Posted June 20, 2014
What keeps me sending my kids to Salam school is only the Islamic culture that I want my kids to experience . When it comes to either academic or teachers skills ,so I must admit ,the school never met my expectations. My kids get high grades because I help them with tutoring and extra materials ,without me doing this they would have get low grades if they depend on teachers in Salam school. If you can do what I do and you want the benefits of that Islamic weather , then go ahead and enroll your kids.If you want an excellent academic system ,then definitely Salam school is not your choice.

Salam School 4

Posted June 15, 2014
I'm a parent who appreciates the huge accomplishments in Salam School. Persons with a fair, objective mind, common sense, and diligent questioning can clearly see that Salam (Elementary, Middle and High School) is an excellent private, religious school. It's a disciplined school where Islam is first. Salam School just earned outstanding accreditation which means that academics must be exceptional. Not a single school anywhere is problem free! Since the inception of this Islamic full-time institution, the administration has continuously gone forward addressing & resolving problems. Great advancements are seen across the board from subjects to scores to behavior. All teachers have a bachelor's degree or higher, complete yearly professional development & education licensure. Majority of the teachers have 10+ yrs experience. The caring, Islamic environment shown by the administration and staff is what makes this school a great place to learn in. The high school just graduated its 4th senior class fully prepared for university work. By Allah's mercy, Salam School will continue for another 20 years, achieving continued success as it prepares Muslims for the global community.

Posted March 30, 2014
The positive reviews are not being written by parents but by staff. You can tell from the language used. This school is a social class system at it's best. My child was there for a year and left not able to read or write. After tutoring her and placing her in a public school she is doing great. Reading above her grade level. The school is unsafe with a high percentage of bullying. The administration doesn't care about the kids. The entire administration needs to be changed in order for this school to become decent. They have excuses for everything.

Salam School 5

Posted December 19, 2013
I am a Salam School alumni and it is so sad hearing all of this. These parents are looking for a school to raise there children because they have no time for them. I am in my second year of college and I am proud to say I came from Salam School. The Teachers are amazing and work with every student. Mr. Shalaby, Mr.Kaddoura, and Sr.Khawla work so hard to keep Salam School running smoothly and they do an amazing job. They treat every student as if their own. Please, if you or your child had a bad experience at the school, please don't try to take the school down..., you will fail miserably. Salam.

Salam School 5

Posted December 19, 2013
I have my kids enrolled in Salam School and I am very satisfied! All of the parents that have complained about Salam School just need someone to blame for their bad parenting issues. Salam School is here to teach your children, not to raise them. We've had our ups and downs, but we need to face the fact that we'll all face these problems at some time, at some place. There is no need to blame Salam School for all of your problems! Salam School is like family to us and I am honored to say that my children go there.

Posted November 20, 2013
I m really sorry for enrolling my daughter in that school !I feel gulty that I didn t take parents reviews for serious ! I never seen such a careless irresponsble school adminstartion !No issues ever got solved and what is worse is that my daughter s academic level went down ! Again I m so sorry for having my daughter going through such a terrible experience !Some authorities have to check on that school !

Salam School 2

Posted November 16, 2013
This is the worst school ever. Of course I'm talking about the elementary school. Really they need to get rid of Sister Khawla. Some of the staff too. Sister Khawla does not know how to desciplin kids. In fact she is punishing the parents. I don't see how she can suspend a child for a silly reason knowing for sure that both parents have a full time job. I think public schools are better.

Salam School 3

Posted May 11, 2013
I will try to provide as accurate a description as I can. The school is split into two parts: Elementary and Middle/High School. The elementary is more established as it has been around longer. The administration is composed of a handful of experienced individuals who have been with the school for some time. The teachers are many and range in qualifications and experience. Most of the students qualify as low-income so the lunch, books, and tuition are free. Most students are pretty close to national academic standards, while some are beyond and a little more than some are below. The students are friendly to those who are kind to them. They are unfriendly and/or fearful of those who they feel treat them unfairly. There is a unique mix of personalities among the Admin, staff, parents, and students. Naturally this leads to certain groups having higher expectations than others. This is actually a good thing because there is always a voice for never-ending improvement. Most will agree that the school does improve a little more every year in things such as standardized scores, graduate placements, student behavior, etc. And I hope that it continues to move forward.

Posted May 10, 2013
This is a place where most of the teachers work until they can find a better job somewhere else. People always say they "looking" because the pay and environment is so terrible.

Posted April 23, 2013
I agree with most of the reviews, the main problem in this school is the PRINCIPLE, I do believe he has favoritism, he is focused about his position in this school, so because of that he is willing to keep whoever cheer for him, I never expect such a principle and his act, most of the teachers needs education and they are not even qualified to be a teachers, trust me just go and visit the school and see and practice the bad experience with Salam School, I think it s time for the ISM to think about removing this principle in the sake of our Children future and education. Shame on you PRINCIPLE, Please resign in the sake of the education, this school it has to be re-Evaluate, the teachers and the staff, and whoever qualified stay and whoever not then has to go.

Salam School
4707 South 13th Street, Milwaukee, WI  53221
Last modified Salam School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salam School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.