Posted July 21, 2014
HORRIBLE SCHOOL..the Teachers want PERFECT students and I have yet to see that student at this school or any other. I am a parent who is involved not as much as I am able due to work schedule but can not do it by myself nor can my husband, kids will be kids when their parents arent around they will test whom ever they are with, these teachers are NOT babys sitters but at the same time they need to learn to be aggressive when disciplining these kids, not taking EASY way out and kicking kid out of class, and/or calling parents so they dont have to deal woth kids, that is why the school system is messed up now, noone wants to take accountability.

Posted November 24, 2013
I would not send my child to this. He was bullied and the teachers and principal did nothing. Instead of the bullies get in trouble he was in trouble. Terrible school. My son learned nothing at this school.

Posted September 25, 2013
DLH is very wonderful have three kids all of them have went to DLH and I recommend it for all parents.

Posted September 26, 2012
DLH Academy has been a rewarding educational opporunity for my family. I am exciterd to see how the new Carrera program will unfold. Seeing familar teachers each year does help with transitioning to new grades.

Posted September 26, 2012
My kids have attended DLHA since K5 and now they are in high school and college. I absolutely love this school. The staff and administration really care about the students, the curriculum is top-notch and education comes first. I highly recommend DLH Academy!!!!

Posted August 12, 2012
well, this past school year was my first year at dlh and I will say this.... Yes, the staff is an acquired taste, there were a few adults that i could have done without starting from the higher up's all the way down to the bottom people, BUT......... I DID like the open door policy, I was there, sitting in classes all day, not only for my daughter but for my nieces and nephew also. I was allowed to go on the one and only field trip they had with my daughter, nieces and nephew. AND despite the "better than you" feeling you may get from the adults... my daughter received a TOP NOTCH EDUCATION!!! learned sign language, fractions and how to read (when she started k5 she could not read, entering 1st grade she is at beginning 2nd grade level!) SOOOOO I don't take anything personal as long as my daughter is getting the best education possible. (it helped that I am a VERY involved mom, so they may not have liked me very much, but they DO know ME!)

Posted March 13, 2012
This school is a terrible joke they have 5 minutes at lunch, they make the kids walk in lines waaaay too much and their new parent pick up process is terrible!

Darrell L. Hines Academy 2

Posted December 26, 2011
The instruction program is good, but the office staff and some faculty members are very rude and insults parents and family members seeking information, or pick up of their children. Although the mission of the school is intended to uplift and excel student progress, it is hindered by unprofessional office staff and assistant teachers. My family is very disappointed and will transfer our child.

Darrell L. Hines Academy 4

Posted September 22, 2011
I believe DLH is a great school. The adminstration works hard to make sure every child is treated fairly. The teachers work hard as well, given the fact that each child is different and some are a handful. Others can say what they want but you cant say much about a school that happens to be the only school in the state that is an IB school!! The proof is in the pudding. Those parents on here saying they show favortism and wertent up to par....how much parent involvement did you give?? And was your child on of the ones causing all the issues......either way remember....the teacher can only do so much...we as parents make the, into who they are.....the school your child attends show only "help cultivate tour child...not make your child!!!

Darrell L. Hines Academy 2

Posted March 25, 2010
One thing I can say about DLH is that it is a safe place. Thank God! I do not worry about my child's safety when she is at school. Now, on the other hand, academically the school is not up to par. The assignments they receive is a joke. Do not expect your 8th grader to be prepared for highschool after leaving DLH. They do not challenge the children and they treat the middle school children like they are toddlers. If you choose to send your child to this school, make sure you have additional worksheets and assignments for them when they come home. It is really the parents responsibility to make sure our children are successful. In my personal opinion, I feel that DLH is more concerned about how they look and not what kind of substance they have. The uniforms look great but what are you really teaching?

Darrell L. Hines Academy
7151 N 86th St, Milwaukee, WI  53224
Last modified Darrell L. Hines Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Darrell L. Hines Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.