Bad
Good

I have been involved with DLHA for over 5 years now and I love them. I have had five cousins graduate from here as well as my daughter. I love the life lessons my children have learned from the staff at DLHA.

An awesome school---by every standards. A real gem in the community for every parent wanting strong academic foundation for their child. The Principal knows all her teachers' names and all staff relate well with the students, regardless of which grade they are. Parents are updated on programs. Diverse personnel, tons of meaningful activities for the students. Truly comfortable environment for kids, my son loves this school.

HORRIBLE SCHOOL..the Teachers want PERFECT students and I have yet to see that student at this school or any other. I am a parent who is involved not as much as I am able due to work schedule but can not do it by myself nor can my husband, kids will be kids when their parents arent around they will test whom ever they are with, these teachers are NOT babys sitters but at the same time they need to learn to be aggressive when disciplining these kids, not taking EASY way out and kicking kid out of class, and/or calling parents so they dont have to deal woth kids, that is why the school system is messed up now, noone wants to take accountability.

I would not send my child to this. He was bullied and the teachers and principal did nothing. Instead of the bullies get in trouble he was in trouble. Terrible school. My son learned nothing at this school.

DLH is very wonderful have three kids all of them have went to DLH and I recommend it for all parents.

DLH Academy has been a rewarding educational opporunity for my family. I am exciterd to see how the new Carrera program will unfold. Seeing familar teachers each year does help with transitioning to new grades.

My kids have attended DLHA since K5 and now they are in high school and college. I absolutely love this school. The staff and administration really care about the students, the curriculum is top-notch and education comes first. I highly recommend DLH Academy!!!!

well, this past school year was my first year at dlh and I will say this.... Yes, the staff is an acquired taste, there were a few adults that i could have done without starting from the higher up's all the way down to the bottom people, BUT......... I DID like the open door policy, I was there, sitting in classes all day, not only for my daughter but for my nieces and nephew also. I was allowed to go on the one and only field trip they had with my daughter, nieces and nephew. AND despite the "better than you" feeling you may get from the adults... my daughter received a TOP NOTCH EDUCATION!!! learned sign language, fractions and how to read (when she started k5 she could not read, entering 1st grade she is at beginning 2nd grade level!) SOOOOO I don't take anything personal as long as my daughter is getting the best education possible. (it helped that I am a VERY involved mom, so they may not have liked me very much, but they DO know ME!)

This school is a terrible joke they have 5 minutes at lunch, they make the kids walk in lines waaaay too much and their new parent pick up process is terrible!

The instruction program is good, but the office staff and some faculty members are very rude and insults parents and family members seeking information, or pick up of their children. Although the mission of the school is intended to uplift and excel student progress, it is hindered by unprofessional office staff and assistant teachers. My family is very disappointed and will transfer our child.

Last modified Darrell L. Hines Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.