Posted September 29, 2014
Not the best school! Teachers are non professionals so as administration,most teachers came from health care background (nurses) specially elementary school stuff.All of the school board have their kids attending other schools but not Salam school! I pulled out my kids as the school never met my expectations.Don't recommend it at all.

Posted September 10, 2014
After reading all the reviews, shame on all you parents out there that expect the school to discipline your children. That is the job of the parent! Did you forget that it is YOUR responsibility to raise and discipline your children to become good citizens?!?! I do agree that some areas the school lacks. It they do take into consideration your opinions. I am very opinionated and whenever I see a negative I go to the administration and usually something is done! I have three children that still attend and rank the highest in there class. Did you forget that IT IS your JOB as a PARENT to help your child succeed by helping them with homework. A teacher is there I guide and help a child and that's what the teachers at Salam School do. Again, shame on you parents out there that expect the teachers and administration to discipline your children!!

Posted August 22, 2014
Sending my kids to Salam Elementary was a big mistake. I don t recommend anyone sending their kids to this school. I agree that the positive reviews are not being written by parents but by staff. Last year I enrolled my three children in Salam Elementary, and I will not enroll them again this fall. My kids were telling me that many of the teachers there are very mean and always screaming at the students; and they expect the kids, with their parent s help, to do very much homework with little in-class instruction. In addition to it's unsafe with a high percentage of bullying. My kids have started hating this school and did not want to go anymore, especially my older child. The teachers are not doing their job well enough for the children to understand their homework and do it by themselves. Two times I met with the principle Sister Khawla and, of course, she was blaming my kid and said that he will stay in his class next year. Then in March 2014 I transferred him to Whittier public school. He likes Whittier School, and at the end of the year he got very good grades and high scores at this school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 20, 2014
What keeps me sending my kids to Salam school is only the Islamic culture that I want my kids to experience . When it comes to either academic or teachers skills ,so I must admit ,the school never met my expectations. My kids get high grades because I help them with tutoring and extra materials ,without me doing this they would have get low grades if they depend on teachers in Salam school. If you can do what I do and you want the benefits of that Islamic weather , then go ahead and enroll your kids.If you want an excellent academic system ,then definitely Salam school is not your choice.

Salam School 4

Posted June 15, 2014
I'm a parent who appreciates the huge accomplishments in Salam School. Persons with a fair, objective mind, common sense, and diligent questioning can clearly see that Salam (Elementary, Middle and High School) is an excellent private, religious school. It's a disciplined school where Islam is first. Salam School just earned outstanding accreditation which means that academics must be exceptional. Not a single school anywhere is problem free! Since the inception of this Islamic full-time institution, the administration has continuously gone forward addressing & resolving problems. Great advancements are seen across the board from subjects to scores to behavior. All teachers have a bachelor's degree or higher, complete yearly professional development & education licensure. Majority of the teachers have 10+ yrs experience. The caring, Islamic environment shown by the administration and staff is what makes this school a great place to learn in. The high school just graduated its 4th senior class fully prepared for university work. By Allah's mercy, Salam School will continue for another 20 years, achieving continued success as it prepares Muslims for the global community.

Posted March 30, 2014
The positive reviews are not being written by parents but by staff. You can tell from the language used. This school is a social class system at it's best. My child was there for a year and left not able to read or write. After tutoring her and placing her in a public school she is doing great. Reading above her grade level. The school is unsafe with a high percentage of bullying. The administration doesn't care about the kids. The entire administration needs to be changed in order for this school to become decent. They have excuses for everything.

Posted December 19, 2013
I am a Salam School alumni and it is so sad hearing all of this. These parents are looking for a school to raise there children because they have no time for them. I am in my second year of college and I am proud to say I came from Salam School. The Teachers are amazing and work with every student. Mr. Shalaby, Mr.Kaddoura, and Sr.Khawla work so hard to keep Salam School running smoothly and they do an amazing job. They treat every student as if their own. Please, if you or your child had a bad experience at the school, please don't try to take the school down..., you will fail miserably. Salam.

Posted December 19, 2013
I have my kids enrolled in Salam School and I am very satisfied! All of the parents that have complained about Salam School just need someone to blame for their bad parenting issues. Salam School is here to teach your children, not to raise them. We've had our ups and downs, but we need to face the fact that we'll all face these problems at some time, at some place. There is no need to blame Salam School for all of your problems! Salam School is like family to us and I am honored to say that my children go there.

Posted November 20, 2013
I m really sorry for enrolling my daughter in that school !I feel gulty that I didn t take parents reviews for serious ! I never seen such a careless irresponsble school adminstartion !No issues ever got solved and what is worse is that my daughter s academic level went down ! Again I m so sorry for having my daughter going through such a terrible experience !Some authorities have to check on that school !

Salam School 2

Posted November 16, 2013
This is the worst school ever. Of course I'm talking about the elementary school. Really they need to get rid of Sister Khawla. Some of the staff too. Sister Khawla does not know how to desciplin kids. In fact she is punishing the parents. I don't see how she can suspend a child for a silly reason knowing for sure that both parents have a full time job. I think public schools are better.

Salam School
4707 South 13th Street, Milwaukee, WI  53221
Last modified Salam School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salam School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 51 reviews.