YMCA Young Leaders Academy 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My sons have been going to young leaders academy for three years and I can honestly say that the teachers they had was awesome. The gifted for talented program is a very good and I like it, Its a shame that the name maybe changing.

YMCA Young Leaders Academy 3

Posted January 24, 2014
Sad to say that unfortunately after 10 years of being a parent at this school, I am now on great school in search of a different school for my younger children. I have been with the school almost from the beginning and since the past 3 years or so, things have began to tumble. The teachers seem to have lost their enthusiasm and interest for teaching. The new principal and new appointed roles of leadership, seem to be lacking the once sound structure I was use to for many years. I am sorry to move on, but I feel I need to find a school that is progressing and stimulating my kids minds. And right now I just feel like this is not happening anymore. I pray they can be able to pick it back up and get on track. So disappointing to see the low test scores on here.

YMCA Young Leaders Academy 2

Posted November 13, 2013
I have to agree with the previous parents review. When my kids started YLA was an awesome school but now it is mediocre at its best. The teacher/student involvement has went down greatly. The new principal does not seem to be in the forefront at all. Sadly thing have went downhill since under Ronn Johnson leadership which says a lot with all of the charges he is facing.

YMCA Young Leaders Academy 1

Posted November 11, 2013
Horrible! They're have been a lot of changes over the last few years and this school is now extremely disappointing. The new principle doesn't seem to really care about the kids. He never spoke to myself or my husband when we walked in the school..very haughty. I would not suggest that anyone send their child to this school.

Posted October 02, 2011
My daughter started there as a K4 student and her experience there as a student encouraged me to become a part of the staff. I am overwhelmed with the response and amount of love my child has received as part of being a student here. Education and discipline is what they teach these children and train them to do it for themselves so school life will be a little less difficult for them. The principle and staff train them for success in and environment! I'm extremely excited to be a part of the staff and my child to be a part of success! Thank you to you all!

Posted June 06, 2011
I love the way the teachers are involved in the kids learning abilities and also how involved they are. This was my childrens first year and they love it and so I love that they love being there. I have seen a better attitude of learning from them both.

Posted April 22, 2011
Excellence, Brilliance Superiority, Quality Brightness radiance is what this school represent for out children, I am proud to to say that my children attend YLA.

Posted April 12, 2011
My children have attended YLA since it was built. My 20 year old graduated from there in 2005 and is now completing his 2nd year in college. My 16 year old graduated from YLA in 2009 and is finishing his sophomore year in high school. The confidence and discipline he learned gave him the courage to audition for American Idol and make it on National TV to Hollywood week and the top 100 singers in the nation! My youngest son, 13 is now in the 7th grade at YLA. He has attended since K-4. This is the best school ever! All three have remained on the honor roll, and have a since of responsibility, not only to themselves, but to their community as well. I applaud Young Leaders Academy and the great job they have done thus far! I am proud and honored to belong to such a wonderful family! Mr. Johnson is the best ever! I would recommend this school to anyone! I am almost sorry that I only have one more year left!

Posted March 20, 2011
I am a proud parent and grandparent of three YLA students (one child and two grandchildren). This school has high expectations for our children to insure that they are challenge with every learning opportunity possible. My daughter has made a vast improvement in her grades since attending YLA. I am a witness to this school s advanced curriculum as compared to most parochial and public schools. I often tell parents about enrolling their child to this school. If you want your child to have the greatest learning experience, send them to the Young Leaders Academy!

Posted March 19, 2011
I currently have two children attending YLA, and I am very well pleased with the progress of both my children. My son, who's currently in the 5th grade, has been attending YLA since K-5. Every year has been a bit of a struggle with trying to keep him focused and in task, but this year, I truly can say that I didn't have to do most of the hard-work by myself, because of his wonderful 5th grade teacher who kept him in line and more focused than he usually is. My daughter's teacher and teacher assistant are wonderful as well. They're really teaching my children, and I can tell! What an outstanding group of faculty! They really put their all into teaching and it shows! Keep up the good work!!!!

YMCA Young Leaders Academy
1350 W North Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53205
Last modified YMCA Young Leaders Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
YMCA Young Leaders Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.