) and the difference MMS made in their lives. As for the Head of School, I found her straightforwardness refreshing and her willingness to listen appreciated. Many administrators play games, she does not. I wish more Head of Schools were like her candid and honest!

Toddler program was uncaring and judgmental of parents. Children's House was overcrowded. The principal is rude and arrogant. Would not recommend this school unless your child is always easy and you have great amount of money above and beyond the hefty tuition.

I completely agree with the previous review. We had the same issue with my child. I was just waiting for the toddler care to be done. Last year when my child was done with stepping stones, I was extremely happy. We even thought about moving school. The head of that classroom ( you know who I am referring to) thinks she knows everything. She does not listen to parents and children. She thinks she is the boss. My child used to complaint about her everyday. I am so glad when my child moved to children's house. So far children's house seems to be better. But not as much as I expected. Parents think twice before enrolling.

This school is for business. They don't care for the kids. Toddler care is worst. Especially stepping stones. They think they are the rulers. They just do not care about the little kids. It's so messy. They don't get any love and attention. Please do not put your child. This is my honest feedback. You will suffer later. They just care about money and nothing else.

Last modified Milwaukee Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8