Posted April 30, 2014
Our children have attend Tamarack Waldorf School since K3. We were drawn to Tamarack by their deep reverence for each individual child. We lives their nurturing environment. We stayed at Tamarack, because the school has always lived up to our first impressions. As the children have grown, they are successfully and happily thriving both academically and socially. We feel that we are part of a wonderful community at Tamarack.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a community member that lives two blocks from the school. While I do not have a child that attends the school, it is a great school to have located in my neighborhood. Tamarack fosters friendships and helps keep our community together in and out of the classroom. Teachers take students on walks throughout the neighborhood, having the opportunity to connect with neighbors, including myself. I think it s wonderful that students have the opportunity to grow up with a sense of community. I also find Waldorf education a great method for teaching children, particularly the school s high belief in cultivating a lifelong love of learning in all children. If I had a child, I would definitely send him or her here.

Posted April 28, 2014
My son started at Tamarack 5 years ago in K-3. Although it did take some getting used to, we have grown to love the curriculum and the teaching philosophy that exists in a Waldorf school. My son is thriving in such a low-stress, low-anxiety environment. Over the past few years, great strides have been made to improve communication with parents which has been greatly appreciated. It is, overall, a great school and we plan to send our younger children there as well.

Posted March 04, 2014
We sought out an education for our only child that would cultivate a lifelong love of learning while fostering her natural artistic abilities - all of which Tamarack Waldorf provides.

Posted October 02, 2013
An urban school with a homey feel: Tamarack provides a warm and loving environment for my three children and, at the same time, an open and supportive community for our whole family. It is a beautiful school full of substance. You get the sense that the children who receive this education are made different by it: when I see the children at Tamarack, I witness self-confidence and a real interest in others, and the world. I imagine this would not be possible without some pretty amazing teachers, a strength of character in the school as a whole, and great leadership. Kudos! And thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making my children's educational lives so very lively, and full of meaning and purpose -- and love.

Tamarack Waldorf School 4

Posted October 02, 2013
Tamarack is a unique, diverse, urban Waldorf school that has provided both my 9 year old daughter and my 8 year old son with exceptional educational experiences. The faculty at Tamarack are well-trained, experienced educators who whole-heartedly embrace the philosophical foundations of Waldorf education. The curriculum, the spirit of the school, and the emphasis on social interaction as a means of personal growth are the three main reasons we chose Tamarack in the first place. And they are the reasons we continue to love and invest in our school.

Posted September 30, 2013
I have 2 children attending Tamarack Waldorf and I could not be happier with the staff, administration and school community. I have been especially grateful for the shifting in "keeping children young" and away from the fast paced life that threatens to overtake us. I am very comfortable with the approach to academics, inclusion of nature and school celebrations. I could not be more thrilled with natural objects, supplies, and handiwork and the absence of advanced technology in the k3-8 grades. There is plenty of time and exposure for technology and my children are thriving in this enviroment. They are both happy to go to school each day and happy to return for school events. We as a family are fortunate to have a Waldorf school so close.

Posted September 13, 2013
My child has attended Tamarack since K4. We didn't know much about Waldorf education in advance of enrollement, and primarily chose Tamarack because it was a neighborhood school that seemed to reflect our values. The diverse community reflects the world that we want our child to experience as normal. Our child tends towards the dreamy and artistic side of her nature, and we appreciate the fact that this is nurtured by the school community. The Waldorf model does require a commitment by the family, and the relationship to the classroom teacher is central to that - of the parent(s) and of the child. So perhaps that is not always for everyone. But if trust can established and communications are open on both sides, it is a great option for families to consider for their children in the greater Milwaukee area.

Posted September 13, 2013
My daughter started at this school in K4, and I love watching how this school nurtures her and prepares her for the road ahead. She is now in first grade and everyday she comes home excited about the Spanish lesson, the handwork, drawing and music she is learning. I love how the school teaches the whole. I am able to watch my daughter learn her Spanish through songs and action. Instead of straight memorizing. By learning multiple ways she will have a better chance at remembering. I am so thankful my daughter is able to be taught all subjects, including physical activity and the arts. I am very blessed to be part of this community.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is an excellent waldorf k-8 school that teaches the whole child from the inside out, these students are fully prepared to enter and compete when they reach high school. I like the knitting, music and movement classes. As well as the spanish and drawing lessons.The fairy tale stories and story like math concepts in first grade prepare the children with a rich and expressive life in reading and math. At Tamarak learning is like building with blocks, each lesson, each concept creates a whole picture. This is a community school where everyone helps to build a great school and parental involvement is the key to a child's success. My only wish for the school is to have it be Spanish Immersion, I've gone to Spanish Immersion schools and I truly enjoyed being immersed in the language and the culture and I want that for my kids.

Tamarack Waldorf School
1150 E Brady St, Milwaukee, WI  53202
Last modified Tamarack Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tamarack Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.