Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street 3

Posted April 18, 2014
The problems with MPS are almost entirely caused by their inability to impose firm discipline, coupled with the kids and their parents who don't reinforce the necessity of education or impose consequences for academic failure. Charter schools just exacerbate the program by cherry picking the kids with better supposrt systems, and taking money away from the public schools, driving up class sizes and lessening the ability of teachers to get through, especially when you consider that they now are left with a high percentage of kids with behavior problems and a lack of the support structures that instill respect for learning and authority. The charter schools are a significant factor in the cause of failing urban schools, coupled with educational policies that tie their hands from doing what's necessary to improve it. Policies, I might add, that are championed by people behind the charter school/privatized education movement for the very purpose of causing those schools to fail. It's grotesque what they're doing to the institution of public education. I don't blame anyone for sending their kids to a charter school, but I implore you to speak out in favor of ending the need for them

Posted February 05, 2014
Milwaukee College Prep is One of the best schools in Milwaukee, WI First, We have three different campus and will be adding one more and we are a family Also the teachers give us motivating words everyday and explain everything to us and don"t just give out homework if we didn't learn the lesson. Lastly, we get together every quarter and do things like help fight cancer with cancer patients, or healthy week etc. We have spirit week and dress down day. I have been there since k4 and you learn how to read in the k4.

Posted October 12, 2013
Milwaukee College Prep is a wonderful school that I would recommend to all! The administrators and teachers take the time to get to know each child and what is the best way support them in their learning experience.

Posted May 17, 2013
Milwaukee College prep is a great school. The teachers and staff show a great deal of concern with the performance of my daughter. She started this year in K4 and by January she began to read short word books. I cant say enough great things about the 36th Street Campus. My daughter has alot of energy and Mrs Fregoso and Mrs Griffin are great teacher who exude the same energy. These ladies are definitely top of the line teachers. My daughter comes home everyday excited to share with me what she learned and is eager to show her siblings.

Posted October 20, 2011
Hands down, there's no other place were academics is being taught, in the City of Milwaukee, with such intensity and value. The formula for success that is demonstrated consistently at MCP should be bottled! If our Public Schools expect to turn its failed system around, it would behoove the powers that be to request assistance from the dedicated and capable leaders of MCP. MCP knows that everything taught is about the academic health and well being of our children. I take great pride in knowing that all our Scholars that attend MCP are being given the chance to be their best.

Posted July 19, 2011
As a new migrate to Milwaukee, one of the most frustrating and challenging tasks was knowing what school would possess the values similiar to my family and where my children would get challenged at. When I was introduced to Milwaukee College Prep I stopped looking and have never looked back yet. My 5 year old and 11 year old love the school and teachers. I sat in on the morning pep rallies and it helped my get through my days at work. So thank you Mr. Rauh and all the MCP teachers and workers and I look forward to next year... Teh McCrary family

Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street 1

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 18, 2009
Academically, I love Milwaukee College Prep. But I felt that the staff knowingly allowed a certain crowd of students to bully others without any discipline.

Posted May 13, 2009
Milwaukee College Prep is an excellent school. They set high standards for the children and work closely with them to succeed. They have the BEST teachers and staff. We are extremely fortunate to have our two girls attend this school.

Posted November 06, 2008
I go to Milwaukee college prep and I am in the 8th grade and my name is Indiah Washington. And it is my time to go off to high school but I don't want to leave because the teachers there are like my mom and dad and i love them!!!!!!!

Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street
2449 N 36th St, Milwaukee, WI  53210
Last modified Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee College Preparatory School -- 36th Street Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.