Milwaukee Academy of Science - (MAS) 4

Posted August 04, 2014
My last son of 5 children entered the school the 2013-2014 school year. I absolutely love the school. Their expectations are high but not far fetched. They push the children to become good community leaders and focus on social adversities that may hender our youth to achieve their goals. Their isn't many behavior issues that linger because of the school size the staff get on them quickly. I am also pleased that every time I visit the children of all grades walk nicely through the hall , there's no playing or running thru the halls at all. keep up the work MAS..... Oh may I add I had 2 son with behavior concerns, 1 who doesn't attend anymore and 1 who's still there and their needs were met and the staff offered support to me and with the acceptance it made a better student out of them.

Milwaukee Academy of Science - (MAS) 4

Posted April 16, 2014
I love MAS. The teachers work extremely hard to meet the needs of all of the students. My daughter is a 4.0 student and I know that she will be prepared for the rigor of college!

Posted December 20, 2013
I have to agree with some of the previous posts on here. There is no support for staff. There are so many behavior problems with students and there are not consequences from above to help teachers deal with the behavior problems.

Posted October 10, 2013
My son was previously enrolled at this school and this is thee worst school by far. My son was enrolled here and he's in first grade and he has behavior issues and the staff was not very helpful or professional. They kept my son in the office all day & when it was an hour left in the day they would call me to pick him up. I tried speaking with the president Judy Merryfield and she was no help at all. She insulted me by saying her school only deals with college bounds students not children with behaviors. I called Judy to talk to her about her staff's handling of my child and her response to me was once she talked to her staff she really didn't feel a need to call me back and she also admitted to me that yes they would keep my son in office all day so therefore he was not receiving an education. This school is ran by an unprofessional and her staff also fits this mode. Kids with behaviors they dismiss and treat as troublemakers, the staff is rude and the teachers they have working there this year are young and unqualified. I wish I could find someone over Judy's head and make a formal complaint. This is thee worst school ever!!!

Posted August 13, 2012
Administration doesn't support their teachers here. There is lack of control from administration on handling situations. There is consistent fighting between kids and nothing happens. This school is always in danger of having their charter revoked because of low test scores. There are some great teachers that work here, but the environment is hostel. There needs to be better management at this school to turn it around. The current staff just isn't cutting it.

Posted August 02, 2012
My daughter took advanced placement courses her last three years at MAS. There were numerous nights of tears just to get through her homework the first two years but she stuck with it and I am very happy and very proud of her. She is now in her second year at UW-Madison!

Posted June 12, 2012
My son graduated last week and was accepted to the University of Memphis! I am very, very proud of him. Although he had to take A LOT of science classes, the small size of the high school made all the difference in the world because his teachers made sure he stayed on track.

Posted August 18, 2011
My HS counselor is ALWAYS talking about college since I was in the 8th grade!!! She s cool and we have already visited 2 college s and that was fun. I don t know what some of these parents are talking about but you should check it out for yourself or visit my facebook page. I LOVE MAS!!!!

Posted July 29, 2011
I was not to sure about the school last year until i met with the a coordinator who explained everything i should expect. She was very patient and helpful when i registered my 6 yr old boy. After our 1st year i would say i am more impressed than i expected to be. My sons teacher and assistant are so kind with him. They made him feel very special and thats all i care about. I am very happy i moved him there.

Posted July 20, 2011
I have two kids who are going into their 3rd year and I am very happy with the school. I have to say that my kids teachers made all the difference in the world and although the focus is on science and math, my son really liked his art class the most. I would highly recommend this school to any parent!

Milwaukee Academy of Science - (MAS)
2000 W Kilbourn Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53233
Last modified Milwaukee Academy of Science - (MAS) is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee Academy of Science - (MAS) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.