PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted July 30, 2016
It has always been students first and preparing for more school as the goal. Great great atmosphere always !!

Posted February 18, 2016
I'm a current Senior at Messmer, and I can say it has definitely prepared me for my future. I've been given so man opportunities, met very influential people, and I am confident that college will be an easy transition for me. However, Messmer is not for everyone. If you are not ready to put in work to achieve you goals and if you can't be humbled by your experiences, you may want to consider another school. The teachers and administration become family and they will push you beyond your limits. With Messmer's collegiate standards of teaching and learning, and enforcement of leadership skills, anyone who enrolls and succeeds to graduation will be a force to be reckoned with. Blessings!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 18, 2016
At times, the teachers tend to be behind on updating grades. However, they take time out to work with us. Most of our teachers are available for after schools assistance. They are very diligent and they want us to succeed. They are understanding and willing to work with students if they put forth the effort.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 18, 2016
Messmer focuses a lot on reading and writing asignments, so we are assigned a good amount of papers. I have 4 papers due in in the next couple of weeks and it does get heavy at times. However, there are days where you homework load is a lot lighter. Honestly, it depends on the teacher and your which class your in.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 18, 2016
By being a religious school the believes in living by the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, love, empathy, and compassion are characteristics that are highlighted o a consistent basis. Your surrounded by love. After a few weeks at Messmer, you can really feel it and we really become a family. What I love about Messmer is that we receive opportunities to display that love and not just talk about it. We go to St. Ben's, a community meal, we fundraise for people in need all the time, and we've worked with Habitat for Humanity on numerous occasions. We strive to support everyone, not just the ones within our four walls. We try our best to reach everyone from young mothers to citizens in Flint, MI. So, yes, love, compassion, and empathy are always being developed in our community.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 18, 2016
Messmer is definitely a no-nonsense school. Administration is very particular about honesty and defying the rules will call for consequences. Don't get intimidated by this. Though they impress a strong standing against things of this matter, they will not pressure you into anything and whatever you say is confidential. They strive to seek justice and protection, so you'll never find yourself in an awkward situation.

Messmer High School 2

Posted October 20, 2014
Teachers wait until the last minute literally one day before grades are due to the office before updating. My son had a A in a class all quarter, the night before teachers were scheduled to submit grades he received a C. Students are held to high standards but teachers are not. Teachers should have deadlines and requirements as the students do. It seems as though the teachers get pleasure out of failing these students.

Messmer High School 4

Posted February 18, 2014
I am a former student of Messmer. The school is a great school. The teachers are dedicated to helping each student succeed. Everything they have taught me is now helping me in college now. The classes offered are high quality classes and help prepare you college. On top of all that the counselors bring in college admissions people to help you get a head start on deciding which college is best for you. And on top of all of this the school is safe.

Messmer High School 1

Posted October 22, 2011
i hate messmer. messmer is a bad school never send yourr kid there it is horrioble

Posted September 24, 2009
I graduated from Messmer and I loved the school the staff and administration provided me with all the necessary tools. If we are still living here in WI my childrens high school is already picked.

742 W Capitol Dr, Milwaukee, WI  53206
Last modified Messmer High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.