Milwaukee Lutheran High School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
My child is a senior here this year 2014/2015. Pros: Teachers share their faith and care about the students. Students attend chapel 3 times a week and have devotions and prayer daily. There are challenging classes and entry level classes available to all students. The school is safe and small enough that students really get to know all the grades.. Cons: More than 50% of the school are Choice students and the number continues to grow. We were told they were going to start limiting the number of Choice seats but just the opposite has happened. There has been A LOT of administrative and faculty changes since we started and it has only been 3 years. Some very long term administration and faculty have left. The new principal is not in touch with the students, does not appear to be respected by the faculty and doesn't listen to the voices of the students and parents. I am concerned about the future of the school, leadership and the faculty turnover. If I were looking at high schools right now, Milwaukee Lutheran would not be my choice. I really hope they can turn things around but I have seen just the opposite happen in the last 3 years.

Posted October 24, 2011
This school is the best school i have heard of today! If you is having problems finding a highschool i would recoment that you would come to Milwaukee Lutheran with a nice Christian Atmosphire and strong academics. With how i am doing right now i will have no problem finding a college once i graduate from Milwaukee Lutheran, and will help me with what will go on in the future.

Milwaukee Lutheran High School 3

Posted April 07, 2011
This is school is ok. It is find to hard a decent high school out there now days.

Posted April 05, 2011
This A GREAT school. Teachers are in-touch with todays society and things teens go through. They are very understanding and helpful.

Posted December 20, 2009
My son went to Milwaukee Lutheran High School. He excelled in his pursuit of education and excelled in the sports program, both in Baseball and Football. Teachers and learning experiences in the classroom and playing fields prepared him well for the greatest challenge in his young life when he wad diagnosed with cancer. His Faith assured him that his most important victory awaited him in Heaven.

Milwaukee Lutheran High School 4

Posted December 08, 2009
I have twin boys in 9th grade at MLHS. They have met good friends and have participated in sports. I have an 8th grader that will be attending the school next year. He is excited to be able to go there. I feel comfortable talking with and emailing my childrens teachers. They truly care about the children and there values as Christians, which are incorporated into every subject. I would highly recommend this high school. As far as the school choice program goes I think the staff has gotten a better hold on things and have not heard of any negativity from my children.

Milwaukee Lutheran High School 4

Posted November 18, 2009
My child is a 9th grader at MLHS and so far she likes it a lot. She is gathering a small core group of friends and likes all of her teachers. The staff and administration appear to be genuinely concerned for the spiritual and academic well-being of the children placed in their care. Parents get updates about the opprtunities for school and community service. MLHS also allows parents to access their childs grades online which is very helpful in monitoring progress. They have numerous extra-curricular activities (my child has had a difficult time choosing). I don't know what the future holds for us, but if things continue as they have MLHS will certainly be a part of it.

Posted August 18, 2008

Posted August 08, 2008
Milwaukee Lutheran is an excellent school with some of the most caring teachers and faculty members in the area. Through education at this quality school i was easily accepted into several of the top universities in the midwest. I have noticed a slight decline however, since the high school joined the controversial Milwaukee Parental Choice Program in 2005. Since then not all the students have been focused on education and there has been a sharp rise in disciplinary problems. That is to be expected, i guess, when MPS kids are thrown into a structured environment. Still, Milwaukee Lutheran offers a very high quality Christian education.

Posted November 09, 2007
This is a great place! The teachers are student-centered and focused on student success, the Christian environment is all-consuming, and the entire staff cares about each family!

Milwaukee Lutheran High School
9700 West Grantosa Drive, Milwaukee, WI  53222
Last modified Milwaukee Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Milwaukee Lutheran High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.